a few questions for all the folks in here who support a gov't-mandated minimum wage..

Get a second job! Great idea!

What's wrong with a second job? My father did it, my FIL did it, I've done it.

Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh do it.

One full time job should provide for a person and his or her offspring. Labor drives the economy. Respect it as such.

Not if that job is not in demand, or 99.99% of the populace could do it with little or no training, or it could be easily replaced by automation... if you work the lowest rungs at the lowest levels, it should not be meant that you only work 40 hours to 'provide for a family'... if you want a family beyond yourself, a SOLO place to live without roommates etc, luxuries like internet or car or games or fashion, and you got to work 2 or 3 jobs because you don't advance yourself beyond minimum wage, SO BE IT

Buddy, what color is the sky in your world? The closest Walmart to us is about 80% older people (60+), so is the hardware store...

I'm sorry, you are right. And they are for retired people to supplement their incomes.

And again Wal-mart pays higher than minimum wage. They just manage their staff by using mostly part time positions to control their expenses.

You do realize that Wal-Mart store managers earn between 140K-180K a year. I doubt they are using food stamps.
Maybe not, but some of their employees are using food stamps.

What do you call something where a few people at the top make a lot of money and everyone under them doesn't have enough money for food. Here, I'll spot you the first 3 letters: P-Y-R-... C'mon, you can do it.

And a lot of those employees could be replaced with scanners, automated order kiosks, and other technologies... they do not deserve higher wages when they can be replaced with a mentally challenged person with a hand scanner

Why don't record corporate profits trickle down?

Because this is a free society and you don't get to dictate what is done with them... because the economy is shit and reinvestment or outrageous spending in a high tax era is stupid... because you ain't owed an amount because someone earned more.. and because fuck you, that's why

The business journal Bloomberg Businessweek points out that the country of Denmark has a minimum pay rate of the equivalent of about $20 an hour, but its business climate is sufficiently healthy for the World Bank to rank it as the easiest place in Europe to do business in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Denmark is also "among the leading countries in income equality and national happiness." Denmark also had a lower unemployment rate (6.8%) and higher labor participation rate (64.4%) than the United States (7.4%, 63.6% as of September 2013) where the minimum wage is far lower ($7.25).

Minimum wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The business journal Bloomberg Businessweek points out that the country of Denmark has a minimum pay rate of the equivalent of about $20 an hour, but its business climate is sufficiently healthy for the World Bank to rank it as the easiest place in Europe to do business in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Denmark is also "among the leading countries in income equality and national happiness." Denmark also had a lower unemployment rate (6.8%) and higher labor participation rate (64.4%) than the United States (7.4%, 63.6% as of September 2013) where the minimum wage is far lower ($7.25).

Minimum wage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're always yearning for the scandinavian countries. You should just move over there. But they only pay 20 bucks an hour for your type job so you could never go for that.......

Forum List

Back