America's long slide has turned into a free fall

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
People with any historical knowledge know that all great empires eventually come to their demise. This has been evident in America for some time, but no one expected it to accelerate so quickly. What used to be a 30 year horizon has now become 30 months to impact.

I have no idea how this collision with reality can be avoided. Just as killing Caesar did not save Rome, impeaching Biden will not save America. The die is cast, and all we can do is eat, drink and be merry. And enjoy the show.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
People with any historical knowledge have know that all great empires eventually come to their demise. This has been evident in America for some time, but no one expected it to accelerate so quickly. What used to be a 30 year horizon has now become 30 months to impact.

I have no idea how this collision with reality can be avoided. Just as killing Caesar did not save Rome, impeaching Biden will not save America. The die is cast, and all we can do is eat, drink and be merry. And enjoy the show.

Have a great day.

We could also fight . . . but ours is an Age of cowards who would rather play first person shooter video games while civilization nosedives, than shed one drop of blood to save it. We've also become too comfortable with eating our own young in every way imaginable. Children used to be our future, now they are the fodder of politicians and corporate titans everywhere. There's no grit left in the hearts of men. All men know now is conformity with and fealty to pure fucking evil.

People with any historical knowledge have know that all great empires eventually come to their demise. This has been evident in America for some time, but no one expected it to accelerate so quickly. What used to be a 30 year horizon has now become 30 months to impact.

Have a great day.

Um, okay, go into hysterics much?

The way you wingnuts have been carrying on for the last year, you'd think the Zombies are running amok.

"I have to pay $4.00 for gas" is hardly a crisis.

We could also fight . . . but ours is an Age of cowards who would rather play first person shooter video games while civilization nosedives, than shed one drop of blood to save it. We've also become too comfortable with eating our own young in every way imaginable. Children used to be our future, now they are the fodder of politicians and corporate titans everywhere. There's no grit left in the hearts of men. All men know now is conformity with and fealty to pure fucking evil.

There will be fighting. The only question now is how much bloodshed there will be.

There will be fighting. The only question now is how much bloodshed there will be.

Yawn... Didn't you wingnuts try to pull this shit in the 1990's?

1650734886851.png

And how quickly did the people turn on you when you did?

Um, okay, go into hysterics much?

The way you wingnuts have been carrying on for the last year, you'd think the Zombies are running amok.

"I have to pay $4.00 for gas" is hardly a crisis.
I think you don't understand the difference between "hysterical" and "historical."

But I am not surprised.

I think you don't understand the difference between "hysterical" and "historical."

But I am not surprised.

Actually, guy, I'm nearly 60... I've seen race riots three times in my lifetime. I've seen four wars, and eight recessions (seven of which started when Republicans were in charge, imagine that!)

Heck, even this gas crisis isn't shit. I remember the oil shocks of the 1970's, where people literally had to put locks on their gas caps to keep people from siphoning it out.

Our Founding Fathers realized only the smartest people should be allowed to vote. Ever since we expanded who can vote, we've been going down hill.

People with any historical knowledge know that all great empires eventually come to their demise. This has been evident in America for some time, but no one expected it to accelerate so quickly. What used to be a 30 year horizon has now become 30 months to impact.

Have a great day.
History can repeat itself but there's a wild card this time and that is MAD, which effectively cancels out the military solution. Are you aware of any other ways of preventing the inevitable.

See the link I posted on a 'New World Order'.

The author missed talking about the MAD factor, and so I'm wondering if it really is a factor?

Otherwise I would agree with you that America is done. And the human experiment on earth has to be done with it?

Like many countries we have split. Honest hard working people on the right vs lying corrupt moochers on the left. I would not be surprised if the USA split up at some point and we build a wall to keep the left OUT!

Have a great day.
Indeed. Putin and Xi are ready, willing and able to supplant the US as world leaders. Meanwhile, we're navel gazing - obsessed with our own internal "culture war".

View attachment 635076

Which of these eight are you talking about?

Well, all 8, dummy. Except for the one in 1980, they all started when Republicans were in charge. That was my point.

When that count was only two in 1978, my parents used to remark that Republicans brought us Recessions, and Democrats brought us wars... which from their perspective was right. Since 1900, most of the recessions/depressions started when Republicans were in charge, and most of the wars started when Democrats were in charge.

Today, Republicans bring us wars AND recessions. How efficient of them.

Indeed. Putin and Xi are ready, willing and able to supplant the US as world leaders. Meanwhile, we're navel gazing - obsessed with our own internal "culture war".

Russia is an economic basket case. The only reason any pays them any mind is because they have nukes.

For China... um, again, so what? If China surprases us in GDP, they still have 1.3 billion people and most of them will still be very poor.

The bigger threat with China is not that 300 million have gotten to the Middle Class, but that 1 billion haven't and might get tired of waiting to get there. I would compare the situation to 1780's France or maybe even 1900 Russia.

Russia is an economic basket case. The only reason any pays them any mind is because they have nukes.

For China... um, again, so what? If China surprases us in GDP, they still have 1.3 billion people and most of them will still be very poor.

The bigger threat with China is not that 300 million have gotten to the Middle Class, but that 1 billion haven't and might get tired of waiting to get there. I would compare the situation to 1780's France or maybe even 1900 Russia.
I tend to agree. The threat of China and Russia is overstated. But the pathetic dysfunction of the US is not.

Well, all 8, dummy. Except for the one in 1980, they all started when Republicans were in charge. That was my point.

When that count was only two in 1978, my parents used to remark that Republicans brought us Recessions, and Democrats brought us wars... which from their perspective was right. Since 1900, most of the recessions/depressions started when Republicans were in charge, and most of the wars started when Democrats were in charge.

Well, all 8, dummy. Except for the one in 1980, they all started when Republicans were in charge.

1969, the Dems had 58 seats in the Senate. Controlled House.
1973, the Dems had 56 seats in the Senate. Controlled House.
1981, the Dems Controlled House.
1990, the Dems had 56 seats in the Senate. Controlled House.
2007, the Dems had 51 seats in the Senate. Controlled House.
2020, the Dems Controlled House.

That was my point.

Yes, your ignorance was very amusing.

Bush wasn't a Democrat when he invaded Iraq.

"Our Founding Fathers realized only the smartest people should be allowed to vote. Ever since we expanded who can vote, we've been going down hill."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now there's a welcome post from good poster LennyPartiv who has offered this venue something of real interest (other than his Election Fraud fantagasms)......he has suggested an intelligence requirement for voters.
Which could be fun.

So, good poster Lenny, do you have a contemplated cut-off point for the requisite 'smartest'?
Do you do a test? Like the Standford-Binet? Wechsler? Woodcock-Johnson?
And what metric need be achieved with any of those tests?

Or, do you prefer an applicant for voting go before a panel of recognized 'smartest' people.....and they do a 'pass/fail' judgment?

Do you, Lenny, think you'd still be able to vote?
Why do you think that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
".... I would agree with you that America is done. And the human experiment on earth has to be done with it?"
Good poster Donald H, what you assert sounds alarming.
Do you have an ETA on when this will come to fruition?

I ask because the bride and me would prefer to be up at the lake house when your Armageddon occurs.
Having a solid date would help us plan.
I'm sure you understand our motivation.

Thanks, in advance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would not be surprised if the USA split up at some point and we build a wall to keep the left OUT!
Now that's another interesting post. (this thread has got some chops)

OK, good poster BluesLegend, regarding this "split".....this "Left" / "Right" division you suggest.
Well, how would you do it?
Would you do it by state? Each state has it's own manned border wall around it?
Or would you prefer you do it by region? ..... Say a multi-state Heartland, for example those states with a Big 10 university has a wall (or fence) around it ?
And a multi-state region where Ivy League schools are now located?

Or would you suggest a division on how a particular state voted in the last election? Say, West Virginia has a wall around it; and Vermont another separate wall?

Or, to make it Trumpy....would you have your division based on how the states polled on Don Trump?
Would you go for the highest "approval" rating as the metric?
Or would you prefer the lowest "disapproval" rating?

Interesting stuff, poster BluesLegend.
Interested to see how you flesh out your suggestion.

Thanx in advance.

Forum List

Back