you'll never guess who made a 'profit'

I'm too lazy to look it up, but wasn't it AIG that ended up in a stew of controversy when folks found out huge bonuses were going to be paid to some execs after the bailout?

And if I'm barking up the correct tree here, wasn't it then discovered that some language authorizing the bonuses sort of mysteriously got slipped into some bill, something then Dim Senator Dodd had no idea about? Until the next day after CNN turned the heat up so much that the good senator had to admit he was the culprit who who tweaked said bill with the bonus language.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but wasn't it AIG that ended up in a stew of controversy when folks found out huge bonuses were going to be paid to some execs after the bailout?

And if I'm barking up the correct tree here, wasn't it then discovered that some language authorizing the bonuses sort of mysteriously got slipped into some bill, something then Dim Senator Dodd had no idea about? Until the next day after CNN turned the heat up so much that the good senator had to admit he was the culprit who who tweaked said bill with the bonus language.

Yea, I think I vaguely remember that. lol

Seeing as how you are from a galaxy far, far away. :)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/business/15AIG.html

But they loaned out 7.77 TRILLION.

Suddenly 77 Billion don't look so big does it?

Exactly. They right wingers are pretending like we've made a profit, when we're still massively in debt from W bailing out his cronies on our dime.

You mean Congress didn't agree to this mass stupidity? I thought Obama was one of those 77 Senators that flew to DC to make his yes vote. In fact more Democratic Congressmen voted for this than Repulicans.

In fact I didn't vote for McCain or Obama because of their poor judgement.

So it is not a left right issue, because both parties were complicit in passing this bill and both parties were complicit in bringing down the economy.

So stuff the partisan bullshit and own up to the mistakes and get them out of Congress.

Neither did I! Let's share a scotch... Partisanship is really what's destroying this country. Stay classy, America.

Forum List

Back