Zogby - Dem Congress Rating Worst Ever

of course it does. and then fine tune the message to increase the chances of using that lack of belief in order to beat the other guy.

I'd say it's deeper than that. From my perspective, I find both the left and right leading to something most Americans do not want. A split at home. Problem is, seems more from the left are aiding that. The right is coming from extremists, that have wanted changes here and abroad for a long time. From the left, it's about GW.

I'd say it's deeper than that. From my perspective, I find both the left and right leading to something most Americans do not want. A split at home. Problem is, seems more from the left are aiding that. The right is coming from extremists, that have wanted changes here and abroad for a long time. From the left, it's about GW.

"They sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind"

If republicans were worried about it being all about the character assassination of a republican president someday, they should have considered that when the spent eight years on whitewater, filegate, travelgate, vince foster, jennifer flowers, paula jones, monica lewinsky, henry hyde kangaroo court hearings, impeachment proceedings...

and they would have considered nominating the most qualified candidate to run for office in 2000 instead of the guy with name recognition.

American democracy and the two party system will survive regardless of the current malaise on the part of the public.

and republicans need to understand that if you can't take it, you ought not to have dished it out.

"They sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind"

If republicans were worried about it being all about the character assassination of a republican president someday, they should have considered that when the spent eight years on whitewater, filegate, travelgate, vince foster, jennifer flowers, paula jones, monica lewinsky, henry hyde kangaroo court hearings, impeachment proceedings...

and they would have considered nominating the most qualified candidate to run for office in 2000 instead of the guy with name recognition.

American democracy and the two party system will survive regardless of the current malaise on the part of the public.

and republicans need to understand that if you can't take it, you ought not to have dished it out.

Ok, enough said. The argument of going back to Clinton has just been reached. You don't care.

Ok, enough said. The argument of going back to Clinton has just been reached. You don't care.

I care about regaining the white house and I care holding the house and getting 60 seats in the senate.

politics is and has always been a team sport. I believe that America's best chance for the future is with the democratic team on offense and not on defense.

I care about regaining the white house and I care holding the house and getting 60 seats in the senate.

politics is and has always been a team sport. I believe that America's best chance for the future is with the democratic team on offense and not on defense.

Thanks for your honesty that partisanship trumps greater good. I'm surprised, but I'll accept that.

Thanks for your honesty that partisanship trumps greater good. I'm surprised, but I'll accept that.

I never said that. I said that I believe - fervently - that the platform of the democratic party is the best hope for success America has. I believe that being a partisan democrat and working to achieve the policy goals of my party IS the greater good.

I never said that. I said that I believe - fervently - that the platform of the democratic party is the best hope for success America has. I believe that being a partisan democrat and working to achieve the policy goals of my party IS the greater good.

No matter how you couch it, I presented your case clearly. You know it. Me too.

No matter how you couch it, I presented your case clearly. You know it. Me too.

if you "present my case" as partisanship trumping the greater good, then you clearly don't have a fucking clue of what I believe in or what I stand for.

if you "present my case" as partisanship trumping the greater good, then you clearly don't have a fucking clue of what I believe in or what I stand for.

So, where did I do you or rather your side, wrong?

as I have said on numerous occasions, I fervently believe that my party is the way TO the greater good.

THAT is wrong.

I never ADMITTED that partisanship trumps greater good and I have never expressed a belief that partisanship trumps greater good.

twist this: democrats believe that America's GREATER GOOD would be served if the democratic party platform is enacted.
that is what I believe. now, if you want to call me a LIAR, go for it, but, as they say in the Navy, "stand by for heavy rolls".

twist this: democrats believe that America's GREATER GOOD would be served if the democratic party platform is enacted.
that is what I believe. now, if you want to call me a LIAR, go for it, but, as they say in the Navy, "stand by for heavy rolls".

While I would NEVER accuse Democrats of twising, the idea that 'greater good' is served by democrats alone is a bit far fetched. :lol:

and what is their platform?

higher taxes

government run health care

surrender and appeasement to terrorists

Judges making law from the bench

increased spending

more pork in spending bills

Not securing the US borders

Illegals getting benfits that used to be only for US citizens

I am sure I missed some, but is that what you think is best for America?

THAT is wrong.

I never ADMITTED that partisanship trumps greater good and I have never expressed a belief that partisanship trumps greater good.

"I fervently believe that my party is the way TO the greater good."

sounds like you did right there to me

"I fervently believe that my party is the way TO the greater good."

sounds like you did right there to me

sounds to me like you don't understand the english language.

For me to believe that partisanship trumps the greater good would require that, even if I thought that republicans had better ideas, I would still want my party to succeed. get it?

While I would NEVER accuse Democrats of twising, the idea that 'greater good' is served by democrats alone is a bit far fetched. :lol:

If you do not believe in the inherent wisdom of an adversarial two party system, if you do not believe in the platform of your party, why would you remain a member of that political party?

And I have never suggested that democrats ALONE serve the greater good. As I have said on numerous occasions, I have personally witnessed - and participated in the process of - the creation of good law when well meaning legislators come together in the middle. I just believe that the greater good would be served if the fervor of legislation proposed by a democratic majority were tempered in some marginal, yet meaningful way, by the republican minority and not the other way around.

Forum List

Back