You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

fuzzykitten99 said:
hardy har har :moon4: :finger3:

fook me?!....fook u:fifty:

btw....another picnic short of a few sandwiches got another raise at my office....i am thinking about fooking some stuff up to get a raise.....oh and my new sexetary.....could make a good dog break his leash.....

love and rockest and a bottle of vino....flying solo on the nite....i see a blue velvet moment coming on

You know what really grinds my gears?
So I'm in the grocery store when it's fairly busy and all of the sudden This lady stops in the middle of the aisle and starts staring blankly not even noticing that there are 5 people behind her trying to get through.
Even worse when they stop to start up a conversation with a friend.
That really steams my broccoli.

You took a good idea and made it better by posting it on a message board ? :huh:

You know what really grinds my gears?
People who think that everything should be original.
There's nothing wrong with "Influence".
I took a good idea and made it better.
GET OVER IT!!!

You took a good idea and made it better by posting it on a message board ? :huh:

Kinda, it's not just one person complaining. It's open for everyone to share their
opinion. Why are you being a Dick? I know my place on this board and it's
usually more humorous than serious. Does every joke on this board have to
be original? Did you think I was trying to take credit for this being original?
I guess I better run to my "Let's play Jeopardy" thread and admit that it's
not original either. You sir, are a tool!!!

It really grinds my gears when the newspaper doesn't come early enough for me to read it! :coffee3:

It really grinds my gears when the newspaper doesn't come early enough for me to read it! :coffee3:

That used to bug me to no end! The paper didn't arrive until after I left for work! No matter how many times I called to complain, it didn't get better. The problem was the newspaper couldn't find paper carriers who were willing to deliver the paper before 6 or 7 am.

But I found a solution! I cancelled my subscription! I now read the paper online and it doesn't cost me a cent. I have a laptop that I use at my breakfast table, so I read the paper online, go to USMB, read Drudge and lately, I've started reading a passage or two from the Bible... all online.

Then when I'm done with breakfast, I go to an online music station, and listen to music while I do the breakfast dishes.

Yes, I'm a techno - geek, and I'm proud!

Now for my list of things that grind my gears (Part I)

1. People who only know you when they need you for something. Apparently, they have operate under the notion that others are a power tool, a computer, an ATM and not people with feelings.

2. People who do not return phone calls, do not reply to emails and otherwise ignore a request to do something at work. Not only is this unprofessional, it's rude. Apparently these people subscribe to the philosophy, "if you ignore something long enough, it will go away" or "I'm too busy to take one minute to type a few words in reply your email and press the 'SEND' button"

3. RUDE PEOPLE... or did I already say that? Here are some words everyone should use... "Please", "Thank You", "I'm sorry", "I was wrong" that's not a complete list, but I believe it covers about 95% of the situations in life. I can think of many situations where bad feelings could have been avoided by simply using these few words!

4. Phonies, people who have the attitude that they're better than you and talk down to you, and "little Hitlers". Little Hitlers? Those are people who feel it is up to them to not only ensure that the rules are enforced, but that any amendment to the rules that they make up at that moment should also be observed! I guess they fancy themselves the boss's right hand man or woman....

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
Now for my list of things that grind my gears (Part I)

1. People who only know you when they need you for something. Apparently, they have operate under the notion that others are a power tool, a computer, an ATM and not people with feelings.

2. People who do not return phone calls, do not reply to emails and otherwise ignore a request to do something at work. Not only is this unprofessional, it's rude. Apparently these people subscribe to the philosophy, "if you ignore something long enough, it will go away" or "I'm too busy to take one minute to type a few words in reply your email and press the 'SEND' button"

3. RUDE PEOPLE... or did I already say that? Here are some words everyone should use... "Please", "Thank You", "I'm sorry", "I was wrong" that's not a complete list, but I believe it covers about 95% of the situations in life. I can think of many situations where bad feelings could have been avoided by simply using these few words!

4. Phonies, people who have the attitude that they're better than you and talk down to you, and "little Hitlers". Little Hitlers? Those are people who feel it is up to them to not only ensure that the rules are enforced, but that any amendment to the rules that they make up at that moment should also be observed! I guess they fancy themselves the bosses right hand man or woman....

It's selfishness taking over again--mutual respect and "the Golden Rule" seemed to have been repealed.

Most already know what I think of rude people. A few manners can get you quite far with me. I believe this is also evident in marriages that go awry. They start with forgetting their manners.

As far as people who ony know you when they need something....I find this ALL TOO OFTEN. I will listen to a person about their woes for d-a-y-s. But by golly, let you answer their question with a, " Things aren't going to well today" and they've suddenly remembered they have something else they need to do. STOP calling ME with YOUR PROBLEMS. I have enough of my own.

Most already know what I think of rude people. A few manners can get you quite far with me. I believe this is also evident in marriages that go awry. They start with forgetting their manners.

As far as people who ony know you when they need something....I find this ALL TOO OFTEN. I will listen to a person about their woes for d-a-y-s. But by golly, let you answer their question with a, " Things aren't going to well today" and they've suddenly remembered they have something else they need to do. STOP calling ME with YOUR PROBLEMS. I have enough of my own.

Pleaseeee be more tolerant of rude people, Joz. They don't really mean to be that way.
Thanks ever so much !!!

Dillo :p:

You know what really grinds my gears? Managers who don't respect anybody's time but their own. You know the kind. They'll wait until you're at work to tell you to come in an hour later to avoid overtime because it was too much trouble to call. They'll slash the hours of anybody they can get away with because you obviously don't need any money. They'll call you in the middle of your day off when you're more than half an hour away with your dad who only comes home from his consulting job every other week and it just happens to be the weekend after your birthday, and they only call you so they can try to guilt you into cancelling your whole afternoon so you can come in for five minutes for a performance evaluation. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Sometimes I hate Fridays as much as Mondays.
It never fails, I'm usually the only person from my team (4 people + me) to
show up on Friday. I'm caught up for the week by Thursday, but with 4
people gone, I get backed up again. Ya'll can kiss my ass!

Rude people are probably my biggest pet peeve in life. It's not even rude people so much, but inconsiderate people. They don't even rise to the level of being actively rude. It's like they don't even consider that anyone else even exists or matters.

The supermarket is hell. Absolute hell. I never, not once, have ever gone into a supermarket where I haven't encountered at least one person who wasn't blocking an aisle. What do these people think? Nobody is EVER going to want to come down the same aisle as them? Do these people have no peripheral vision? It never fails. They'll stop, then stand next to their carts so nobody can get by. If there is one of those free standing displays, they'll park their carts right next to it. If somebody is already stopped, they'll stop right next to them.

God, I really hate the supermarket.

What pisses me off is:- Bad breath.

There was this cute chick who had just come to my class. She was a new student and I was desperate to be the first one to introduce myself. I came near her and I warmly told her "Welcome . What's your name?"

As soon as she said " Thanks.." I almost fainted. I just muttered to her something and beat the shit outta there. I mean her breath was so bad it could stop a raging bull in its tracks!!!!

Why can't some people BRUSH properly and come ???
:gang1:

Akshay

What pisses me off is:- Bad breath.

There was this cute chick who had just come to my class. She was a new student and I was desperate to be the first one to introduce myself. I came near her and I warmly told her "Welcome . What's your name?"

As soon as she said " Thanks.." I almost fainted. I just muttered to her something and beat the shit outta there. I mean her breath was so bad it could stop a raging bull in its tracks!!!!

Why can't some people BRUSH properly and come ???
:gang1:

Akshay

I worked with a guy who was a raging alcoholic. I mean bad. I don't know what kind of booze he drank, but you couldn't get anywhere near him without smelling it on him. It was like it came out of his pores or something.

We had this computer terminal where we'd input our timesheets every week and it was behind a wall, so where I sat I couldn't see if anyone was sitting at it unless I walked around the wall. Oh, GOD! I walked over there one day and as soon as I cleared the wall I could smell it. He was sitting there and I just said "Oh, I'll come back". It was all I could not to gag. It was like BO mixed with gin.

Forum List

Back