zuck just can't get it right

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
What is Mark Zuckerberg hiding? Facebook secretly deleted some of its founder’s private messages | Daily Mail Online

now if he went back into his own mail and deleting things there, no harm. no foul. his private mail, stay the hell out of it. HOWEVER, that's not what he did.

"Three sources claim old Facebook messages from Zuckerberg have disappeared from their inbox."

he's using "recall" feature we don't have to be sure and once a message has been read, most recalls won't allow you to "recall" it at that point. and the typical user does not have this ability either.

"Although Zuckerberg may be CEO of the company, the ability to remove messages from Messenger - now used by 1.3 billion people - is not allowed under the company's terms of service."

so he violated his own terms of service according to this article. if true, zuck is fucked.

people are pissed at the "social media giants" and while hopefully the shootings have stopped, the accountability needs to kick in.

Nothing surprises me. There is much he is hiding, I am sure.

Did you hear their plan to share health info on users ‘anonymously’ also?
They supposedly hadn’t gone through with it yet, but...

the only thing that amazes me is that no one has put up another site yet. people abandoned myspace in droves when facebook was an alternative. if someone put up something with more personal profiles, blogging and more customization of how my page looks, people would likely run to it next.

what would be funny is if they did it with a facebook login. :)

There supposedly are a couple of alternatives out there. But, I suspect they are hard to find, other than through word of mouth.
I see one of two things happening. Millenials don’t care. They have not been taught the importance of the first. Privacy is not as important to them as they don’t understand what an important part of our founding and it’s uniqueness it was and I suspect educators today don’t really teach it in depth. They have never experienced that privacy as we older folk have. Or those that do still cherish privacy will just quit posting, period or eventually find the alternatives out there.

the only thing that amazes me is that no one has put up another site yet. people abandoned myspace in droves when facebook was an alternative. if someone put up something with more personal profiles, blogging and more customization of how my page looks, people would likely run to it next.

There supposedly are a couple of alternatives out there. But, I suspect they are hard to find, other than through word of mouth.
I see one of two things happening. Millenials don’t care. They have not been taught the importance of the first. Privacy is not as important to them as they don’t understand what an important part of our founding and it’s uniqueness it was and I suspect educators today don’t really teach it in depth. They have never experienced that privacy as we older folk have. Or those that do still cherish privacy will just quit posting, period or eventually find the alternatives out there.

well i think social media as we see it today is dead. i've looked long and hard and there is no "migration" from facebook to anywhere. people are just leaving and going where they're happy.

i belong to places like stage32.com cause it's for writers and artists. things come and go in waves and now that the social media wave is coming to an end, people are just kinda treading water with what's out there til the next big thing comes along.

This is comical, Free social media sites are for profit companies, how do you think they generate revenue?, advertisement and data mining.
How do they create a subscriber base to sell to advertisers? Create and promote a social media site and provide it for free to John Q. Public.
Great investment opportunity, stock has done us well, but I have never been on or signed up for Facebook or any other social media site.
Now the shock and awe that information is not that private. Nobody has a right to privacy on Facebook because you paid nothing for that service.

Same here. My question though, is trying to match a Facebook profile to hospital records so they can be, umm, well, receive better care, is that crossing a line, even further?
https://gizmodo.com/facebook-decides-to-back-off-creepy-hospital-data-shari-1825027429
“One example of how this could have worked, described by CNBC, would have had hospitals send home nurses to patients recovering from major heart surgery deemed to have no nearby friends or family based on their Facebook profile.”

Facebook had reportedly gotten as far as enlisting its scientists to talk to major organizations like the American College of Cardiology and the Stanford University School of Medicine about the project

This is comical, Free social media sites are for profit companies, how do you think they generate revenue?, advertisement and data mining.
How do they create a subscriber base to sell to advertisers? Create and promote a social media site and provide it for free to John Q. Public.
Great investment opportunity, stock has done us well, but I have never been on or signed up for Facebook or any other social media site.
Now the shock and awe that information is not that private. Nobody has a right to privacy on Facebook because you paid nothing for that service.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that Faceborg is a Surveillance Platform and not a social medial company just hasn't been paying attention.

Zuckerborg is not trustworthy. Never has been. Never will be.

There's something about it for some people, no idea what percent or how widespread, but the bride has two long-time really close friends whose lives have completely changed as their FB addiction has grown. And not positively at all.

In a world where everything is supposed to be free. Medical, education.......

No wonder the snowflakes are so upset when they find out that NOTHING IS EVER FREE

NotUrDad.jpg

Forum List

Back