A through line is emerging from 1/6 hearings testimony

And Schumer told a crowd that SC justice’s Kavanaugh, and Gorsuch would “Reap the whirlwind“, and “You won’t know what hit you”…

Should he face charges?
that was said by Schumer TWO YEARS AGO, no violence occurred afterwards, and most importantly, he apologized within 24 hours, publicly.

There's another effect the Big Lie had that may have been prevented. Namely, the voter suppression laws passed largely in states controlled by Repubs designed to keep certain constituencies from casting their vote. They are among the most fundamentally anti-democratic measures taken in the US since the post reconstruction era.

My understanding is the staff needed more time to put together the video presentation. Not that it matters. The content of the hearings is what matters. So far it has exploded all the myths The Following (Trump's cult) are stupid enough to believe.
It has done no such thing. It merely reiterates the silly and dishonorable false claims of the Democrats. A partisan committee presenting its one-sided yet thoroughly slanted views as if it’s factual or credible.

Those who were inclined to buy the shit in the first place still buy it. Anyone who denies the Dem claims hasn’t had any evidence at all presented to make them reconsider. And anyone who was undecided haven’t been informed of anything which is likely to move the needle.

As Soviet style show trials fo, this one is particularly lame.

It has done no such thing. It merely reiterates the silly and dishonorable false claims of the Democrats. A partisan committee presenting its one-sided yet thoroughly slanted views as if it’s factual or credible.

Those who were inclined to buy the shit in the first place still buy it. Anyone who denies the Dem claims hasn’t had any evidence at all presented to make them reconsider. And anyone who was undecided haven’t been informed of anything which is likely to move the needle.

As Soviet style show trials fo, this one is particularly lame.
don't forget, it's one side, with the two Republican exceptions, because McCarthy CHOSE for the committee to be one sided by pulling out of it altogether, including the three repubs that he picked, that were accepted. And McCarthy CHOSE not to replace the two poison pills that had conflicts of interest that were denied.

McCarthy also CHOSE to pull out of the bipartisan, 9/11 Commision type investigation outside of Congress critters, and lobbied against it, after he had initially argued for it, and negotiated it....getting ALL that he requested....equal representation of repubs vs dems, and equal subpoena power, but he flip flopped after visiting Trump at Mara Lago, and as partisans is labeled as his "kiss the ring" out of body experience.

So, this was PLANNED....the absence of Republicans so he could later pull Trumper humpers along, like clockwork, all claiming the investigation was unfair, a witchhunt, a hoax, one sided or partisan blah blah blah blah blah.....the usual Trump modus operandi....that y'all fall for, every time! :rolleyes-41:

don't forget, it's one side, with the two Republican exceptions, because McCarthy CHOSE for the committee to be one sided by pulling out of it altogether, including the three repubs that he picked, that were accepted. And McCarthy CHOSE not to replace the two poison pills that had conflicts of interest that were denied.

McCarthy also CHOSE to pull out of the bipartisan, 9/11 Commision type investigation outside of Congress critters, and lobbied against it, after he had initially argued for it, and negotiated it....getting ALL that he requested....equal representation of repubs vs dems, and equal subpoena power, but he flip flopped after visiting Trump at Mara Lago, and as partisans is labeled as his "kiss the ring" out of body experience.

So, this was PLANNED....the absence of Republicans so he could later pull Trumper humpers along, like clockwork, all claiming the investigation was unfair, a witchhunt, a hoax, one sided or partisan blah blah blah blah blah.....the usual Trump modus operandi....that y'all fall for, every time! :rolleyes-41:
Don’t forget, it was smart not to pretend that the committee was ever going to be anything but the clown show it is. And the two Republican members are Pelosi-selected anti-Trumpers. I am glad the GOP otherwise refused to give any hint of legitimacy to this nonsense.

Yiu really shouldn’t signify it by pretending that they are “investigating” anything. They clearly aren’t. And we all already know the conclusion. It was written in stone before the enabling legislation was even prepared. And nobody on the committee and no liberal Democrats care that the committee is just an obvious fraud.

Don’t forget, it was smart not to pretend that the committee was ever going to be anything but the clown show it is. And the two Republican members are Pelosi-selected anti-Trumpers. I am glad the GOP otherwise refused to give any hint of legitimacy to this nonsense.

Yiu really shouldn’t signify it by pretending that they are “investigating” anything. They clearly aren’t. And we all already know the conclusion. It was written in stone before the enabling legislation was even prepared. And nobody on the committee and no liberal Democrats care that the committee is just an obvious fraud.
they CLEARLy have investigated, and are presenting the evidence and sworn testimony....

life doesn't work the way you and McCarthy would like....

there would never be any legitimate investigations in Congress if the Minority Leader could just refuse to participate in any committee investigation in order to sabotage it, then later claim it's partisan and not valid because you have no people on it, so to get away with bloody murder, figuratively speaking.

they CLEARLy have investigated, and are presenting the evidence and sworn testimony....

life doesn't work the way you and McCarthy would like....

there would never be any legitimate investigations in Congress if the Minority Leader could just refuse to participate in any committee investigation in order to sabotage it, and then later claim it's partisan and not valid because you have no people in it, so to get away with bloody murder, figuratively speaking.
Nonsense. Nothing “clear” about it and in fact, it ain’t true.

Since the left has taught us all that the Dims don’t honor their commitments and that their words aren’t real, we On the right absolutely should stop playing along with them on these charades. I’m happy that McCarthy basically told Pelosi to suck it.

Don’t forget, we saw the way the miscreants handles the impeachment “inquiries.” I support the GOP decision to call bullshit on them for this latest version of their “forever impeachment” shit show. We also saw the way the handles their “”Russia Russia Russia” canard. They aren’t to be trusted and it makes no sense to lend them any shred of credibility.

that was said by Schumer TWO YEARS AGO, no violence occurred afterwards, and most importantly, he apologized within 24 hours, publicly.
Who cares? Trump hasn’t been President for 18 months and you people can’t let him be….I swear, you need Trump…

My understanding is the staff needed more time to put together the video presentation. Not that it matters. The content of the hearings is what matters. So far it has exploded all the myths The Following (Trump's cult) are stupid enough to believe.
If only half of the facts(?) are being presented, how do you know what's a myth and what's not a myth?

I mean, remember when the Steele Dossier was fact??????? :laughing0301:

Did he say attack the Justice?

Whirlwind is very vague and can mean a lot of possible outcomes that don’t mean violence

Schumer was telling the court there would be public outcry over their decision
And there was
Just which orifice did you pull that one out of, RW?
It was the context in which it was used, that was the problem.

Just which orifice did you pull that one out of, RW?
It was the context in which it was used, that was the problem.
You are just making shit up

Schumer warned of a backlash if the court overturned Roe
He was right

You are just making shit up

Schumer warned of a backlash if the court overturned Roe
He was right
This was two years ago, that Schumer said such, and he publicly apologized, and nothing happened to the two justices.

March 5, 2020
Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) apologized on Thursday for his impassioned comments about two Supreme Court justices, saying he "should not have used the words."
Schumer derided Trump-appointed Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh on Wednesday as the Supreme Court heard arguments on a Louisiana law restricting abortion rights, saying they "will pay the price" if they side with the court's conservatives on this case. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions," he added.
Speaking on the Senate floor, Schumer said his words "didn't come out the way I intended to."
"My point was that there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman's right to choose," he said. He added: "I'm from Brooklyn. We speak in strong language."

Nonsense. Nothing “clear” about it and in fact, it ain’t true.

Since the left has taught us all that the Dims don’t honor their commitments and that their words aren’t real, we On the right absolutely should stop playing along with them on these charades. I’m happy that McCarthy basically told Pelosi to suck it.

Don’t forget, we saw the way the miscreants handles the impeachment “inquiries.” I support the GOP decision to call bullshit on them for this latest version of their “forever impeachment” shit show. We also saw the way the handles their “”Russia Russia Russia” canard. They aren’t to be trusted and it makes no sense to lend them any shred of credibility.
You're playing a fool and a tool, quite well! He has you, where he wants you, and he knew he could get you to go along with the false claim of unfairness, if he didn't allow any of his picks, to stay on the committee.

you might live in this la la land of love, but politics is dirty....and McCarthy purposely played dirty politics with both of these investigations that we the people, deserved to have...

You're playing a fool and a tool, quite well! He has you, where he wants you, and he knew he could get you to go along with the false claim of unfairness, if he didn't allow any of his picks, to stay on the committee.

you might live in this la la land of love, but politics is dirty....and McCarthy purposely played dirty politics with both of these investigations that we the people, deserved to have...
Oh. Well that ^ shit was certainly unpersuasive and beneath you. Comical and sappy, yet quite insipid.

Bottom line, the festering shithead Democrap Parody is putting on a bogus little circus show. I suspect even you know it. The difference is, you like it.

Oh. Well that ^ shit was certainly unpersuasive and beneath you. Comical and sappy, yet quite insipid.

Bottom line, the festering shithead Democrap Parody is putting on a bogus little circus show. I suspect even you know it. The difference is, you like it.
Yeah, it was....:(

I was not happy about the hearings...there was lots of concern on my part on how Cheney didn't mince words and her disgust for the man who lied to all these Americans and played on their love for country, to get them all frenzied up, and attacking our very nation, capitol and constitution, really pissed her off... and let's just say, she wore her emotions on her coat sleeve, when I would have liked to have seen a gentler approach....

That being said, the evidence and testimony presented in the hearings has been very informative, and has filled in the missing gaps, on the facts of what happened leading up to, and on, that terrible day in history.

It's worth watching, not for the narrative put on by the committee, but for the actual facts and testimony presented.

Forum List

Back