a poll...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Inspired by my almost-attendance at my high school reunion last night.

1) Do you actively seek out the people you were mean to back in the day?

1a) If you do, do you try to apologize for how you acted back in the day, or do you let bygones be bygones and not even mention it?

2) For some unknown reason, they opt to not have alcohol at your five year reunion. Someone spikes the punch. Is this cool?

2a) Are you the one who spikes the punch?

2b) Is it just as cool if this happens at your ten year reunion?

3) Say, by some remarkable circumstance, you are the only person out of your entire graduating class who has changed at all since high school. Do you spend most of your time with the same people you hung around with in high school, or do you seek out a different clique?

3a) If you opt to seek out different people, what clique would that be (keeping in mind that nobody has changed except you)?

4) You go into the bathroom and find a couple of your old high school buddies smoking a joint in one of the stalls. Do you join in? Do you not join in, but not care? Do you get upset? Do you tell on them?

4a) What if they were doing some harder stuff?

5) There was one guy or girl who treated you like absolute dogcrap all through high school. You get to the reunion and find he or she is a complete and pathetic loser. Are you happy that all their torment has finally paid off karmically, or do you feel bad for them?

6) Same guy or girl seems to be doing okay and tries to make amends and be cool with you. Do you let the past be the past or do you continue to hold a grudge?

7) They have some sort of weird lottery that you win. You can either win $1000 yourself or you and all of your ex-classmates get $100. Which would you go for?

8) For nostalgia, the DJ is playing songs that were popular when you graduated. Name three of these songs.

yes
1a) If you do, do you try to apologize for how you acted back in the day, or do you let bygones be bygones and not even mention it?
Curious to see how they are now
2) For some unknown reason, they opt to not have alcohol at your five year reunion. Someone spikes the punch. Is this cool?
no
no
no
3) Say, by some remarkable circumstance, you are the only person out of your entire graduating class who has changed at all since high school. Do you spend most of your time with the same people you hung around with in high school, or do you seek out a different clique?
Hang around my old friends to see how they are doing
3a) If you opt to seek out different people, what clique would that be (keeping in mind that nobody has changed except you)?
goths, to see how they are doing now
4) You go into the bathroom and find a couple of your old high school buddies smoking a joint in one of the stalls. Do you join in? Do you not join in, but not care? Do you get upset? Do you tell on them?
I'd tell them that they werent in high school anymore
same as above
5) There was one guy or girl who treated you like absolute dogcrap all through high school. You get to the reunion and find he or she is a complete and pathetic loser. Are you happy that all their torment has finally paid off karmically, or do you feel bad for them?
certain things I would feel bad for, I'd be happy to see that they got repayed though
6) Same guy or girl seems to be doing okay and tries to make amends and be cool with you. Do you let the past be the past or do you continue to hold a grudge?
I'd be coridal but still hold a grudge
7) They have some sort of weird lottery that you win. You can either win $1000 yourself or you and all of your ex-classmates get $100. Which would you go for?
Doesnt matter, I never win anything
8) For nostalgia, the DJ is playing songs that were popular when you graduated. Name three of these songs.

Dan said:

no, because I wasn't the mean one...at least not intentionally
The ones that were mean to me did, some of them. Other ones I talked to didn't say anything, but they did talk to me like nothing happened, which was better than ignoring me i guess.

No, but we had our reunion at a bar & grill, so alcohol was already present.

3) Say, by some remarkable circumstance, you are the only person out of your entire graduating class who has changed at all since high school. Do you spend most of your time with the same people you hung around with in high school, or do you seek out a different clique? Mostly the people that I hung around with, but I did start talking to people with whom I didn't hang around with, or that were say, in band with me or ones I hadn't seen since I moved after 9th grade.

3a) If you opt to seek out different people, what clique would that be (keeping in mind that nobody has changed except you)? see above answer

None of my friends did or do drugs, but if I saw them doing this I guess I would just say that I don't hang around with people who do that stuff, so they can forget about any further friendship.

Then yes, I would go as far as telling authorities.

5) There was one guy or girl who treated you like absolute dogcrap all through high school. You get to the reunion and find he or she is a complete and pathetic loser. Are you happy that all their torment has finally paid off karmically, or do you feel bad for them? I would kind of feel that Karma-satisfaction, but feel bad for them at the same time.

6) Same guy or girl seems to be doing okay and tries to make amends and be cool with you. Do you let the past be the past or do you continue to hold a grudge? I would be wary. If I couldn't trust them back then when they would be falsely nice (in a mocking way or as a setup for a joke yet to be played), then how can I trust them now? I would take them up on any of their offers for getting together, but I would make it so they would have to make the first move such as calling or setting the location. Then take it from there.

7) They have some sort of weird lottery that you win. You can either win $1000 yourself or you and all of your ex-classmates get $100. Which would you go for? Depends on who's at the reunion, meaning how many people I liked, vs how many I didn't. I am a pretty generous person, willing to share. I feel better when I give or share than when I have it all to myself, so i would likely share.

The ones I remember hearing were:

"Lullaby"
Shawn Mullins

"Livin' La Vida Loca"
Ricky Martin

"All Star"
Smash Mouth

"I Knew I Loved You"
Savage Garden

And because we were the Class of 99... "Party Like it's 1999" Prince.

i actually had fun at my reunion.

Absolutely.

I'd apologize briefly, then move on.

Not necessarily "cool" per se, but I wouldn't complain.

No, I'm a cheap bastard. If I have alcohol, I'm keeping it for myself.

Definitely not.

I think I would probably be more inclined to hang out with the weirdo/artist crowd than I was in high school.

Oops, see the first one. What dumbass made this poll, anyway?

I wouldn't join in, but I wouldn't care either. Pot's no more harmful than alcohol.

I'd certainly stop being their friends, but again, I'm not going to rat them out or anything.

I'm a petty bastard. I would be (and am) happy to see my tormentor down on his luck.

Again, I'm petty, so I hold grudges. Sorry, dude.

It depends on who is there. I'd probably go for the $1000 for me, though, when am I ever going to see these people again?

Geez, I was so far removed from what was popular at the time..... OK, here's the songs I remember being played ad nauseum at all parties:

Nelly "Ride With Me"
Uncle Kracker "Follow Me"
Eminem "Stan"

Forum List

Back