61% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck — inflation is still squeezing budgets

This is not a good time to be an American. I always laugh when you hear some politicians claim America's best days are yet to come.
Runaway inflation, Democrats allowing our borders to be overrun, mortgage rates highest in 20 years. It just plain sucks!
I'm doing great, and just like every Republican in America, that's all I'm worried about.

Sorry your life sucks.

At least some of this is due to people having poor impulse control and living beyond their means. Maybe most of it.

One thing that's probably hurting us more than inflation is that shoplifting and petty theft are out of control...and driving up the cost of everything.

This is not a good time to be an American. I always laugh when you hear some politicians claim America's best days are yet to come.
Runaway inflation, Democrats allowing our borders to be overrun, mortgage rates highest in 20 years. It just plain sucks!

• The number of Americans who say they are stretched thin has remained stubbornly high, according to several reports.
  • Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell recently called for continued vigilance in the fight against inflation, warning there may even be more interest rate increases to come.

Wow, glad to see the percent has gone down.

In 2019 it was 78%.

CareerBuilder found that 78% of U.S. workers are living paycheck to paycheck.

People have always lived paycheck to paycheck. That way the corporate heads always have their hard working, loyal, work until complete exhaustion workers coming back day after day. The fact is one cannot find a better workforce on this earth. That continues today.

During the Great Depression, the cost of housing in the U.S. was 3 times the median wage.
Today it's 8 times that

The price of an auto was 46% of the annual wage.
Today it's 85%.

Rent was 16% of the annual wage.
Today 42%."

Tales of "proper capitalism". The only thing they excel at is lies.

Forum List

Back