8 years under Bush and his WORST disaster was?

Historians have rated Bush as America's fifth worst president.

So much for historians.

With his Supreme Court appointees he assured we will have the worst government possible.

His mishandling of Afghanistan and brain dead invasion and post invasion management of Iraq
set the Mid East on fire and may possibly lead to our ultimate decline.

Because of legislation signed during his administration we are losing the US Postal Service and increasing poverty.

I don't know who the other 4 worst presidents the historians picked. But it's hard to see who's worse than Bush.

Here's a hint. You dont have to look far...

The presidents have been rated by historians since 1948 with the Schlesinger poll. The latest is the Siena College poll. There are a number of polls and ratings, some asking conservatives to rate the presidents and so forth. In the Siena poll conducted in 2010 they asked the historians to rate on twenty presidential characteristics, one being the economy; in that category Bush was rated next to last, Hoover grabbing last place.

The presidents have been rated by historians since 1948 with the Schlesinger poll. The latest is the Siena College poll. There are a number of polls and ratings, some asking conservatives to rate the presidents and so forth. In the Siena poll conducted in 2010 they asked the historians to rate on twenty presidential characteristics, one being the economy; in that category Bush was rated next to last, Hoover grabbing last place.

That sounds reasonable. But if one looks beyond the economy and looks at how W's administration made changes that endanger our national security and allows big money to leverage undue influence in our elections Bush comes in last.

As for the economy, Bush also inherited problems that the Clinton administration signed into law.

In fact I would name Clinton as the worst Democrat in the last 100 years for working people.

Some might think it was the deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts or the deregulation that destroyed the world economy.

Others might think it was the people dying after Katrina (good job Brownie).

Some might think it was the terrible invasion if Iraq.

Some think it's who he appointed to the Supreme Court.

One person told me it was allowing North Korea to acquire nuclear weapons.

Some think it was letting Bin Laden go.

Some think what he did to government scientists was terribly damaging to the country.

Some think the Christian College graduates Bush appointed to replace seasoned lawyers was very damaging.

The lies he told the country to trick America into attacking Iraq was very damaging to relations between the government and the American people.

But my personal worst fiasco was disbanding the Iraqi Military which led to the creation of Isis. But I don't know. There are so many and they are very close to the top.

Anyone else?

G.W. Bush destroyed the good relationship between Germany and the USA. Bush introduced the empty phrase "preemptive strike" as a reason for war. Bush created concentration camps like in Guantanamo. Bush introduced torture. And so on and so on . If I think about now - was Bush really a member of the western world?

Last edited:
... Saddam had inspectors in his country and he had no WMD's. Clearly, he already complied.

If I remember well then our german government sent in those days every tank what was able to measure lethal gas and other substances in the near of the Iraq. But if the WMDs would had not been weapons of mass dissapearance tell me please something else: What expected Bush if people from the government of the Iraq had flooded their own country with poisened gas?

Last edited:
IDK, their $3 TRILLION optional war, based on cooked-up intel, resulting in 4,500 American servicemen casualties :dunno:

Presidents don't work in a vacuum, they aren't Kings with absolute power, but his role in bringing about another Depression is his worst disaster. The long term consequences of that are tremendous and affect all facets of America, including foreign policy, general health of our citizens, future generations, etc. Of course, assorted 'globalists' and libertoons are avidly working to extend the Depression and make it even more of a disaster, so we will have to wait and see who outdoes G.W. and his fellow travelers the neo-liberals in the Democratic Party. Obama is in a race to outdo him, and will probably succeed.

No, Bush was near the bottom but not next to last. Anyway,what can you take away which rated Obama as 15th and Reagan 18th? I suggest as much as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, LOL.

Survey Ranks Obama 15th Best President Bush Among Worst - US News

No, Bush was near the bottom but not next to last. Anyway,what can you take away which rated Obama as 15th and Reagan 18th? I suggest as much as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize, LOL.

Survey Ranks Obama 15th Best President Bush Among Worst - US News

Funny you mention Reagan, because he had more disasters as well.

Most don't consider the fall of the Iron Curtain and the collapse of the USSR a disaster even here in a former workers paradise. I know that some do, but usually won't admit it.

Beirut, the Savings and Loans Crisis, Iran Contra, the rise of Islamic terrorism (partly funded by us)...

Most don't consider the fall of the Iron Curtain and the collapse of the USSR a disaster even here in a former workers paradise. I know that some do, but usually won't admit it.

Beirut, the Savings and Loans Crisis, Iran Contra, the rise of Islamic terrorism (partly funded by us)...
You'll get over it, trust me. The USSR was no great shakes anyway.

The reagan administration had the most felony convictions of any presidency in USA history. Your turn. How many felonies convictions under Obama's administration?

The reagan administration had the most felony convictions of any presidency in USA history. Your turn. How many felonies convictions under Obama's administration?

When you have the media,IRS and the Justice department in your pocket....

These were actual felony convictions while the sitting president was a republican, well before Clinton got in. Nice try though.

I
These were actual felony convictions while the sitting president was a republican, well before Clinton got in. Nice try though.

If I posted a video of bush molesting a 12 year old girl, the repubs on this board would have the answer that she came on to him first.

I

And?

I

And?

Yep, no problem with your hero having the most corrupt administration in history. Thanks for making my point.

New Topics

Forum List

Back