You wanna pay 3% taxes?

Do you know how much money the churches give to charity . help the homeless, help women who come from an abusive relation. With NO help from the government with the exception of lower taxes. I bet if you tax them more they would not provide these services .

i would prefer to tax the churches.

What would they be taxed on if all donations given to them are spent or forwarded to other charities?

property taxes... :thup:

Do you know how much money the churches give to charity . help the homeless, help women who come from an abusive relation. With NO help from the government with the exception of lower taxes. I bet if you tax them more they would not provide these services .

Probably much less then everyone imagines.

I would think it depends on the church. I've been to some that do virtually nothing to help the community and others that do all they can.

What would they be taxed on if all donations given to them are spent or forwarded to other charities?

Like I said that more than 100 year old church in Tacoma, right across from Wright Park would cease to exist. No more place for homeless families to stay for free and get free meals while working with the state to find help for them on a more permanent basis.

Better yet, start your own "ministry" and pay no taxes!

That's what L.Ron Hubbard did. He invented the Church of Scientology to escape taxes and got away with somehow despite the fact that "contributions" for services aren't optional, they're a price list.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.

Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.

L. Ron Hubbard - Wikiquote

580690_523148011040402_477771823_n.jpg

How long are we gonna put up with being forced to pay their share?

Okay, I have to call you out on this one. Here is a link to someone who thinks churches should pay taxes. He claims the tax exemption that churches receive costs taxpayers $71 billion per year. Your hilarious claim is that by taxing churches, we would only have to pay 3% in taxes, therefore, churches would be covering 97% of all taxes or close to $3.5 trillion per year.

Do you see how this is hocus pocus? Please rethink this one.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions: $71,000,000,000

He's an imbecile. He doesn't think.

Like I said that more than 100 year old church in Tacoma, right across from Wright Park would cease to exist. No more place for homeless families to stay for free and get free meals while working with the state to find help for them on a more permanent basis.

see.....I dont care if it would cease to exist. They own property... and should pay tax on it. They being in money...and should pay tax on that too.

see.....I dont care if it would cease to exist. They own property... and should pay tax on it. They being in money...and should pay tax on that too.

So are you going to open your home to all those homeless families? Are you going to cook them dinner, breakfast and work with the state to find them something more permanent? Or are you just going to drive by them on the street as they are living out of their cars, or sleeping in the gutters? The property wasn't worth that much when the church was built more than 100 years ago, now you want it gone because they can't possibly pay the property taxes. You are delusional if you think that church is "in the money". The members of the church volunteer to come in and cook meals, and they bring the food and pay for it themselves, the church doesn't even have the money to pay for the meals.

I've been asked to cook meals for our local women's shelter a couple of times and I've had to turn them down because I can't afford to buy the food myself. Fortunately they find others who can buy the food or raise the funds for it. You really should get involved in a church and find out what they really do before you are so all thrilled about closing them down. Do you really think that our state, our government would pick up the slack? No, you'd end up with NO taxes and NO benefits to the people, it's a lose lose situation.

So are you going to open your home to all those homeless families? Are you going to cook them dinner, breakfast and work with the state to find them something more permanent?
Or are you just going to drive by them on the street as they are living out of their cars, or sleeping in the gutters? The property wasn't worth that much when the church was built more than 100 years ago, now you want it gone because they can't possibly pay the property taxes. You are delusional if you think that church is "in the money". The members of the church volunteer to come in and cook meals, and they bring the food and pay for it themselves, the church doesn't even have the money to pay for the meals.

I've been asked to cook meals for our local women's shelter a couple of times and I've had to turn them down because I can't afford to buy the food myself. Fortunately they find others who can buy the food or raise the funds for it. You really should get involved in a church and find out what they really do before you are so all thrilled about closing them down. Do you really think that our state, our government would pick up the slack? No, you'd end up with NO taxes and NO benefits to the people, it's a lose lose situation.

what makes you think i have not?

So are you going to open your home to all those homeless families? Are you going to cook them dinner, breakfast and work with the state to find them something more permanent?
Or are you just going to drive by them on the street as they are living out of their cars, or sleeping in the gutters? The property wasn't worth that much when the church was built more than 100 years ago, now you want it gone because they can't possibly pay the property taxes. You are delusional if you think that church is "in the money". The members of the church volunteer to come in and cook meals, and they bring the food and pay for it themselves, the church doesn't even have the money to pay for the meals.

Doesn't matter what you have or have not done. You want the churches to pay taxes which will most likely end all these programs and you don't have enough money to replace all those programs. If you were Bill Gates you wouldn't have enough money to replace all those programs.

If churches and labor unions paid taxes, we could cut the income tax to 1/10th of 1 percent.

Making up bullshit is fun!

Doesn't matter what you have or have not done. You want the churches to pay taxes which will most likely end all these programs and you don't have enough money to replace all those programs. If you were Bill Gates you wouldn't have enough money to replace all those programs.

again... i dont care. In my opinion churches should pay just as much in taxes as i do.... espcialy for property.

Doing good deeds should not exempt you from paying your fair share.

If churches and labor unions paid taxes, we could cut the income tax to 1/10th of 1 percent.

see, for me it has nothing to do with how much it would impact the deficit and what others pay in taxes.

the way i see it... all churches should be paying tax.

again... i dont care. In my opinion churches should pay just as much in taxes as i do.... espcialy for property.

Doing good deeds should not exempt you from paying your fair share.

I got it. You don't care how many people die of hunger or exposure as long as the churches pay taxes. I will pray for you, like I said, Karma is a bitch and I really hope it doesn't come back at you all at once.

see, for me it has nothing to do with how much it would impact the deficit and what others pay in taxes.

the way i see it... all churches should be paying tax.

The way I see it, we should stop taxing production and start taxing consumption.

What if a church has no 'worship' building, or if the property they do have is a homeless shelter, a hospital, free clinic or a school?

What do you think of this statement?

"Taxing churches breaks down the healthy separation of church and state and leads to the destruction of the free exercise of religion"

Forum List

Back