A report card on the Biden administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fifty plus years of following politics I have never seen something so strange!

A major party is being led by a loser, a prolific liar who has lost sight of reality, and an insurrectionist against his own government.

On Donald Trump's watch, the Republican Party lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency within two years time. He lost his reelection by seven million votes.

Nearly a year later Trump is still insisting that he won the election. President Trump pressured acting DOJ officials including acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen on December 27 to "Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen."

President Trump planned the Jan. 6 insurrection against his government well in advance. He all but circled Jan. 6 on the nation’s calendar. “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” President Trump tweeted on Dec. 19, just one of several of his tweets promoting the day. “Be there, will be wild!”

In a rousing speech on the day of his well planned insurrection, he encouraged an assault on our nation's capital. After reminded them again that the election was stolen from them, he told the angry crowd,
“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to show strength. You have to be strong.
When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore!”

Vladimir Putin, who helped Trump become President, was obviously pleased with Trump's assault on American democracy.

Strangest of all, as this thread attests, grassroots Republicans say nothing about all this. Of course, what can they say?

Despite all this, Republicans in leadership positions fully support Trump. That I don't get, and, because Republicans say little about their own party, we will never get an explanation of the strange, almost suicidal pact.

CNN reports, "Nine months after the attack on the US Capitol, Republicans in Congress are defending Donald Trump's role on January 6 in some of their strongest terms yet -- and signaling he'd have widespread backing from the party if he ran for president again in 2024.

Republicans from across the conference -- including some who are vulnerable in next year's midterms or have long been seen as part of the establishment wing of the party -- are expressing little to no reservations about the prospect of Trump topping the ticket again, even as he continues to spread the same election lies that led a mob to storm their place of work, CNN.

CNN continued, "But as time elapses since January 6 and Trump makes a return to campaign-style rallies, a large swath of the House GOP conference is publicly rallying around the defeated former President while downplaying the deadly Capitol riot -- a huge boon for Trump as he weighs his political future. If the GOP had any lingering doubts about Trump being the face of their party, they have completely evaporated from public view."

Can someone explain it to me.

I'm not holding my breath.
CNN is the biggest gaggle of Liars and Leftists in modern memory.
There is not an hour that goes by they don't all Lie worse than thieves.
On par with MSNBC,of course.

Trump was still addressing that crowd when the supposed " Insurrection "
was gearing up.He was still on stage and talked for an hour and 15 minutes.
His intent was to remind those who attended { a massive crowd stretching from
Ellipse to the Washington Monument } about what We the people had undergone
in the last year { A summer of Love } of anything but love.
Wow, someone actually trying to defend Trump. It is a bunch of make believe and ignores what actually was said and the consequences, but I must give credit where it is due. The guy tried.

Readers, this is an extremely rare event.

Trump always tried to have it both ways. He often contradicted himself in the same paragraph, even the same sentence. He thought this was smart.

Hence the peaceful words and the violent rhetoric mentioned in the report above.

The poster seems to think it is significant that the attack on our capital began before Trump finished his speech. That's ridiculous. Trump planned this insurrection well in advance as was shown in the report.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the attempt, but my friend was attempting the impossible.

Wow, someone actually trying to defend Trump. It is a bunch of make believe and ignores what actually was said and the consequences, but I must give credit where it is due. The guy tried.

Readers, this is an extremely rare event.

Trump always tried to have it both ways. He often contradicted himself in the same paragraph, even the same sentence. He thought this was smart.

Hence the peaceful words and the violent rhetoric mentioned in the report above.

The poster seems to think it is significant that the attack on our capital began before Trump finished his speech. That's ridiculous. Trump planned this insurrection well in advance as was shown in the report.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the attempt, but my friend was attempting the impossible.
The Insurrection hysteria is the same load of pap as the must wear mask outdoors
hysteria.Nothing YOU write in defense of Leftists makes much sense.
The country is now visibly at it's wits' end.By the Biggest Lie of a Potus
in American History.That's he's a Uniter.
To prove what a virtual programmed liar you are,then explain { just try Lying }
How There was never one lick of Violence at any Trump Rally.And I'm talkin'
sell out venues.Overflow capacity.Happy and Proud Americans.
Most of which are hard-working,Tax-paying Patriots.Not the gutter scum the
Democrats support and fund and bail out.Which was visibly in the face of every
American during the Summer of Love.Whether watching TV or in person.
Not one Firearm was collected let alone shot on January 6th by anyone other than
the Capitol Cop who shot and killed { Murdered } Ashli Babbett w/o as much given
a warning { Halt or I'll shoot }.
8 months after January 6th where D.C. Judges and Congress did their best
to suppress almost all video Footage a judge finally allowed some to be released.
The Biden Justice Dept. was vehemently opposed to it being viewed.
What was seen was shockinlgy unshocking.The new video showed people
strolling around as if in a museum,some waving little hand-held flags as law
enforcement mingled with them.
Again No Forearms were collected.No shots fired except to kill Ashli Babbett.
The comprised list of weapons charges are also cartoonish.
Like a crossbow,an assualt rifle and 11 malatov cocktails.
ALL Found in the car of One man.An Atlanta man.How convenient.
Tell us there were no FBI Undercover provacateurs present.
Go ahead tell more lies.Like the Lies as far as the Plot to Kidnap
Governor Whitmer.Inspired and choreographed by Undercover FBI personal.
I could go on.But why bother.The Truth is the last thing that impresses
those like you.
The left does not Value Truth.

In fifty plus years of following politics I have never seen something so strange!
This is mind boggling!

Trump is a loser. On his watch, the Republican Party lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency within two years time. He lost his reelection by seven million votes.

For the past year Trump has been living a lie, and he has been forcing the Republican leadership to accept that lie. They do so because grassroots Republicans consider Trump their hero.

The Republican Party gets its support from the rural counties of America. For the most part they are farmers, ranchers and rural shopkeepers with limited education. Their awareness of political matters is highly limited. All they know is, Trump is their savior without ever knowing what Trump is doing and saying. This thread illustrates that fact.

Now this. Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee for President in 2024. He is the leader of the Republican Party. Please, don't ask me why. Yesterday, Trump issued this statement via his Save America PAC:

"If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do."

Yesterday, Trump issued this statement via his Save America PAC:

"If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do."
Is Trump mentally ill?

Here is a point of view from Chris Cillizza.

"Donald Trump is, ostensibly, a Republican. But he has shown time and again -- both in the White House and now out of it -- that he cares little about helping the party and its other candidates.

"One would be hard-pressed to make a more counterproductive statement to Republican efforts to win back the House and Senate majorities they lost during the Trump years.

"What Trump is saying, quite simply, is that unless and until he is restored as president -- due to (nonexistent) voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election -- Republican voters should withhold their votes in the 2022 midterms (and the 2024 presidential election).

"It's reminiscent of the "strategy" used by Trump's "legal" team during the Georgia Senate runoffs earlier this year.

"Sidney Powell urged "all Georgians to make it known that you will not vote at all until your vote is secure — and I mean that regardless of party." Lin Wood, meanwhile, told voters that "this is Georgia. We ain't dumb.

"We're not going to go vote on Jan. 5 on another machine made by China."

"Both Republican incumbents lost the runoffs and, in so doing, Democrats seized the Senate majority. Absolutely brilliant "strategery" there by Powell and Wood.

"Now, Trump is lending his voice to the "don't vote" crowd. And he's doing so at a decidedly bad time -- as Republicans quite clearly have the momentum nationally, fueled by President Joe Biden's dipping approval ratings.

"That national environment -- coupled with historical data that suggests Republicans are primed to make pickups next November -- have GOPers more optimistic than at any time since Trump's loss in 2020.

"Enter Trump -- who seems hellbent on slowing (or stopping) that momentum as he pursues his own personal vendettas and agenda."

Go figure. Like I said, it's mind boggling.

Will we hear from Republicans about all this?

Hell, no.

This is mind boggling!

Trump is a loser. On his watch, the Republican Party lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency within two years time. He lost his reelection by seven million votes.

For the past year Trump has been living a lie, and he has been forcing the Republican leadership to accept that lie. They do so because grassroots Republicans consider Trump their hero.

The Republican Party gets its support from the rural counties of America. For the most part they are farmers, ranchers and rural shopkeepers with limited education. Their awareness of political matters is highly limited. All they know is, Trump is their savior without ever knowing what Trump is doing and saying. This thread illustrates that fact.

Now this. Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee for President in 2024. He is the leader of the Republican Party. Please, don't ask me why. Yesterday, Trump issued this statement via his Save America PAC:

We are very close to explaining just how Biden won in 2020.
That Trump wins Florida,Ohio and Texas early and decidedly.He was up
in Pennsylvania by hundreds of thousands { 600.00 + } when the call was made
to halt counting.I can see that Maybe taking place in one state.BUT Never
Multiple states.So there was coordination to manipulate ballots that were
mailed-in.In Wayne County,Michigan the cheating was unbelievable.
Whitmer said it was her mistake that Military ballots being counted were
crumbling in the voting machines.And had to be replaced with duplicates
and hand counted by sight as to who was chosen for President.Because the ballots
send out to military were inferior.Wrong kind of paper used.
Plus in Wayne County just one bldg. was used for the counting of ballots.
And no Republican watchers were allowed to sit and watch for
verification.They had to watch from a distance.Same crap was pulled
in Philly.A Postal truck with a huge number of Ballots was late { very late }
and did not follow protocol as to where those bags of ballots should be
taken.Hundreds of Affidavits { signed } by people counting votes or
working at places where voting was managed.Due to very strange new
procedures used in handling ballots.
Big Blue state cities actually used massive secret money in order
to pay Election workers.Facebook Lizard Zuckerbergs forked over $ 417 Million
for what he said would go to making voting safe.For safe procedures.
After all was said and done it was scrutinized and found that less than 1 %
of that Zuckerburg moola went to making the vote safe.It went for new
Postal boxes in very select new places in highly democrat districts.
George Soros also added his massive 2 cents worth.But most of the money
used to micromanage election 2020 went undisclosed and hidden in
secret pacs used in the previous election.Where after 2018 pacs closed down
and then resurfaced with a different name but many of the same players.
Only more knowledgable as to how and feed the Democrat Cheat machine.
Just because Dominion Voting systems ran around sue crazy does not mean
they had a leg to stand on.It was more a Campaign to give them the appearance
of having integrity.Like why would they sue all kinds of people if they were the
guilty party.I dunno ... Why would Stacey Abrams and Joe Biden run around
and say crazy stuff like Georgia Election laws are Jim Crow.For basically
trying to maintain integrity by making sure Voter ID was used.
Or why Democrats are very belligerent about even asking if the 2020
election was on the up and up.Just Shut up because it was.
I need the name of one Black who had their vote suppressed in 2012 or
even 2018.Voter ID was a ruse.
Election 2020 was far worse than some Ruse.

Last edited:
Is Trump mentally ill?

Here is a point of view from Chris Cillizza.

"Donald Trump is, ostensibly, a Republican. But he has shown time and again -- both in the White House and now out of it -- that he cares little about helping the party and its other candidates.

"One would be hard-pressed to make a more counterproductive statement to Republican efforts to win back the House and Senate majorities they lost during the Trump years.

"What Trump is saying, quite simply, is that unless and until he is restored as president -- due to (nonexistent) voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election -- Republican voters should withhold their votes in the 2022 midterms (and the 2024 presidential election).

"It's reminiscent of the "strategy" used by Trump's "legal" team during the Georgia Senate runoffs earlier this year.

"Sidney Powell urged "all Georgians to make it known that you will not vote at all until your vote is secure — and I mean that regardless of party." Lin Wood, meanwhile, told voters that "this is Georgia. We ain't dumb.
"We're not going to go vote on Jan. 5 on another machine made by China."

"Both Republican incumbents lost the runoffs and, in so doing, Democrats seized the Senate majority. Absolutely brilliant "strategery" there by Powell and Wood.

"Now, Trump is lending his voice to the "don't vote" crowd. And he's doing so at a decidedly bad time -- as Republicans quite clearly have the momentum nationally, fueled by President Joe Biden's dipping approval ratings.

"That national environment -- coupled with historical data that suggests Republicans are primed to make pickups next November -- have GOPers more optimistic than at any time since Trump's loss in 2020.

"Enter Trump -- who seems hellbent on slowing (or stopping) that momentum as he pursues his own personal vendettas and agenda."

Go figure. Like I said, it's mind boggling.

Will we hear from Republicans about all this?

Hell, no.
Sidney Powell is not finished.She is not a quitter.She helped save Michael Flynn from the
further clutches of the Lying,Cheaing,Framing Party of Deep,State Stalinists.
It's good that liars,cheats and framers seem cocky safe.The Anthony Cuomo model.
The harder they'll fall.

Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee for President in 2024. He is the leader of the Republican Party. Please, don't ask me why. Yesterday, Trump issued this statement via his Save America PAC:

Is Trump mentally ill?
As expected, not a word from the forum's Republicans. They stay silent about what their party and what their party's leader is doing and saying.

Reuters reports, "Less than half of Americans approve of President Joe Biden’s performance in office, according to the latest Reuters/Ipsos poll.

"The national poll, conducted Oct. 13-14, found that 46% of U.S. adults approved of Biden’s performance in office, while 48% disapproved and the rest were not sure. Biden’s overall popularity has hovered under 50% since August. At the same point in Donald Trump’s presidency, about 35% of Americans approved of his performance in office, while 60% disapproved. The Reuters/Ipsos poll is conducted online in English throughout the United States. The latest poll gathered responses from 1,005 adults in total including 418 Democrats and 398 Republicans."

Why have Biden's numbers dropped so drastically? The answer is simple -- the lack of progress on the Biden agenda, the popular bipartisan infrastructure proposal and the not so popular $3.5 trillion reconciliation package.

House progressives want to spend $3.5 trillion and no one knows why. The bill hasn't been written. No one knows what will be in the bill. Is it any wonder why Democratic moderates and the American people dubious?

Biden has a winner ready to go. The infrastructure bill was passed in the Senate by a vote of 69 to 30. Not only is it popular with the American people, but it is even popular with Republicans.

So, why hasn't Biden -- and the American people -- chalked up this win?

House progressives will not allow it. Because it is so popular, the progressives are using the bill as extortion. They are holding up the bill to extort votes from the moderates on the yet to be written reconciliation bill. Democrats can't even agree on a price tag for the unwritten bill.

Is it any wonder why Biden's numbers are slipping. The progressives are compelling Americans to ask themselves, "Can the Democrats govern?"

Bottom line, Biden needs a win badly and the progressives in the House won't let him have it. Perhaps they don't like being in the majority. Maybe they want the Republicans to be making the decisions following the 2022 elections.

It's up to them.

House progressives want to spend $3.5 trillion and no one knows why. The bill hasn't been written. No one knows what will be in the bill. Is it any wonder why Democratic moderates and the American people dubious?
The media and House progressives enjoy blaming Senators Manchin and Sinema for the lack of progress.

Trust me on this one. There are significantly more moderate Democrats and a several million Americans who are leery about buying a 3.5 trillion dollar pig in a poke.

Hence the slipping numbers for Biden who gets blamed for all of this.

ABC News highlighted the difficulties facing the Biden administration. It is a critical time for the President.

ABC reports, "President Joe Biden is entering a crucial two weeks for his ambitious agenda, racing to conclude contentious congressional negotiations ahead of both domestic deadlines and a chance to showcase his administration’s accomplishments on a global stage.

"Biden and his fellow Democrats are struggling to bridge intraparty divides by month’s end to pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill and a larger social services package. The president hopes to nail down both before Air Force One lifts off for Europe on Oct. 28 for a pair of world leader summits, including the most ambitious climate change meeting in years."

Adding to our President's difficulties are the "looming Senate fights over the federal debt limit and government funding that could distract from getting the president’s agenda across the finish line."

There is a strong sense of urgency that a deal needs to be struck rapidly. The President spent the weekend engaging with lawmakers and planned to host both moderate and progressive Democratic lawmakers at the White House on Tuesday.

ABC continued, "For the White House, there are the explicit target dates, including an end-of-month deadline on transportation funding and Biden’s upcoming foreign trip. But there are also more abstract imperatives: proving Democrats can deliver on their promises to voters and protecting Biden’s waning political capital.

"With new urgency, the administration has sent signals to Capitol Hill in recent days that it is time to wrap up negotiations, that a deal needs to be reached."

Biden has a winner ready to go. The infrastructure bill was passed in the Senate by a vote of 69 to 30. Not only is it popular with the American people, but it is even popular with Republicans.

So, why hasn't Biden -- and the American people -- chalked up this win? House progressives will not allow it. Because it is so popular, the progressives are using the bill as extortion.
That said, things are looking up for our President.

NPR reports, "Progressive Democrats praised a Tuesday meeting with President Biden but acknowledged that key priorities, including climate, pre-K and the child tax credit, would likely be smaller in any agreement with moderates."

Rep. Pramila Jayapal is the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

"The president is the inspirer, he is the closer, he is the convincer, the mediator-in-chief. He really is doing a phenomenal job," Jayapal said.

She called the meeting "really good, really productive" and said she feels "optimistic" after it.

Unfortunately, Senator Joe Manchin is different story ... on Biden's climate plan, that is.

Politico reports, "After Manchin rejected a centerpiece of President Joe Biden’s climate plan and rebuffed a separate carbon tax Tuesday, Senate Democrats are urgently pressing their West Virginia colleague for an alternative."

Manchin is reluctant to embrace anything that could significantly disadvantage West Virginia’s gas and coal industry. Agreeing to Biden's climate package would be political suicide for the West Virginia Democrat.

On the other hand, NPR reports, "The clean electricity performance program, a $150 billion program that would reward utilities that transition to renewable energy and penalize those that don't, has been removed from the spending proposal and they are negotiating alternatives."

Hopefully, the Democrats get it together.

If they do, maybe Trump's Republicans won't get control of Congress after all in the 2022 election. If Biden becomes our hero via his ideas coming to fruition, maybe Trump won't become our President again after the election in 2024.

After all, to me, that is what this is all about. Neither the infrastructure package or human infrastructure package affects me in the least other than our country will be stronger with the former.

Any twice impeached idiot who lost Congress and the White house than stupidly tells members of his own party not to vote unless he has been redeemed, should not become our President.

Last edited:
Any twice impeached idiot who lost Congress and the White house than stupidly tells members of his own party not to vote unless he has been redeemed, should not become our President.
The forum's Republicans will not respond to that statement.

The Republican Party gets its support from the rural counties of America. For the most part they are farmers, ranchers and rural shopkeepers with limited education. Their awareness of political matters is highly limited. All they know is, Trump is their savior without ever knowing what Trump is doing and saying.

As a consequence, Republicans are incapable of dealing with today's issues. This thread illustrates that fact.

With respect to the 2022 mid-term elections, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has several problems.

CNN reports, "Mitch McConnell's entire being is -- and always has been -- focused on winning elections. Every move he makes and every thing he says is part of a broader effort to ensure that his side winds up with more seats -- and therefore more control -- than the other guys.

"And, on Tuesday, McConnell made clear that he believes former President Donald Trump's ongoing focus on the 2020 election is decidedly detrimental to the GOP's chances in the upcoming midterm elections."

Asked if he was comfortable with candidates embracing Trump, McConnell said this:

"I do think we need to be thinking about the future and not the past. I think the American people are focusing on this administration, what it's doing to the country, and it's my hope the '22 election will be a referendum on the performance of the current administration, not a rehash of suggestions about what may have happened in 2020."

CNN continued, "That's about as close as McConnell will get to outright refutation of Trump and the strategy, such as it is, that the former president is peddling -- a hard focus on trying to prove (nonexistent) voter fraud in the 2020 election.

"While Trump's continued attempts to re-litigate the 2020 election have been ongoing for months, that effort went to another level in the last week when Trump suggested that unless the last election was overturned, future elections would be pointless."

"If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24," Trump said in a statement via his Save America PAC. "It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do."

"Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24!"

Imagine that. The leader of the Republican Party said that.

Yeah, McConnell has some problems.

With respect to the 2022 mid-term elections, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has several problems.
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer officially announced that the full House will vote on Thursday on the contempt of Congress resolution for Steve Bannon after the Jan. 6 committee approved a contempt report this evening.

House Republicans are expected to vote no on the resolution.

Bannon is a private citizen, and Trump fired him from the White House staff three years ago.

Put a different way, the Republican Party officially will support a person who has violated a Congressional subpoena and federal law.

When it comes to the work of the Jan. 5 select committee, both Trump and Bannon are acting very guilty.

McConnell, indeed, has some very serious problems when it comes to the 2022 elections.

Things are looking up for our President.

NPR reports, "Progressive Democrats praised a Tuesday meeting with President Biden but acknowledged that key priorities, including climate, pre-K and the child tax credit, would likely be smaller in any agreement with moderates."
CNN reports, "Democrats aren't there yet on cracking a deal on a President Joe Biden's sweeping, if now scaled back, economic and climate package. But the over the course of the next 36 hours, those involved in these talks think it is possible to get at least one of the two Senate moderates to sign off on a final and detailed framework."

It's not a secret who that one senator is: Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat. It's not a secret who that one senator isn't: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema.

CNN continued, "The bottom line is that efforts to convince Manchin are and have been moving in the right direction for days now, with the senior senator engaged in a barrage of meetings around the clock on his outstanding concerns.

"One thing that has shifted significantly -- by design -- in the last 72 hours has been Biden's approach.

"Through dozens of meetings and calls over the course of the last several months, he served as equal parts listener and explainer, cheerleader and extoller of the virtues of the package and its potential effect on districts, states or -- most often -- the fate of the country.

"There was sounding out of where members stood and clear efforts at times to nudge them toward a specific direction."

So, the question has come down to this. Will Kyrsten Sinema single-handedly blow up Biden's entire domestic agenda?

CNN did its best to answer that question. "The calculation from most as they try to game that out is no. Sinema has made clear to the White House and to some colleagues that she wants to get to yes and will figure out a way to do so through her intensive talks with White House officials."

However, the fact remains that Sinema is standing in the way of the President's agenda.

"Sinema's position on taxes isn't new. The Arizona senator has quietly been digging in on her reluctance to increase the corporate tax rate and the individual rate for months. What has changed is the long-held belief that eventually Sinema would move off of that position and be amenable to some modest increases as talks intensified. She hasn't, and it has sparked deep concern within the Democratic ranks in recent days that it is quite possible Democrats will need to find entirely new avenues to pay for their bill," CNN.

House Republicans are expected to vote no on the resolution.

Bannon is a private citizen, and Trump fired him from the White House staff three years ago.

Put a different way, the Republican Party officially will support a person who has violated a Congressional subpoena and federal law.
Reuters reports, "Longtime Donald Trump ally Steve Bannon could face criminal prosecution for refusing to cooperate with a probe into the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol after the House of Representatives voted Thursday to hold him in contempt of Congress.

"The Democratic-led chamber voted 229 to 202, with nine Republicans joining Democrats to recommend the charges against Bannon, who served as chief strategist for the Republican former president.

"U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland will make the final decision on whether to prosecute."

How could Garland not prosecute?

Both Trump and Bannon urged and incited the right wing extremists to attack our capitol.

Bannon’s own public statements made clear he knew what was going to happen before it did. On his radio show on Jan. 5, Bannon promised “all hell is going to break loose tomorrow.”

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted on Dec. 19. “Be there, will be wild!”

Inciting the rioters in the audience before him, Trump said, “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."

“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Trump's mob injured 140 police officers. Five died as a consequence of the insurrection. Our capitol was invaded, and lawmakers had to flee for their lives. Strange how most Republicans have forgotten that.

I'll say it again. How could Garland not prosecute people who had a direct role in the attack?

As is their custom, the forum's Republicans will not address these issues. They only talk about Democrats.

When it comes to the Jan. 6 insurrection orchestrated by Donald Trump, Republicans either lie or say nothing. Due to their embarrassment, a large majority of Republicans are in the latter group, remaining silent about their party's leader. As Republican Representative Liz Cheney points out, Representative Jim Banks is the exception.

CNN reports, "GOP Rep. Jim Banks lamented on the House floor that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi prevented him from serving on the House committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US Capitol on Thursday.

"And yet, Banks sent a letter to at least one government agency falsely claiming that he is ranking member of the committee.

"According to a letter provided to CNN, Banks wrote to the Department of the Interior on September 16 asking to be provided with any information the department turns over to the House committee."

"I ask that you provide me any information that is submitted to the Select Committee. Additionally, please include me on any update or briefing that you provide," Banks wrote.

"Banks signed the letter as ranking member of the committee, while admitting that Pelosi blocked his appointment."

The letter reads: "The House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy appointed me to serve as the Ranking Member of the Select Committee. Yet, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to allow me to fulfill my duties as Ranking Member."

So, in addition to being an inept liar, Banks obviously is not very bright.

Other than being totally embarrassed by what Trump did, why do Republicans lie so much about the Jan. 6 insurrection? It's simple. Trump's followers, who they depend upon in the primaries, will believe them despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary.

The Republican Party gets its support from the rural counties of America. For the most part they are farmers, ranchers and rural shopkeepers with limited education. Their awareness of political matters is highly limited. All they know is, Trump is their savior without ever knowing why. Listening to responsible news sources is not their thing. They prefer the fantasies of Fox News and far right sources who are more interested in propaganda for the intelligence challenged in lieu of authentic news.

Trump lost all 60 court cases in which he claimed election fraud. His own A.G., Bill Barr, stated there was no election fraud. The Supreme Court deemed the claim of election fraud as fraudulent. All fifty states certified the election results after multiple audits. Despite all this:

A majority of Republicans still believe the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump, according to a Yahoo News/YouGov poll. The latest findings show how persistent this false narrative continues to be, despite the preponderance of evidence against it.
I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back