737 Max: Boeing 'inappropriately coached' pilots in test after crashes

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A simulator test was conducted as part of the FAA's efforts to ensure that the aircraft could be made safe to fly again. The test was designed to see how quickly pilots could react to the faulty software.
In its report on Friday, the Senate committee said that based on "corroborated whistleblower information and testimony during interviews of FAA staff", it concluded that FAA and Boeing officials involved in the test had "established a pre-determined outcome to reaffirm a long-held human factor assumption related to pilot reaction time".

"Boeing officials inappropriately coached test pilots in the MCAS simulator testing contrary to testing protocol," it said. "It appears, in this instance, FAA and Boeing were attempting to cover up important information that may have contributed to the 737 Max tragedies."
The report cited a whistleblower who claimed that Boeing officials prompted test pilots to use a particular control immediately before an exercise.
It comes after the FAA last month cleared Boeing's 737 Max plane to fly again. It said existing aircraft would need to be modified before going back into service, with changes to their design, while pilots would need retraining.

I'm feeling good about those planes right about now.

Isn’t that called training and the entire reason flight simulators exist? So pilots can learn about how in certain situations pushing this oh fuck button will save the plane and all of its passengers? Seems like a better option than not telling them. I want to be on the plane with the pilot that knows what the oh fuck button does and how to use it.

Isn’t that called training and the entire reason flight simulators exist? So pilots can learn about how in certain situations pushing this oh fuck button will save the plane and all of its passengers? Seems like a better option than not telling them. I want to be on the plane with the pilot that knows what the oh fuck button does and how to use it.

Boeing didn't want to pay for the training. There were bonuses on the line.

The BBC as your source for information on Boeing ???

Let me let you in on a secret......

That's like relying on China for advice on human rights.

The BBC is Far Radical Left Journalism and their objective is to harm America in any way possible.
They have been pushing out stories to try and harm Boeing (AND HELP AIRBUS) for decades.

You people are so fucking gullible no wonder you end up under dictators every time.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

The BBC as your source......

The BBC is Far Radical Left Journalism and their objective is to harm America in any way possible.
They have been pushing out stories to try and harm Boeing (AND HELP AIRBUS) for decades.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

Boeing had the Max grounded for two years, had to completely retool them and ended paying for the training. It's all well documented.

You people are so fucking gullible no wonder you end up under dictators every time.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT
Are you telling me a country heavily invested in Airbus would throw out some bullshit about another countries aircraft? No way.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

Boeing had the Max grounded for two years, had to completely retool them and ended paying for the training. It's all well documented.

And it's well documented they have corrected ALL problems and have been re certified for flying.

Boeing was flying passengers before Airbus was even a thought.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT
Are you telling me a country heavily invested in Airbus would throw out some bullshit about another countries aircraft? No way.

It's well documented everywhere. Sully Sullenberger called the Max highly flawed and never should have been approved. He called them aircraft designed to kill people.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

And it's well documented they have corrected ALL problems and have been re certified for flying.

Which even if true does not dispute what went on before and does not mean we should just sweep what went on before under the rug.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

These anti-American bitches are ALWAYS groveling and trying their hardest to smear American business with their deceptive BS.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

Which even if true does not dispute what went on before and does not mean we should just sweep what went on before under the rug.

PER PASSENGER MILE FLOWN.......AIRBUS KILLS MORE PEOPLE

CHEW ON THAT

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

CHEW ON THAT

The Max never got a chance to rack up deaths.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

CHEW ON THAT

The BOEING 737 ALONE has more passenger miles flown than ALL of Airbus..........jealous ????

If it ain't BOEING.....I ain't GOING

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

CHEW ON THAT

The BOEING 737 ALONE has more passenger miles than ALL of Airbus

We are not discussing the 737.

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT
No, the source of information is this:

Any fucking questions?

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

CHEW ON THAT

FOOL

What do you think the 737 MAX is ? A 747 ?

TOTAL HORSE SHIT

NEXT

CHEW ON THAT

FOOL

What do you think the 737 MAX is ? A 747 ?

It was a very different aircraft. Flew and operated very differently. Boeing named it MAX to try and avoid what one has to do to get a new aircraft approved. It didn't work.

Sully Sullenberger called it a plane designed to kill people.

Boeing didn't want to do the right thing because they knew doing the right thing would have been bad for their stocks and bonuses just like the 747 initially was.

A simulator test was conducted as part of the FAA's efforts to ensure that the aircraft could be made safe to fly again. The test was designed to see how quickly pilots could react to the faulty software.
In its report on Friday, the Senate committee said that based on "corroborated whistleblower information and testimony during interviews of FAA staff", it concluded that FAA and Boeing officials involved in the test had "established a pre-determined outcome to reaffirm a long-held human factor assumption related to pilot reaction time".

"Boeing officials inappropriately coached test pilots in the MCAS simulator testing contrary to testing protocol," it said. "It appears, in this instance, FAA and Boeing were attempting to cover up important information that may have contributed to the 737 Max tragedies."
The report cited a whistleblower who claimed that Boeing officials prompted test pilots to use a particular control immediately before an exercise.
It comes after the FAA last month cleared Boeing's 737 Max plane to fly again. It said existing aircraft would need to be modified before going back into service, with changes to their design, while pilots would need retraining.

I'm feeling good about those planes right about now.

Forum List

Back