$1 million donations wanted for Obama inauguration

Beyonce to sing ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at inauguration - The Washington Post

Before she sings for a TV audience of an umpteen-kerzillion at next month’s Super Bowl halftime show, Beyonce has booked herself a warm-up gig on the chilly steps of the U.S. Capitol. She’ll appear at President Obama’s Jan. 21 inauguration ceremony to perform the national anthem.

Go ahead and scan American pop music’s starry skies — you’ll find no better choice. At Obama’s first inauguration, “Star-Spangled Banner” duties were handled by a U.S. Navy chorus. Beyonce is a smart pick to fill those midshipmen’s shiny shoes. With a voice that rarely sacrifices poise for power, she can own a song while making it feel as though it ultimately belongs to the crowd. She’s sometimes stately, always steely — a superstar whom few truly know, but multitudes feel deeply comfortable with**. (She’s not unlike the Obamas, in that sense.)

:clap2:

Last edited:
Yea...I get it

The black guy shouldn't be allowed to celebrate his inauguration, or take vacations, or play golf

You obviously don't get it. Fuck his skin color and fuck you for bringing it up.

Yes...I noted all the outrage over the inaugurations of all the presidents before the black guy

Like I said. You don't get it.

But since its okay to rob banks since someone else did it we should stop jailing bank robbers.

I really don't get the whole "swearing in" ceremony. I mean, Obama did not give a damn about the Constitution his first term, so why swear to uphold it the second term?

Liberals could care less about the Constitution. After all, it becomes whatever they wish it to be.

Liberals wrote the Constitution

Funny how the Founding Fathers focused on laws limiting government instead of empowering government and included the 2nd Amendment.

Were they all drunk when they wrote it or just libtarded?

Last edited:
Cost of Obama's first Inauguration.What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration.
Obama raised $53 million in private money for his first inauguration
The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million
The federal government estimates that it will spend roughly $49 million on the inaugural weekend. Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland have requested another $75 million from the federal government to help pay for their share of police, fire and medical services.
And then there is the party bill. "We have a budget of roughly $45 million.

No self control, all ego,Obama and his reckless Government - Our Government is so out of control with spending we are doomed .Crap like this goes on and then they throw around the idea of chopping up SS. Soon you will be kissing Obamas pink finger and eating out of a garabage can.

View attachment 23713

Just pretend all of this cost is just for another vacation.

Personally, I'm all for this type of spending whether it be for vacations or inaugarations because it means less time spent micromanaging my life.

I really don't get the whole "swearing in" ceremony. I mean, Obama did not give a damn about the Constitution his first term, so why swear to uphold it the second term?

Liberals could care less about the Constitution. After all, it becomes whatever they wish it to be.

Funny how the Founding Fathers focused on laws limiting government instead of empowering government and included the 2nd Amendment.

Our Government was empowered to run the country

One man....one vote
What a liberal concept

Too bad it is conservatives trying to disrupt that

One man....one vote
What a liberal concept

Federalism was sacrificed upon the progressive alter of big government long ago. The system is a bastardized shell of itself. Now we rule by Executive Order.

no. they didn't.

they wanted to enhance individual rights by keeping government out of our personal business... you know, like religion or telling women what to do with their bodies.

rightwing loons seem to get it backwards.

One man....one vote
What a liberal concept

Federalism was sacrificed upon the progressive alter of big government long ago. The system is a bastardized shell of itself. Now we rule by Executive Order.

what on earth are you blathering about?

federalism is what you states' rights extremists always shriek about.

you hate federalism.

One man....one vote
What a liberal concept

Too bad it is conservatives trying to disrupt that

Give me your tired, your poor, rour illegals
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
And we'll give you a cell phone

Gee

I miss all those threads about taxpayer dollars paying for the inauguration

Big egos care not who pays for it.

Yea...I get it

The black guy shouldn't be allowed to celebrate his inauguration, or take vacations, or play golf

Quit making this about race, Mr. Jesse Jackson.

This country is experiencing the worst economic crisis in decades and the most critical fiscal mess ever. If we ordinary peasants have to tighten our belts, so should those in our government, including the President of the United States.

Big egos care not who pays for it.

Yea...I get it

This country is experiencing the worst economic crisis in decades and the most critical fiscal mess ever. If we ordinary peasants have to tighten our belts, so should those in our government, including the President of the United States.

I am willing to concede the race issue if you can explain the sudden interest in presidential inaugurations

Yea...I get it

I am willing to concede the race issue if you can explain the sudden interest in presidential inaugurations

It's about the money spent on it, specifically at a time of a serious financial crisis

It's about the money spent on it, specifically at a time of a serious financial crisis

Did you read the thread title?

He is seeking private donations to defer the costs. Bush had us in debt up to our eyeballs....I didn't see outrage from the right

Did you read the thread title?

He is seeking private donations to defer the costs. Bush had us in debt up to our eyeballs....I didn't see outrage from the right

I think you are lying. I have repeatedly said Bush spent like a fool. And I have seen many others do the same. But Bush has no power to lead by example now does he? But I know someone who can....

I'm not outraged. I'm just really sad that it seems there are no more elected officials that choose to be our servants rather than our highly sought after celebrities.

I don't see how this is the slightest bit relevant to the topic at hand.

Of course not. Paying thousands or millions of dollars to sit next to a politician is completely normal. Hopefully Obama recycles his Greek columns so he won't need as much money huh

Which again leads back to the point that if people choose to spend their money as such, then that's their business.

Mrs Medgar Evers, Beyonce, James Taylor, Kelly Clarkson.....

Should be quite an inauguration

Forum List

Back