Your Favorite Things About Israel

RE: Your Favorite Things About Israel
※→ Sixties Fan, et al,

An excellent gesture. I would only make the following (very minor) point of order.

FEATURED PHOTO: A worshipers holds a Star of David in the forefront of the Western Wall
(COMMENT)

The symbol held in the photo is actually the "Seal of Solomon" (not the Star of David).
Star of David • Seal of Solomon.png

Using the "Seal of Solomon," the first Oration (according to the Ars Notoria • The Notory Art of Solomon) prays for enlightenment (through the heavenly grace King Solomon received his wisdom).

Two important passages of the Oration being: (Copied as published)

• I humbly implore and beseech, that thou wilt mercifully with the Father, illustrate my Minde with the beams of thy holy Spirit, that I may be able to come and attain to the perfection of this most holy Art; and that I may be able to gain the knowledge of every Science, Art, and Wisdom; and of every Faculty of Memory, Intelligences, Understanding, and Intellect, by the Vertue and Power of thy most holy Spirit, and in thy Name.​
And ending with:
• O God the Father, confirm and grant this my Prayer, and increase my Understanding and Memory, and strengthen the same, to know and receive the Science, Memory, Eloquence, and Perseverance in all manner of Learning, who livest and reignest, World without end. Amen.

Source: As translated (from a surviving Latin translation from • King Solomon's written works • which were rendered in Hebrew) and published by: Sir Robert Turner, 12 March 1656...​

It should be remembered that the English style of writing in 1656 was considerably different than the English or American of today. As it is theologically taught today, merely repeating what Sir Robert translated is not the intent of the rending. To actually mean something spitiually, one has to have an understanding of each passage and adjust it to your prayer to the Supreme Being. Believing and understand is critical in such ancient Hebrew prayers.
........•  Smaller then Smallest.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
※→ Sixties Fan, et al,

An excellent gesture. I would only make the following (very minor) point of order.

FEATURED PHOTO: A worshipers holds a Star of David in the forefront of the Western Wall
(COMMENT)

The symbol held in the photo is actually the "Seal of Solomon" (not the Star of David).

Using the "Seal of Solomon," the first Oration (according to the Ars Notoria • The Notory Art of Solomon) prays for enlightenment (through the heavenly grace King Solomon received his wisdom).

Two important passages of the Oration being: (Copied as published)

• I humbly implore and beseech, that thou wilt mercifully with the Father, illustrate my Minde with the beams of thy holy Spirit, that I may be able to come and attain to the perfection of this most holy Art; and that I may be able to gain the knowledge of every Science, Art, and Wisdom; and of every Faculty of Memory, Intelligences, Understanding, and Intellect, by the Vertue and Power of thy most holy Spirit, and in thy Name.​
And ending with:
• O God the Father, confirm and grant this my Prayer, and increase my Understanding and Memory, and strengthen the same, to know and receive the Science, Memory, Eloquence, and Perseverance in all manner of Learning, who livest and reignest, World without end. Amen.

Source: As translated (from a surviving Latin translation from • King Solomon's written works • which were rendered in Hebrew) and published by: Sir Robert Turner, 12 March 1656...​

It should be remembered that the English style of writing in 1656 was considerably different than the English or American of today. As it is theologically taught today, merely repeating what Sir Robert translated is not the intent of the rending. To actually mean something spitiually, one has to have an understanding of each passage and adjust it to your prayer to the Supreme Being. Believing and understand is critical in such ancient Hebrew prayers.
........View attachment 282243
Most Respectfully,
R

Roccor let me clarify one thing,
it is correct that King Solomon knew the wisdom of controlling demons,
as much as the members of Sanhedrion had to be knowledgeable of everything that which the Torah stands against, in order to know how to answer and fight it. However as with much of the material dealing with witchcraft/magic/theosophy that have a common theme of association with King Solomon and Kabalah in some way or another, the source You're referring to, has nothing to do with Jewish heritage and culture.

As far as I know there's no mention of a fundamental difference in a way to draw the symbol either way, or an argument about anything close in authentic Jewish sources. One can find a lot of material on the wisdom of letters and their form, but the direction presented in Your source stands in vivid contrast to the whole spiritual direction of Jewish practice and its intellectual charge.

※→ rylah, et al,

I knew I should not have set that posting, as soon as I sent it.

Roccor let me clarify one thing,
it is correct that King Solomon knew the wisdom of controlling demons,
as much as the members of Sanhedrion had to be knowledgeable of everything that which the Torah stands against, in order to know how to answer and fight it. However as with much of the material dealing with witchcraft/magic/theosophy that have a common theme of association with King Solomon and Kabalah in some way or another, the source You're referring to, has nothing to do with Jewish heritage and culture.

As far as I know there's no mention of a fundamental difference in a way to draw the symbol either way, or an argument about anything close in authentic Jewish sources. One can find a lot of material on the wisdom of letters and their form, but the direction presented in Your source stands in vivid contrast to the whole spiritual direction of Jewish practice and its intellectual charge.
(APOLOGY)

Not wishing to derail the discussion, I STAND CORRECTED and apologize.

Sincerely
R

The Hebrew Year 5780 Has Begun. How Will You begin This Year?

FEATURED PHOTO: When you plant a tree with Israel365, you can include personal blessings and prayers.

The word of Hashem came to me: What do you see, Yirmiyahu?
I replied: I see a branch of an almond tree

Jeremiah 1:11 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

vai-HEE d’-var a-do-NAI ay-LAI lay-MOR mah a-TAH ro-EH yir-m’-YA-hu va-o-MAR
ma-KAYL sha-KAYD a-NEE ro-EH

The Bible is full of references to trees and highlights the utmost importance of planting trees in the Land of Israel.

EFFAx8wXoAAE09R.jpg

I’m in Sderot, which means only one thing: the ‘Ramzor’ (traffic light)#hummus dish
at “Hummus Shel Tehina” restaurant, the coolest place in town (and best hummus in southern Israel)
1f1ee-1f1f1.png

Ido Daniel on Twitter

4 Shofar types: How to choose the perfect shofar?
Shofars: made from kudu or ram’s horn, natural in textured body or polished and refined, always in the center of Jewish life.

Shofars: made from kudu or ram’s horn, natural in textured body or polished and refined, dark brown or beautiful in light brown color strokes, hand-painted or adorned with silver plates, the Shofar comes in various styles and designs, and nonetheless, it is always in the center of Jewish life.

So many shofar styles to choose from and pressure to make the right decision, whether you are searching for a wedding or holiday gift, or shopping for yourself; the Shofar is a key piece in any Jewish life and family traditions. Therefore, we have sorted things out for you and created
this special Shofar guide: 4 Shofar types: How to choose the perfect shofar?

778804.jpg

Forum List

Back