Academy Awards Are a Farce

If anyone could do it, they wouldn’t be paid tens of millions of dollars to act
They put fannies in the seats and get paid to do it
Ye$ they would. Anyone can do it. And if they weren't doing it, somebody else (anyone) would.

If you notice it's rarely the genuinely talented who ever win. Harry Dean Stanton was an excellent actor, yet the Oscars have gone to 'Personalities' far more so than great actors.

If anyone could do it, they wouldn’t be paid tens of millions of dollars to act
They put fannies in the seats and get paid to do it
Ye$ they would. Anyone can do it. And if they weren't doing it, somebody else (anyone) would.

If you notice it's rarely the genuinely talented who ever win. Harry Dean Stanton was an excellent actor, yet the Oscars have gone to 'Personalities' far more so than great actors.
Harry Dean Stanton was a character actor who had a long and storied career. Not many of his roles were Oscar worthy
The Oscars frequently nominate little known actors in relatively unknown films

Like I say, this rant about the worthlessness of the craft of acting is just political garbage, "Hollywood" being one of the targets du jour of the right-wing hit factory. Acting takes much preparation and skill to do properly, as well as some understanding of human psychology, which it seems that right-wingers totally lack in any form. In just about any discussion of any topic, they seem to be devoid of any understanding of human emotions and thoughts, except, perhaps for anger and the desire for revenge.
Is there a doctor in the house ?
geez.gif
geez.gif
geez.gif

LMAO!! I guess anyone can be a writer too? Quite an ego to insist that it remains unsold because "you have to know somebody". Maybe there is a simpler explanation. While you have said that people you told about it said they have never heard a story like it (not sure how much praise that is), there is a huge difference between having a unique story idea and creating a well written script.

"a simpler explanation." >> It is difficult to get a script seen by a movie production company. It's even difficult to get it seen by an agent (or even get their attention). Must be a lot of competition out there.

Anyone can be a writer. Got imagination ? Start writing. Don't be afraid.

Some of us don't give a shit whether they are spoiled brats. Some of us want the performance and nothing more. I was complimentary of YOUR performance, and I think you are a bitter, pompous ass. Your art is not you.
You "think" ? Or you CHOOSE to think ? I think you choose. That's OK. If you choose to come in here and waste time/energy, no law against it.

I'll offer some advice, though. Don't let your emotions get the better of you. It tends to show up with some clarity. :chillpill: :chillpill:

My art is me...and not just musical instruments. I also draw, paint, and write poetry. Never been too good at putting my poems and music together to make songs though.

As for whether they are spoiled brats, some of us do give a shit.

Attachments

• chillpill[1].gif
    chillpill[1].gif
    380 bytes · Views: 28
  • upload_2018-3-12_17-58-59.png
    upload_2018-3-12_17-58-59.png
    277 bytes · Views: 22
Some of us don't give a shit whether they are spoiled brats. Some of us want the performance and nothing more. I was complimentary of YOUR performance, and I think you are a bitter, pompous ass. Your art is not you.
You "think" ? Or you CHOOSE to think ? I think you choose. That's OK. If you choose to come in here and waste time/energy, no law against it.

I'll offer some advice, though. Don't let your emotions get the better of you. It tends to show up with some clarity. :chillpill: :chillpill:

My art is me...and not just musical instruments. I also draw, paint, and write poetry. Never been too good at putting my poems and music together to make songs though.

As for whether they are spoiled brats, some of us do give a shit.

I think. Yes. You might try it sometime. No, I do not choose to think a certain way. I think.

As for my emotions getting in the way, that is laughable coming from someone who claims to have called the police because someone called them a dumbass. That is about as emotional a response as I have seen. It only got funnier when you insisted that hundreds of people have gone to prison it.

I am sure you will CHOOSE to ignore this last bit. I would too if I had been so emotional and lied to continue the farce.

Hollywood is on the rightwing hitlist.......overpaid, no talent, anyone can do it
Right after their disdain for journalists, scientists, historians, athletes
Depends on who the journalists, scientists, historians, athletes are, and what they're saying and/or doing.

Actually, most of the disdain for Hollywood actors comes from them shooting their mouths off (often with little brainpower). They ask for disdain, ....they get it.

LMAO!! I guess anyone can be a writer too? Quite an ego to insist that it remains unsold because "you have to know somebody". Maybe there is a simpler explanation. While you have said that people you told about it said they have never heard a story like it (not sure how much praise that is), there is a huge difference between having a unique story idea and creating a well written script.

"a simpler explanation." >> It is difficult to get a script seen by a movie production company. It's even difficult to get it seen by an agent (or even get their attention). Must be a lot of competition out there.

Anyone can be a writer. Got imagination ? Start writing. Don't be afraid.

I am not afraid. I am a published writer.

Weeks? Duh. But that is not about talent or ability. That is about not being willing to put in the time to learn and to practice.
Not being willing to put in the time (and ENERGY) to learn and to practice, is why they CAN'T do it, as I said >> Not anyone can play a piece of baroque music.

And says a long list of actors. And so says fans of the theater and film. In fact, you are the first person I have seen who says anyone can do what great actors have done.
Millions of people have agreed with me, including some in this thread. Have you been reading it ?

I think. Yes. You might try it sometime. No, I do not choose to think a certain way. I think.

As for my emotions getting in the way, that is laughable coming from someone who claims to have called the police because someone called them a dumbass. That is about as emotional a response as I have seen. It only got funnier when you insisted that hundreds of people have gone to prison it.

I am sure you will CHOOSE to ignore this last bit. I would too if I had been so emotional and lied to continue the farce.
So you're saying then that the Florida legislators who wrote the law (statute 825.102) were overemotional, and you laugh at them. As for hundreds of people going to prison from this law, yes they have.

And isn't it discreet of me to not call YOU a "dumbass", when you refer to me a as a liar. I guess I don't see scolding you, as too necessary a thing. You punish yourself. But you do as you CHOOSE. :dig:

Bob Dylan didn't win a Grammy until 1973 (12 years after numerous albums and many, great poetic songs produced)

Weeks? Duh. But that is not about talent or ability. That is about not being willing to put in the time to learn and to practice.
Not being willing to put in the time (and ENERGY) to learn and to practice, is why they CAN'T do it, as I said >> Not anyone can play a piece of baroque music.

And my response was meant to point out that the reason is more often that they choose not to devote the time to learning to play.

And says a long list of actors. And so says fans of the theater and film. In fact, you are the first person I have seen who says anyone can do what great actors have done.
Millions of people have agreed with me, including some in this thread. Have you been reading it ?

And millions of people are wrong. I do not think the amount of money made is proof of skill & talent, but if anyone could do it don't you think more would have? The last time I saw the numbers for Equity Actors Union, it was running between 95% and 97% unemployment.

And my response was meant to point out that the reason is more often that they choose not to devote the time to learning to play.
I've met many people who gave up on the guitar. Most found learning it to be too much work, and too difficult to do -it's actually a cinch compared to the violin (or any of the bowed instruments)

So you're saying then that the Florida legislators who wrote the law (statute 825.102) were overemotional, and you laugh at them. As for hundreds of people going to prison from this law, yes they have.

And isn't it discreet of me to not call YOU a "dumbass", when you refer to me a as a liar. I guess I don't see scolding you, as too necessary a thing. You punish yourself. But you do as you CHOOSE. :dig:

And yet, you cannot show any links to cases where people (hundreds, remember?) were sent to prison for calling someone a dumbass (or something similar).

Name calling does not constitute neglect or abuse.

Forum List

Back