Your thoughts on this verse from Qur'an

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
Hi,

Here is a verse from the Qur'an that I find interesting. It seems to be admonishing religious hatred. What are your thoughts (whether you are Muslim or non-Muslim) on this verse from the Qur'an (chapter 60, verse 4:)

"There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people:'We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah. We have rejected you, AND THERE HAS ARISEN, BETWEEN US AND YOU, ENMITY AND HATRED FOR EVER,- UNLESS YE BELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIM ALONE': But not when Abraham said to his father:'I will pray for forgiveness for thee, though I have no power (to get) aught on thy behalf from Allah.'(They prayed):'Our Lord! in Thee do we trust, and to Thee do we turn in repentance: to Thee is (our) Final Goal."

Does this verse teach religious hate?

Hi,

Here is a verse from the Qur'an that I find interesting. It seems to be admonishing religious hatred. What are your thoughts (whether you are Muslim or non-Muslim) on this verse from the Qur'an (chapter 60, verse 4:)

"There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people:'We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah. We have rejected you, AND THERE HAS ARISEN, BETWEEN US AND YOU, ENMITY AND HATRED FOR EVER,- UNLESS YE BELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIM ALONE': But not when Abraham said to his father:'I will pray for forgiveness for thee, though I have no power (to get) aught on thy behalf from Allah.'(They prayed):'Our Lord! in Thee do we trust, and to Thee do we turn in repentance: to Thee is (our) Final Goal."

The verse is referring to numerous prohibitions in Judaism against other religions. Which, insofar as Judaismw as concerned would include Christianity, Islam, anything coming after Judaism's inception. There's numerous calls in Judaism in fact to kill non-Jews. Because Islam copied much of Jewish law for itself then that they picked up stuff like this shouldn't come as any surprise.

Many people do not realize that the Quran is largely a book about the Jews and for the Jewish people.

Basically it's telling the Jews to straighten up and knock off their tendency to worship idols.

And to follow the example of their ancestor Abraham, quit killing their prophets, and return to the worship of the One G-d.

Hi,

Verses don't teach religious hate, religious leaders that quote sacred text out of context do.

Hi,

Verses don't teach religious hate, religious leaders that quote sacred text out of context do.

I would of course, have to disagree that the Quran does not teach religious hatred. Off the top of my head without looking up the verse numbers I can tell you that the Quran says "The curse of God is on unbelievers"

I would of course, have to disagree that the Quran does not teach religious hatred. Off the top of my head without looking up the verse numbers I can tell you that the Quran says "The curse of God is on unbelievers"
The Bible basically says the same thing about unbelievers. ..... :cool:

But Christians don't take it literally like muslims do.

Many people do not realize that the Quran is largely a book about the Jews and for the Jewish people.

Basically it's telling the Jews to straighten up and knock off their tendency to worship idols.

And to follow the example of their ancestor Abraham, quit killing their prophets, and return to the worship of the One G-d.
The koran is a terrorist handbook as well as being a wife beater's wet dream.

Actually the context of verses 1-4 suggests that the enmity and hatred is reactionary.

(If anyone thinks that I am a leader, they are wrong. I have told no one to follow me. Any fool that has decided to follow me did that on his/her own.)

Here is the full context for anyone who cannot access it:

• 60:1 O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering them (your) love, even though they have rejected the Truth that has come to you, and have (on the contrary) driven out the Prophet and yourselves (from your homes), (simply) because ye believe in Allah your Lord! If ye have come out to strive in My Way and to seek My Good Pleasure, (take them not as friends), holding secret converse of love (and friendship) with them: for I know full well all that ye conceal and all that ye reveal. And any of you that does this has strayed from the Straight Path.

• 60:2 (Y. Ali) If they were to get the better of you, they would behave to you as enemies, and stretch forth their hands and their tongues against you for evil: and they desire that ye should reject the Truth.

• 60:3 (Y. Ali) Of no profit to you will be your relatives and your children on the Day of Judgment: He will judge between you: for Allah sees well all that ye do.

• 60:4 (Y. Ali) There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: "We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah. we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone": But not when Abraham said to his father: "I will pray for forgiveness for thee, though I have no power (to get) aught on thy behalf from Allah." (They prayed): "Our Lord! in Thee do we trust, and to Thee do we turn in repentance: to Thee is (our) Final Goal.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So Muslims, do you feel enmity and hatred for all who don't believe in your God? or just for those who fight you over religion?

So Muslims, do you feel enmity and hatred for all who don't believe in your God? or just for those who fight you over religion?

Have you read this board?

By far and away, "christians" here post the most hate and fear for those those who do not agree with their religion. Some have wished death on atheists, Wiccans - two very benign beliefs - as well as death on Muslims and Jews.

Have you read this board?

By far and away, "christians" here post the most hate and fear for those those who do not agree with their religion. Some have wished death on atheists, Wiccans - two very benign beliefs - as well as death on Muslims and Jews.

I do have my own feelings about Christianity, but I was trying to find out about Muslims and their views...Peace.

What about the verse about the Jew hiding behind a tree?

But Christians don't take it literally like muslims do.

Thank you !

You see, what is written in these religious books (Bible, Talmud , Quran) cannot be blamed on today's worshipers. It is how they apply what is written to every day life . In Islam's case, these applications results in killing the non believers and punishing those who insult Islam. THAT'S the issue

Forum List

Back