Your Moral And Intellectual Superiors

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
First ABC mixes up who died in the helicopter crash, then an NBC reporter mixes up the Knicks & Lakers, then Mayor Pete refers to Kobe's work "on the field", & BBC runs an entire segment of LeBron footage thinking it's Kobe.

I can’t be the only one who’s somewhat mystified by the media’s framing of the death of Kobe Bryant as the loss of a cultural icon. A newsworthy tragedy — of course. A major sports story, absolutely. But day after day of “People are sad, Film at 11” masquerading as news is a little out of hand. Or maybe the networks are just pandering to a temporary ratings bump from sports fans.

Pete Buttigieg flubs on Kobe Bryant during Fox News town hall, talks about his 'on the field' and 'off the field' accomplishments

First ABC mixes up who died in the helicopter crash, then an NBC reporter mixes up the Knicks & Lakers, then Mayor Pete refers to Kobe's work "on the field", & BBC runs an entire segment of LeBron footage thinking it's Kobe.

I can’t be the only one who’s somewhat mystified by the media’s framing of the death of Kobe Bryant as the loss of a cultural icon. A newsworthy tragedy — of course. A major sports story, absolutely. But day after day of “People are sad, Film at 11” masquerading as news is a little out of hand. Or maybe the networks are just pandering to a temporary ratings bump from sports fans.

Pete Buttigieg flubs on Kobe Bryant during Fox News town hall, talks about his 'on the field' and 'off the field' accomplishments

Your last statement is correct. It's offsetting the lack of ratings for the Democrats' impeachment.

Your last statement is correct. It's offsetting the lack of ratings for the Democrats' impeachment.

I hate to point it out, but the fact that Democrats aren't at least implying his death is "stealing their thunder" just goes to show you how little impeachment is impacting the general population, and that maybe even the Dem proponents realize deep down it isn't working.

Forum List

Back