Was there a threat for ethnic Russians in February 2013 in Ukraine (Crimean question)?

Dissident

VIP Member
Jan 21, 2020
picture_01.jpg

Ukrainian and Western politicians always say that the Ukrainian crisis allegedly began in the spring of 2014, when the Crimea joined Russia and fights in Donbas started.

However, now these politicians don’t like to be reminded that before the spring of 2014 there was the Euromaidan in Ukraine and at some point, the pro-Western protesters began to burn and kill during this Euromaidan.

By the way, earlier this month I have written in an article that now nobody in Ukraine cannot explain why they had begun to burn and kill (please see here).

And my present article deals with another subject: Was there a threat for ethnic Russians in February 2013 in Ukraine (Crimean question)?

And I would like to give you some examples to this subject below.

In January 2014, police officer Oleksandr Kyselevskyi was stabbed to death by a Maindanist in the city of Kherson. His murderer was arrested on the day of the crime but the next month - immediately after new rulers had come to power in Ukraine - he was amnestied and released.

But this murder cannot be explained by a self-defense at all, since no one of protesters was ever killed in Kherson during Euromaidan.

In February 2014, the protesters attacked an office of the Party of Regions in Kiev. This office was burned down and one of its employees, Volodymyr Zakharov, a programmer, died in the fire.

picture_02.jpg
On the night of February 21, 2014, in Cherkasy Oblast a large group of Ukrainian nationalists stopped buses in which residents of the Crimea returned home from Kiev. The residents of the Crimea, where the ethnic Russians are a majority, were severely beaten and their buses were burned down.

After the President Yanukovych had unconstitutionally been removed from power on February 22, 2014, new rulers at once declared an amnesty for so-called political prisoners including murderers. For example, Dmytro Pavlychenko was released who had been sentenced to life imprisonment for murder of a judge.

And after this “Victory of Euromaidan” – although Euromaidan had initially been declared as a movement for human rights – the Ukrainian Parliament at the same day voted for a repeal of the Law on Regional Languages though this Law had guaranteed some language rights for national minorities including ethnic Russians.

Three months later, the first post-Maidan Ukrainian President Poroshenko in his interview for Le Figaro called this decision of the Parliament a mistake (please see here), but later this law was finally repealed.

The facts, which I have presented in this article, confirm that there had been a real threat for ethnic Russians in February 2013 in Ukraine.

Therefore, the Russian Government’s decision to accept the Crimea into the Russian Federation in March 2014 can be justified.

Of course, one can say that the Russian Government had to wait, observe the development of situation and draw attention of Western politicians to violent actions in Ukraine.

But subsequent events showed that the Western politicians were absolutely indifferent, e.g. to mass death of opponents of new Ukrainian rulers on May 2, 2014, when 42 of these opponents had died in a fire in the Trade Unions House. I personally cannot remember that a U.S. President or a German Chancellor ever demanded from any Ukrainian officials to investigate this mass death.

Source

The question “Why did the pro-Western protesters begin to burn and kill during Euromaidan?” has been discussed in the following thread - What have Ukrainians been fighting for since 2013?

Last edited:

Ukrainian and Western politicians always say that the Ukrainian crisis allegedly began in the spring of 2014, when the Crimea joined Russia and fights in Donbas started.

However, now these politicians don’t like to be reminded that before the spring of 2014 there was the Euromaidan in Ukraine and at some point, the pro-Western protesters began to burn and kill during this Euromaidan.

By the way, earlier this month I have written in an article that now nobody in Ukraine cannot explain why they had begun to burn and kill (please see here).

And my present article deals with another subject: Was there a threat for ethnic Russians in February 2013 in Ukraine (Crimean question)?

And I would like to give you some examples to this subject below.

In January 2014, police officer Oleksandr Kyselevskyi was stabbed to death by a Maindanist in the city of Kherson. His murderer was arrested on the day of the crime but the next month - immediately after new rulers had come to power in Ukraine - he was amnestied and released.

But this murder cannot be explained by a self-defense at all, since no one of protesters was ever killed in Kherson during Euromaidan.

In February 2014, the protesters attacked an office of the Party of Regions in Kiev. This office was burned down and one of its employees, Volodymyr Zakharov, a programmer, died in the fire.

View attachment 788081
On the night of February 21, 2014, in Cherkasy Oblast a large group of Ukrainian nationalists stopped buses in which residents of the Crimea returned home from Kiev. The residents of the Crimea, where the ethnic Russians are a majority, were severely beaten and their buses were burned down.

After the President Yanukovych had unconstitutionally been removed from power on February 22, 2014, new rulers at once declared an amnesty for so-called political prisoners including murderers. For example, Dmytro Pavlychenko was released who had been sentenced to life imprisonment for murder of a judge.

And after this “Victory of Euromaidan” – although Euromaidan had initially been declared as a movement for human rights – the Ukrainian Parliament at the same day voted for a repeal of the Law on Regional Languages though this Law had guaranteed some language rights for national minorities including ethnic Russians.

Three months later, the first post-Maidan Ukrainian President Poroshenko in his interview for Le Figaro called this decision of the Parliament a mistake (please see here), but later this law was finally repealed.

The facts, which I have presented in this article, confirm that there had been a real threat for ethnic Russians in February 2013 in Ukraine.

Therefore, the Russian Government’s decision to accept the Crimea into the Russian Federation in March 2014 can be justified.

Of course, one can say that the Russian Government had to wait, observe the development of situation and draw attention of Western politicians to violent actions in Ukraine.

But subsequent events showed that the Western politicians were absolutely indifferent, e.g. to mass death of opponents of new Ukrainian rulers on May 2, 2014, when 42 of these opponents had died in a fire in the Trade Unions House. I personally cannot remember that a U.S. President or a German Chancellor ever demanded from any Ukrainian officials to investigate this mass death.

Source
Lol did you just post a propaganda packet? A protest happened, 2 people died, and so the total erasure of Ukraine, its people, it's cities, and its history is the only reasonable response. Of course.

It has no sense to answer to any post of the person, who cannot read in Wikipedia how many people died during Euromaidan.

Lol did you just post a propaganda packet? A protest happened, 2 people died, and so the total erasure of Ukraine, its people, it's cities, and its history is the only reasonable response. Of course.
Yes, of course (not only of Ukraine, of course, but of the USA, either). As well as the threat of total annihilation (for both Cuba and Soviet Union) was an adequate answer on the Soviet attempt to use Cuba as an outpost against the USA back in 1962.

Anyway, the Russians are human beings, and, therefore - social animals. Attack against one of them is attack against all of them.

Forum List

Back