….or, ‘Not every victory is worth American lives.’
1.It is reasonable to compare the Democrat Party’s strategy in unseating Trump to Churchill’s allowing the Nazis to bomb an English city.
“On the night of 14 November 1940, three hundred German bombers dropped 500 tons of explosives, 33,000 incendiary bombs and dozens of parachute mines on the industrial city of Coventry. During the raid, 507 civilians were killed and 420 seriously injured. A play at the Belgrade Theatre in Coventry, One Night In November, repeated the frequently made claim that Winston Churchill knew of the attack several days in advance, but that he held back the information to protect the most important secret of the war: the breaking of the German Enigma code at Bletchley Park. In the words of the press publicity…” Coventry: What Really Happened - The International Churchill Society
Whether or not that was what Churchill decided to do, it is arguable that it was a way to defeat the scourge of Hitler. That may be worth those lives.
But…the Leftist Party of America was more than willing to shut down America’s economy, encourage riots in the streets, and command lock-down, school closings, and mandatory masks, none which solved the problem of the Chinese virus, to attain victory in November… when all that was at stake was a political victory at the polls.
2. I have posited that, as Trump's greatest asset in the campaign has been his miraculous economy, after Hussein 'masterminded' the slowest recovery in history, and the answer to this by the party of evil is to organize a nationwide shutdown of the economy through lock-downs, riots, and closing schools to keep parents from going back to work.
Time will tell if it worked. But, when viewing all options for the Democrats, fighting for political victories happens ever few years; the lives lost by their machinations can never be recouped.
3. “Lockdowns are typically portrayed as prudent precautions against Covid-19, but they are surely the most risky experiment ever conducted on the public. From the start, researchers have warned that lockdowns could prove far deadlier than the coronavirus. People who lose their jobs or businesses are more prone to fatal drug overdoses and suicide, and evidence already exists that many more will die from cancer, heart disease, pneumonia, and tuberculosis and other diseases because the lockdown prevented their ailments from being diagnosed early and treated properly.Yet politicians and public-health officials conducting this unprecedented experiment have paid little attention to these risks.
…since that danger passed, the lockdown enforcers have found one reason after another to persevere with closures, bans, quarantines, curfews, and other mandates. Anthony Fauci, the White House advisor, recently said that even if a vaccine arrives soon, he does not expect a return to normality before late next year.”
A Failed Experiment | City Journal
How many American lives is a political victory worth?
1. There is one problem with your supposition. Republican governors such as Mike DeWine also took strong measures including canceling Presidential primaries. Larry Hogan in Maryland also took strong measures. 33 states currently have mask mandates. That includes Republican states such as Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. It is not about destroying the economy, it is about slowing the spread of the coronavirus.
2. The economy was as slow under Trump as it was under Obama. Trump's GDP growth was no better. However that was not his only path to victory. Governors who took strong action to protect their citizens against the coronavirus are enjoying high approvals despite high unemployment figures in their states. That includes DeWine in Ohio and Whitmer in Michigan. If Trump had handled the coronavirus he might be well on his way to winning re-election even with a bad economy.
3. Lockdowns are the best way to try and keep the virus from spreading and should not be dismissed if cases start skyrocketing again.
Those mandates are a attempt to keep people safe.
Bottom line is that you are a right wing cuckoo. Voters are rejecting your advice and they will do so officially on November 3.
Let's cut to the chase.
I've proven in this thread that the shut-down, the masks, the hand-wringing, the demand that every death be called Covid, and, in the next post, that nearly no one dies from it.
Is the shut-down of the economy a Democrat conspiracy or not?
The only thing you have proven is that you are a nut. There are no conspiracies.