24 hours later... We find this: "It’s Time to Legalize Polygamy"

The only polygamists I can think of are right wing mormon religious fanatics who "marry" their stepdaughters. Don't expect the left to jump to their aid.

Polygamy can certainly be abused in those cults with underage and forced marriages...but then, any marriage is open to abuse. I have no desire for "sister wives" but I also can find a logical reason to oppose it. :dunno:

Polygamy can certainly be abused in those cults with underage and forced marriages...but then, any marriage is open to abuse. I have no desire for "sister wives" but I also can find a logical reason to oppose it. :dunno:
Do you mean you can't find a logical reason oppose it? Me neither. I generally do not concern myself with the activities of consenting adults but I can't see this becoming the large popular political cause marriage equality was.

Do you mean you can't find a logical reason oppose it? Me neither. I generally do not concern myself with the activities of consenting adults but I can't see this becoming the large popular political cause marriage equality was.

Me neither :dunno:

What's actually wrong with polygamy?

36 Hours and already the call for Equal Protection under the law for the Polygamists continues to find popularity.

This time next year, we'll be treated to the same question for the Pedophiles.

Polygamy is opposite sex marriage, which makes it what you call 'natural' in keeping with 'nature's design' of the human male and female.

You unwittingly make a better argument for polygamy than you do against same sex monogamy.

36 Hours and already the call for Equal Protection under the law for the Polygamists continues to find popularity.

To the extent that polygamists have an equal protection claim, that claim can be made against so-called traditional man/woman monogamy.

Nothing has changed.

one person writes an article and that's "the call" to you? lol...

I think he speaks in histrionics. Poor bastard, it's the only way he can communicate with the outside world from inside his rubber padded room.
And yet that padded room continues to evolve into reality. The ruling made this week means you can't stop polygamy and probably can't stop pedophelia or bestiality. The ruling was so bad it opened more doors than it closed.

The instant that anyone states that we will have to legalize pedophilia due to anything, I understand that we are dealing with a completely brain dead individual.
That's what they said about same-sex marriage at first.

Polygamists should make the Hobby Lobby argument. Claim that polygamy is rooted in a sincere religious belief that a man marrying more than one woman is part of God's plan,

thus to refrain from doing so is a violation of that belief, and to be denied the right to a legally recognized polygamous marriage is a 1st amendment violation.

Voila! case closed.

I think he speaks in histrionics. Poor bastard, it's the only way he can communicate with the outside world from inside his rubber padded room.
And yet that padded room continues to evolve into reality. The ruling made this week means you can't stop polygamy and probably can't stop pedophelia or bestiality. The ruling was so bad it opened more doors than it closed.

The instant that anyone states that we will have to legalize pedophilia due to anything, I understand that we are dealing with a completely brain dead individual.

For the umpteenth time, two consenting gay adults who marry harm nobody. No harm is done to either person. In the case of pedophilia, a child is harmed in a horrible way. Not only that, but the minor child cannot legally consent to a sexual relationship with an adult. Of course, in the mind of an idiot, this is just too deep to comprehend the difference.

For the umpteenth time, two consenting gay adults who marry harm nobody. No harm is done to either person. In the case of pedophilia, a child is harmed in a horrible way. Not only that, but the minor child cannot legally consent to a sexual relationship with an adult. Of course, in the mind of an idiot, this is just too deep to comprehend the difference.
In some countries 12 years old is old enough.

In some countries 12 years old is old enough.

This isn't some country we're talking about but I wouldn't be surprised in those countries you are referring to gay marriage is illegal.

Forum List

Back