Zo on the knockout game

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG52wcTyzkk]Knock Knock. Who's there? Knock Out. Knock Out, Who...? - YouTube[/ame]

The New Face of Racism

December 6, 2013 by Colin Flaherty

art24k-1-web-376x350.jpg

Laurie Cumbo

What do you think the face of racism looks like? The snarling, ugly, crooked teeth, hunched back, and stove-pipe hat of a Simon Legree?

Come on, man. This is 2013.

The face of racism today is pretty. Polished. Smooth talking. Cloying. It looks like the face to the left.

This is the Councilwoman-elect Laurie Cumbo, soon to represent the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn. The same place in the news for black-on-Jewish violence. Most recently taking the form of what people are calling the Knockout Game.

Call it what you will, in Crown Heights it features black people attacking Jewish people. Then laughing. And if there is a bit of robbery involved, that’s all good too.

Cumbo is now in full reparations mode. Thanks to DNAinfo.com, we learned from the soon-to-be councilwoman how:

“Many African American/Caribbean residents expressed a genuine concern that as the Jewish community continues to grow, they would be pushed out by their Jewish landlords or by Jewish families looking to purchase homes,” Cumbo wrote in the 1,200-word letter, which was emailed to supporters and posted on her Facebook page.

“I respect and appreciate the Jewish community’s family values and unity that has led to strong political, economic and cultural gains. While I personally regard this level of tenacity, I also recognize that for others, the accomplishments of the Jewish community triggers feelings of resentment, and a sense that Jewish success is not also their success.”

She added that these sentiments among black Crown Heights residents “offer possible insight as to how young African American/Caribbean teens could conceivably commit a ‘hate crime’ against a community that they know very little about.”

Jewish success not their success?

The New Face of Racism | FrontPage Magazine

Reparations, I guess the DNC will be paying those.

Forum List

Back