Your take on 'multiculturalism'?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JBeukema, Sep 28, 2010.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Personally, I fiercely oppose it. If I move to Germany, I do so to become a German. It falls on me to learn the language, laws, and predominant ethical standards of my new land. I am to become a part of it, enrich it as I can, and and adopt the nation have moved to as my own. That's the entire point of seeking to become a citizen. Should I choose not to become a citizen, then it still falls to me to learn the language, ethics, laws, and social norms of my new host country and to live within it and as a part of its fabric. if I wash to be 'else', then I have no business moving there.

I expect the same of anyone who moves here or anyone else.

Multiculturalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

2. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    I agree. There was a time when that was what happened.

When in Rome.

3. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    It doesn't work that way. Germans speak about 4 different languages to assimulate into their surrounding society. They do however have stricker immigration laws that some might consider racist.

When we bought into Bush Srs. One World Order, all bets were off. Now days you see road & restroom & ballots written in International codes and languages.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Anyone who lives in Germany and doesn't speak Germany has no right to complain or demand special treatment. Same for anyone who doesn't learn American Standard in the US, French in France, or Mandarin in China.

There cannot be a singular People without a singular tongue to enable them to communicate effectively. Without a singular People, there cannot be a singular society or State.

Just look at how close Canada came to splitting in two in 1995 or the failure of the EU to function as a cohesive whole rather than what it is- a hodgepodge of nations and peoples artificially places under a singular umbrella as though conquered by some general.

Or look at the American Southwest.

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Multiculturalism is a very great thing for this resit of Liberty that we call the United States and are a sum of all our parts. Each brings their culture and expertise into the fold for the betterment of the sum.

To raise one above another denies the others and is quite unjust in the great experiment that this Republic still is despite government attempts to tear it usunder.

As to language? We have one. English. It is proper as you stated to assimilate and become part of it and use that language when dealing with the public.

It is incumbent upon those coming here to become as and to do as the citizens. To do less causes resentment, division as we already see.

And to the OP? I agree. I've been to other places on the globe and even though I was there temporarily? I tried to meld in, learn about my host country. It's the proper thing to do.

6. Surf.City.Lizzy

Surf.City.Lizzy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, what your talking about isnt really multiculturalism though..
    multiculturalism is just the acceptance of multiple ethnic cultures.. & that seems pretty american

i do think that everyone living in the us should speak english, but america does not have an official language so it make sense why you see thing in multiple languages.

7. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    No, it's not.

Multiculturalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

It's race politics and different rules for everyone.

8. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,934
    Exactly!

When European settlers first came to North America, they should've all learned to speak Cherokee and learned to live exactly like Native Americans. Fuck'n wankers!

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    lol

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    And by the time the Whites went west, it was made clear they came as conquerors.

Hence the Apache resistance.