You know you’re old when……

there goes.jpeg

(1) I am 86.

(2) I know that one is old when one stops taking for granted the ability to walk.

(3) When I was a mere 85, I walked three or four miles several times a week to the store. Like you young folks, I just assumed that I could walk safely.

(4) Then a doctor gave me something that took away all my testosterone and subsequently my muscle mass -- and my self-confidence!

(5) I have not walked to the store for the last 14 months.

(1) I am 86.

(2) I know that one is old when one stops taking for granted the ability to walk.

(3) When I was a mere 85, I walked three or four miles several times a week to the store. Like you young folks, I just assumed that I could walk safely.

(4) Then a doctor gave me something that took away all my testosterone and subsequently my muscle mass -- and my self-confidence!

(5) I have not walked to the store for the last 14 months.
Frustrating to think of all the things you once did without concern, but you can't do now. I don't even repair my own car any more. I never thought that would happen.

I laugh at myself practically every morning when I get up out of bed bent over and taking small steps until I can actually stand up.

Forum List

Back