Zelenskyy advises Russians leave Crimea while Kerch Bridge is somehow still functioning

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has advised Russian occupiers in Crimea to consider returning to Russia while the bridge built by the invaders across the Kerch Strait [Crimean (Kerch) Bridge] is still functioning.

Source: Zelenskyy’s evening address

Quote from Zelenskyy: "I have held several important meetings regarding the preparation of international events in August, in particular the Crimean Platform. We are also preparing a list of liberation steps for Crimea. They are comprehensive: security, economic, and social [steps]. We can reintegrate Crimea into the state fabric of Ukraine quite quickly."

Details: Zelenskyy says Russian occupiers should consider returning home to Russia from the Ukrainian peninsula as long as the Crimean Bridge is still functioning.

"Crimea, like all of Ukraine, will be free – free from all Russian evil, starting with Russian missiles and ending with every Russian occupier. Russia will lose this war, and no missile will save it," the president said.

Background:

・Oleksii Reznikov, Defence Minister of Ukraine, said in an interview with CNN that the Ukrainian Defence Forces would continue to strike at Russian-occupied Crimea and the Crimean Bridge, as it is necessary to disrupt Russian logistics.

・President Volodymyr Zelenskyy believes that the Crimean Bridge is a legitimate target for Ukraine because Russian invaders use it to transport weapons.

Zelensky was an actor, a comic, with no political or military experience and now he has become an inspirational political leader admired across the globe.

Not happening, they never had a chance.
Do you really believe all the western democracies would be investing so heavily in Ukraine if their militaries didn't think Ukraine could win? The Russian military today is only a faint echo of what the USSR once was, and the only thing keeping the AFU from driving the Russians back toward the border right now are those minefields that have to be cleared.

Zelensky tries his shit in Crimea it might be his last act. The Crimean people hate Ukraine with a visceral rage.

Zelensky tries his shit in Crimea it might be his last act. The Crimean people hate Ukraine with a visceral rage.
He is "trying his shit" in Crimea, bombing militar targets and the Kerch bridge, and the Russians are lining up to leave, only slowed down by the damage to the Kerch bridge.

I advise Zelensky to stick his face in the manure and keep it there for seven minutes. That'll be enough.

Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has advised Russian occupiers in Crimea to consider returning to Russia while the bridge built by the invaders across the Kerch Strait [Crimean (Kerch) Bridge] is still functioning.

Source: Zelenskyy’s evening address

Quote from Zelenskyy: "I have held several important meetings regarding the preparation of international events in August, in particular the Crimean Platform. We are also preparing a list of liberation steps for Crimea. They are comprehensive: security, economic, and social [steps]. We can reintegrate Crimea into the state fabric of Ukraine quite quickly."

Details: Zelenskyy says Russian occupiers should consider returning home to Russia from the Ukrainian peninsula as long as the Crimean Bridge is still functioning.

"Crimea, like all of Ukraine, will be free – free from all Russian evil, starting with Russian missiles and ending with every Russian occupier. Russia will lose this war, and no missile will save it," the president said.

Background:

・Oleksii Reznikov, Defence Minister of Ukraine, said in an interview with CNN that the Ukrainian Defence Forces would continue to strike at Russian-occupied Crimea and the Crimean Bridge, as it is necessary to disrupt Russian logistics.

・President Volodymyr Zelenskyy believes that the Crimean Bridge is a legitimate target for Ukraine because Russian invaders use it to transport weapons.

Zelensky was an actor, a comic, with no political or military experience and now he has become an inspirational political leader admired across the globe.
Crimea is Russia’s primary naval port with Mediterranean access since the 1700’s. They aren’t giving that up, you dolt.

Crimea is Russia’s primary naval port with Mediterranean access since the 1700’s. They aren’t giving that up, you dolt.
Putin doesn't want to give anything up, including his bizarre claims to all the former soviet states, but once the land bridge to Crimea has been taken by the AFU and he Kerch Bridge is put out of commission, he will not be able to resupply his forces in Crimea and it will fall.

It's ironic: 18 years ago Ukraine signed an agreement with the U.S. supporting Cuba's economic embargo, and now the U.S. angrily voices that it is somehow illegal to inspect ships bound for gangster Ukraine for weapons.

Do they really?
I have known a number of people from Crimea including those still living in Crimea. I have never met one who thought Ukrainians should take another breath. They all have horror stories of what it was like before the split.

I have known a number of people from Crimea including those still living in Crimea. I have never met one who thought Ukrainians should take another breath. They all have horror stories of what it was like before the split.
There was no split - Crimea was captured by Russia in 2014 - and there are no records of horror stories in Crimea, just robust negotiations about the degree of autonomy Crimea would have.

There was no split - Crimea was captured by Russia in 2014 - and there are no records of horror stories in Crimea, just robust negotiations about the degree of autonomy Crimea would have.
Are you Crimean? Do you live in Crimea? Is there a reason why I should take your word over a Crimean living in Crimea?

Are you Crimean? Do you live in Crimea? Is there a reason why I should take your word over a Crimean living in Crimea?
Is there a reason anyone should take your word on what is happening in Crimea? The record shows that before the conquest of Crimea by the Russian empire, negotiations were going on between the central government in Kiev and Crimea on the degree of autonomy Crimea would have in the future, and there is no record of "horror stories."

Is there a reason anyone should take your word on what is happening in Crimea? The record shows that before the conquest of Crimea by the Russian empire, negotiations were going on between the central government in Kiev and Crimea on the degree of autonomy Crimea would have in the future, and there is no record of "horror stories."
Sorry you feel that way.

The vast majority of Crimean people are ethnic Russians and speak the Russian language.
They were overjoyed being liberated from the brutal Ukrainian governmentIt in a humanitarian Russian military operation and not a single person was killed.
Then a vote was held and the Crimean people voted to become a part of Russia.
Which the Russian government agreed to and made it official.

Forum List

Back