What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Governor's Approach to a Teacher Shortage

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maybe if we stop forcing teachers to pay union dues and start allowing Conservatives into government school classrooms?

1. I don't pay union dues. At least, not dues to the NEA or AFT. I voluntarily belong to a Christian Teacher's Union.

2. I'm a conservative public school teacher. Did something happen overnight? Did I get locked out the classroom I just prepared for the school year yesterday? huh

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A correctional officer isn't an unskilled job at all.

It takes a lot of skill to keep a yard peaceful and orderly, just like it does with a classroom.

I've read a lot of idiotic drivel on this forum but this really takes the cake

See if anyone here can discern the difference between, say, a cafeteria full of felons and 25 seven year olds.

Because this clown cannot.

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Reaction score
Stop trying to make old teaching models work (that's 'insanity').

Drop all unnecessary classes, like art, music, sports, etc.
Retrain those teachers in academics.
Increase class sizes.
Recruit top students to mentor others.
Remove disruptive students.

You're welcome. :)

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of idiotic drivel on this forum but this really takes the cake

See if anyone here can discern the difference between, say, a cafeteria full of felons and 25 seven year olds.

Because this clown cannot.

I was referring more to High School kids in the urban jungles of the America's failed Inner Cities.

Most of those kids are heading to the pen anyhow, so high school should be a preparatory phase for them to get into a correctional routine.

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was referring more to High School kids in the urban jungles of the America's failed Inner Cities.

Most of those kids are heading to the pen anyhow, so high school should be a preparatory phase for them to get into a correctional routine.
True. Some are heading for Penn State, others for the State Penn. :auiqs.jpg:

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Stop trying to make old teaching models work (that's 'insanity').

Drop all unnecessary classes, like art, music, sports, etc.
Retrain those teachers in academics.
Increase class sizes.
Recruit top students to mentor others.
Remove disruptive students.

Give out vouchers to all.

See how many parents WANT to send their students to schools where there is no art, no music, no sports.

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Reaction score

See how many parents WANT to send their students to schools where there is no art, no music, no sports.

We might be past trying to fulfill the 'wants' of either parents or teachers. :(

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Reaction score
The educational system, like America in general, is a victim of its own success.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Where are your stats? :linky:

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score

How would you know?

Woodznutz

Gold Member
Reaction score

Lots of parents don't really care. They have more pressing problems. As a teacher you must know this. Educators should abandon the traditional ideals and accept the grim realities. :omg:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List