...16 years in prison for J6 attacker?.....

Nah, that's another cult fantasy.

Cult fantasy? You really are disconnected from reality, boob-brain!

Just to scrape the surface:

Right there you have every question asked by Gowdy was an admission of a lie by Hillary (not to mention the criminal act(s) therein themselves) which are a FELONY.

How many questions/lies were in that video?

Never mind the criminality of the ACTS themselves.

Now, how many people within Trump's circle of people were prosecuted, convicted, and did jail time for just telling ONE lie to the Fed? :th_waiting:

Tonight's news has reportage about one of the J6 attackers on trial now with the prosecutors asking for a 16 year sentence. If the judge accepts the prosecution's request for sentence length...it would be the longest sentence of any J6 rioter. (the longest sentence imposed so far, is for the retired NYC cop. He got a 10yr ticket to the penal system.)
----------------------------------------------------
Over the top. The guy definitely should serve time, maybe two or three years, but 16 is absurd. There are rapists and armed robbers who don't serve that much time. Our justice system is a clusterfuck.

Over the top. The guy definitely should serve time, maybe two or three years, but 16 is absurd. There are rapists and armed robbers who don't serve that much time. Our justice system is a clusterfuck.
5-6 years is a typical sentence for assaulting a police officer.

Should he then get no penalty for the other eight crimes he committed? Because it doesn't seem like that's how it is supposed to work. That is, commit a worse crime, so you get away with all your other crimes.

Over the top. The guy definitely should serve time, maybe two or three years, but 16 is absurd. There are rapists and armed robbers who don't serve that much time.

In NYC under Bragg's watch, rapists and murders and robbers are often not even doing any time at all.

In NYC under Bragg's watch, rapists and murders and robbers are often not even doing any time at all.

You shameless liar. No time for murderers, eh... the white wing will say ANYTHING.

Calling the officer who stopped Ashli Babbitt from leading a mob through the doors of that chamber a 'murderer' borders on irresponsible slander.

If the good poster Trout has proof that he "murdered" Babbitt, if he has credible evidence of such......well, now would be a great time to reveal it here, and then take it to the appropriate authorities. But......

.....but lacking that, it is slander. It is irresponsible. And it is un-American. It amplifies the corrosive rhetoric than some are shrilling and that is now damaging American governance.

IMHO

No, it was murder. No one was in any danger.

To my knowledge, every one of Trump's whacky storm troopers had two arms which means they all had two fists capable of assault with, or without, wielding handheld weapons. Most of them are fortunate that they're not facing firing squads which is what they truly deserve.
Oh...................the fucking drama.

Well, the DOJ wanted 16years for the egregious and highly publicized assault by the J6 insurrectionist and attacker. ("the disappointment I've become")

The judge scaled that back.
But, he did sentence this MAGA jackass to 7-1/2 years in a federal pen.
Reported today:

"Judge: Man Who Crushed Officer Hodges Was a 'Poster Child for All that Was Dangerous' on Jan. 6
Patrick McCaughey III was ordered to serve 7.5 years in prison Friday for using a police riot shield to pin DC Police Officer Daniel Hodges in a doorframe for more than two minutes. His sentence ties the second-longest handed down to date in a Capitol riot case — exceeded only by the 10 years given to a former NYPD officer who assaulted one of Hodges' colleagues.

In court Friday, McCaughey spoke briefly in a quiet monotone. He apologized to Hodges and to his mother, who was in the audience to hear his sentence.

"I'm sorry mother for the anguish I've caused and the disappointment I've become," he said. "None of this is your fault."

Patrick McCaughey III and Officer Daniel Hodges

From Politico: (same subject)

"

‘Like an animal’: Jan. 6 defendant who pinned officer in tunnel is sentenced to 7.5 years​

Before receiving his sentence, Patrick McCaughey described his actions as “monumentally stupid.”

McCaughey, who stood before U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden in an orange jumpsuit while he awaited his fate, delivered a profuse apology for his conduct, describing his behavior on Jan. 6 as “monumentally stupid.”

“I wish I had better control of myself,” he said, calling his behavior “less like a citizen and more like an animal.”

McCaughey pinned Hodges in a Capitol doorway for more than two minutes while another rioter ripped off the officer’s gas mask, stole his baton and struck him with it. It became a symbol of the barbaric violence that unfolded in the Capitol’s lower West Terrace tunnel,

Forum List

Back