2018 Rate Reviews are up

debbiedowner

Gold Member
Feb 12, 2017
Unified Rate Review

Scroll down to ACA compliant, click on link, next page enter your state and either/or put in a company. You want to put in dates 1/1/2018 to 12/31/2018. 3 or 4th column you'll see what was requested, nothing has been approved yet.

I just went to the state of Ohio and counted none other than 15 companies that have submitted rate filings. Doesn't say what counties, but WTF I thought there was only 1 company doing business in Ohio for 2018.

I saw a county map the other day of insurance companies in states, when looking at rate reviews I saw no insurance companies in Indiana or Missouri. On the map I saw true Indiana had none but Missouri did but only in a few counties. Although they were supposed to have the rates in by June 21st I think there was an extension because of the uncertainty.

In the state I deal in (won't tell) rate request all over the board from a -2.0% to a company that was only selling noncompliant plans up until the coming year of 150%.

I have always hated when an insurance company says oh your rate increase let's say is only 9% but when you get your bill it's more like 15%, because they also give you a birthday increase at the same time. Just say that the general public does not know.

I saw a county map the other day of insurance companies in states, when looking at rate reviews I saw no insurance companies in Indiana or Missouri. On the map I saw true Indiana had none but Missouri did but only in a few counties. Although they were supposed to have the rates in by June 21st I think there was an extension because of the uncertainty.

In the state I deal in (won't tell) rate request all over the board from a -2.0% to a company that was only selling noncompliant plans up until the coming year of 150%.

I have always hated when an insurance company says oh your rate increase let's say is only 9% but when you get your bill it's more like 15%, because they also give you a birthday increase at the same time. Just say that the general public does not know.

I hate that too. We should force everyone to bend over.

Forum List

Back