A Letter to The President

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
(I helped a fellow veteran write this letter today. Hopefully, he'll get justice.)

[/QUDear President Obama,

I'm requesting you restore my civil rights. I'm a 100% disabled veteran. In 1982 I was convicted of writing two bad checks totalling a little over $150 in Panama City Fl. I was placed on probation and moved to Alabama. I then moved to Georgia and was told my probation was successfully completed.

Yet ten years later, in 1995, I was arrested for violation of probation, sentenced to 60 days in jail, and my civil rights were taken by the State of Florida.

In 2009, then Gov. Crist had my name removed from the voting rolls in a purge.

I am unsuccessful in my attempts to get current Gov. Scott to act on my request to restore my civil rights.

Please help me in this matter. Thank you very much.OTE]

that is the worst letter written i've ever seen.

i hope, if the vet has legal recourse, he has someone else than you to help him. if not, he is completely screwed.

i hope, if the vet has legal recourse, he has someone else than you to help him. if not, he is completely screwed.

Fuck off "pissant".

Lol

When was the last time you volunteered to help vets?

Tell me does Niles have more hair or you?

Fuck off "pissant".

Lol

When was the last time you volunteered to help vets?

Tell me does Niles have more hair or you?

Niles is witty, educated, intelligent, works for a living - all the things certain rw's frown on.

I hope your friend gets heard as well. Maybe if he had stolen millions, the rw's would take up his cause but being a poor and disabled veteran just isn't worth much to the right.

(I helped a fellow veteran write this letter today. Hopefully, he'll get justice.)

[/QUDear President Obama,

I'm requesting you restore my civil rights. I'm a 100% disabled veteran. In 1982 I was convicted of writing two bad checks totalling a little over $150 in Panama City Fl. I was placed on probation and moved to Alabama. I then moved to Georgia and was told my probation was successfully completed.

Yet ten years later, in 1995, I was arrested for violation of probation, sentenced to 60 days in jail, and my civil rights were taken by the State of Florida.

In 2009, then Gov. Crist had my name removed from the voting rolls in a purge.

I am unsuccessful in my attempts to get current Gov. Scott to act on my request to restore my civil rights.

Please help me in this matter. Thank you very much.OTE]

He would have been better served if you had taken him to the VFW or American Legion, they have attorneys that will help Vets pro bono. They would know what legal issues to address specifically, instead of a general letter.

Forum List

Back