Your solution to the illegal immigration problem

JamesInFlorida

Dec 18, 2010
Hey everyone, we all know that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, one way or another. So my question is this: how would you handle it? In my opinion, there's no easy solution. It would be virtually impossible to deport all the illegals here now, and on top of that we wont ever be able to realistically stop them from coming over here. They come over to have a better life in the US, and are willing to risk their lives to do so, so I don't think border security is the answer. With all this, I think we need to do something about it.

So I don't really have any realistic answers: so what's yours?

Hey everyone, we all know that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, one way or another. So my question is this: how would you handle it? In my opinion, there's no easy solution. It would be virtually impossible to deport all the illegals here now, and on top of that we wont ever be able to realistically stop them from coming over here. They come over to have a better life in the US, and are willing to risk their lives to do so, so I don't think border security is the answer. With all this, I think we need to do something about it.

With that attitude....your right, we won't be able to stop them. Having said that.....before we go any farther with immigration reform we have to be able to secure our borders....just like every other country in the world seems to be able to do.
After the borders are secured then we can address the path to citizenship for those who ARE an asset to our great nation. No anchor babies....no bringing over the vast number of relatives.
But....it all begins with securing our border.

We should offer a reasonable path to citizenship. It's part of the founding principles..that we are a nation of immigrants. I liked what President George W. Bush tried to do in this regard - offer a way for people currently here to make amends..and a guest worker program for people looking to become citizens. One of the few things I agreed with him on.

My solution is first seal the border, second deport every illegal alien as they are found and heavily fine any employer that hired them. If you want to get extreme, you could start a season on illegals with no bag limit or simply put up a bounty for each one killed or captured. I would also deny them all social benefits i.e. education, foodstamps, medical care etc....

With that attitude....your right, we won't be able to stop them. Having said that.....before we go any farther with immigration reform we have to be able to secure our borders....just like every other country in the world seems to be able to do.
After the borders are secured then we can address the path to citizenship for those who ARE an asset to our great nation. No anchor babies....no bringing over the vast number of relatives.

My solution is first seal the border, second deport every illegal alien as they are found and heavily fine any employer that hired them. If you want to get extreme, you could start a season on illegals with no bag limit or simply put up a bounty for each one killed or captured. I would also deny them all social benefits i.e. education, foodstamps, medical care etc....

Well securing the border would cost billions of dollars-something our country cannot currently afford. And the money being pumped into securing the border right now doesn't seem to have much effect. I also don't see the need to secure the Canadian border...Canadians don't immigrate illegally to the US.

So how would you pay for securing the borders? It would only pile on our deficit.

The first step is to make laws with teeth in them to punish those hiring illegal aliens.
Up to and including revocation of business liscences and mandatory prison terms for repeat offenders.

Well securing the border would cost billions of dollars-something our country cannot currently afford. And the money being pumped into securing the border right now doesn't seem to have much effect. I also don't see the need to secure the Canadian border...Canadians don't immigrate illegally to the US.

So how would you pay for securing the borders? It would only pile on our deficit.

Have you even thought of how much these illegals are costing us now? You can't keep having a flow of illegals coming across and have a discussion on immigration reform. Yes...we can spend the money to secure the borders....we have to.

Sealing the border will not be cheap but it will pay for itself in the long run. Considering the price we currently pay each year for these illegal parasites.

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year FAIR: Immigration and Welfare

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
[Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word ofEnglish
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. CNN.com - Transcripts

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens.. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
CNN.com - Transcripts

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
Redirecting...

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.html

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D. - Criminal Profiler : Crime & Terrorism investigation resources

Our 2010 estimate that illegal immigration is costing US taxpayers $113 billion per year may be found in our publication The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers.

FAIR: The Cost of Immigration

Sealing the border will not be cheap but it will pay for itself in the long run. Considering the price we currently pay each year for these illegal parasites.

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year FAIR: Immigration and Welfare

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
[Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word ofEnglish
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. CNN.com - Transcripts

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens.. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
CNN.com - Transcripts

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
Redirecting...

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.html

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D. - Criminal Profiler : Crime & Terrorism investigation resources

Our 2010 estimate that illegal immigration is costing US taxpayers $113 billion per year may be found in our publication The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers.

FAIR: The Cost of Immigration

I think you're missing my point. My point is we can't really secure our borders. I agree it would cost a lot-but how much effect would it have? Lately the government's been cracking down on the border, and it's fair to say the results have been virtually non-existent.

How would you secure it? Build a fence? Done. Didn't work. Build a bigger fence? They find another way around. Hire more border patrols-they keep trying til they get through. Regardless of what we did to secure the border-they would adapt and still get here one way or another. People who are risking their lives to get here have nothing to lose. You can't keep people who have nothing to lose out forever. Beefing up the border security would just mean it would take them longer, or be harder for them to get here-but they still would.

edit:although I do agree taking the financial aid the government gives to illegals.

Last edited:
Microchip them before deportation so we can track them if they return?

This would lead to a slippery slope. Microchipping humans is VERY unconstitutional. It could open up doors to potentially start mircrochipping legal citizens.

Meister is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Our Border Patrol agents are so understaffed and underequipped right now that they cannot possibly patrol the massive expanses of unpaved, uninhabited land along our (almost) 2,000 mile long border. The illegal immigrants (or coyotes looking to cross them) know the areas where they can get through with minimal risk, and as such, they aim to cross our border where the Border Patrol won't be present.

It is estimated that only one of every five, but as many as one of every seven, gets apprehended, leaving 80-85% to escape (McCain). It is the Federal government’s right and responsibility to secure our borders. This is a national security issue (Palin). However, the Federal government has failed, and continues to fail, in its rights and responsibilities to the American people. Each day 1,000 illegal Mexican immigrants enter the United States. Of those illegals, 87% of them have a criminal background (Brewer).
Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Representative Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens.

So you see, Meister is right. We need to stop illegal aliens from crossing the border into our country before we even CONSIDER the other issues. If Obama and the Dems really want the DREAMERS to have amnesty, they're going to have to agree to secure our borders first.

P.S. Meister's also right about the anchor babies. Our 14th amendment needs to be changed. Russell Pearce, the author of SB1070, is leading the way. This man should run for president!!!:clap2:

Arizona State Senator Russell Pearce

The first step is to make laws with teeth in them to punish those hiring illegal aliens.
Up to and including revocation of business liscences and mandatory prison terms for repeat offenders.

Yes....that, and long stretches of border fences and the National Guard, patrolling.

I think you're missing my point. My point is we can't really secure our borders. I agree it would cost a lot-but how much effect would it have? Lately the government's been cracking down on the border, and it's fair to say the results have been virtually non-existent.

How would you secure it? Build a fence? Done. Didn't work. Build a bigger fence? They find another way around. Hire more border patrols-they keep trying til they get through. Regardless of what we did to secure the border-they would adapt and still get here one way or another. People who are risking their lives to get here have nothing to lose. You can't keep people who have nothing to lose out forever. Beefing up the border security would just mean it would take them longer, or be harder for them to get here-but they still would.

edit:although I do agree taking the financial aid the government gives to illegals.

The government's been cracking down on the border? What planet are you living on, James? The governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has been waiting on the feds for more help for MONTHS.

From the washingtonindependent.com

"Rick Perry asks Obama for More Troops" 08/09/10

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) hand-delivered a letter to President Barack Obama today requesting 1,000 additional troops to the Texas-Mexico border. Obama deployed 1,200 National Guard troops to states bordering Mexico on Aug. 1, but only 250 were sent to Texas. In the full letter, Perry called the National Guard deployment “clearly insufficient.”
He also echoed other Republican politicians who have argued border enforcement will be necessary before Congress can take up comprehensive immigration reform:

America cannot have a rational discussion of immigration reform without real, effective border security. The federal government must step up and finally do what is needed to secure our borders.

----------------------

Look, I am from Texas and I can tell you right now that we need that help. We need it and Obama won't give it. Don't you EVER, EVER try and tell me we CAN'T SECURE OUR BORDERS. Because that is a fucking lie.

The government's been cracking down on the border? What planet are you living on, James? The governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has been waiting on the feds for more help for MONTHS.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) hand-delivered a letter to President Barack Obama today requesting 1,000 additional troops to the Texas-Mexico border. Obama deployed 1,200 National Guard troops to states bordering Mexico on Aug. 1, but only 250 were sent to Texas. In the full letter, Perry called the National Guard deployment “clearly insufficient.”
He also echoed other Republican politicians who have argued border enforcement will be necessary before Congress can take up comprehensive immigration reform:

America cannot have a rational discussion of immigration reform without real, effective border security. The federal government must step up and finally do what is needed to secure our borders.

----------------------

Look, I am from Texas and I can tell you right now that we need that help. We need it and Obama won't give it. Don't you EVER, EVER try and tell me we CAN'T SECURE OUR BORDERS. Because that is a fucking lie.

Ever hear of the secure fence act? Yeah it didn't do much good now did it?

Don't act like Obama's not the only one not securing the border-the Republicans had 6 years from 2000-2006 where they held the presidency, house, and senate and didn't beef up security.

And how do you plan on securing 1,950 miles of border with manpower? That's why it can't be done-so you tell me. HOW CAN WE SECURE OUR BORDERS? Because that is the lie.

Last edited:

----------------------

Ever hear of the secure fence act? Yeah it didn't do much good now did it?

Don't act like Obama's not the only one not securing the border-the Republicans had 6 years from 2000-2006 where they held the presidency, house, and senate and didn't beef up security.

And how do you plan on securing 1,950 miles of border with manpower? That's why it can't be done-so you tell me. HOW CAN WE SECURE OUR BORDERS? Because that is the lie.

Not all of the border is accessible....so you don't have to throw a fence up on the entire border, but you would have to increase manpower....that is if you really are serious about securing the border. ( which obviously, your not ).
So your saying because Geo. Bush didn't do it in his tenure that Obama shouldn't do it? Bush SHOULD HAVE secured the border...his failure.
If they would have done it under Reagan when the last amnesty was granted this wouldn't have been an issue.....and they were suppose to, with a democratic Congress and Senate at the time.
This is why we need to secure the border first this time so we don't let these damn politicians get away with it again. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND WHY, NOW???????

Forum List

Back