You Just Won The Lotto

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Two scenarios.

1. You win enough so you don't have to work but you have to be economical. Do you continue to work 45 hours a week?

Me, I'd keep working until I had enough NO WAY I'd ever run out. No possible emergency could wipe me out. Id probably put the money in a safe annuity and live off the payments. I'd be modest and not blow the money. I wouldn't buy a bigger place I'd just pimp out mine.

2. You won a mega. Where would you go and what would you do?

My family goes to Greece every year around july-august so two months a year would be in Greece. September would be all about hunting up north Michigan Oct 1 thru Jan 1.

Where to go jan-april 1st. Somewhere warm. I usually say Florida but there are so many cool places. Maybe I would live somewhere different every year these 3 months.

April-july 5th I would live local but on a much more rich lake. I live on a lake with upper middle class people now. There are lakes where every home is a couple million $. I'd live in a better area code.

Or I'd get an RV and take trips in it.

I have very little interest in bling, expensive cars, etc but I would have a sweet Jeep and a sports car.

Definitely a sailboat on the great lakes.

Maybe a massive yacht in a marina on the Florida keys or a houseboat on lake Cumberland.

A helicopter.

Horses, dogs, barn, land, rescue cats.

If you were in my posse you'd never have to worry about money.

Anonymous donations to people who need it. Not to charity. Directly to the person who needs help.

Piston, tiger, lions, uofm, msu, redwing games.

Fine dining, best clothes, more toys like side by sides, another quad, another jetski

A $1 lotto ticket is worth every penny

Last edited:
"If you were in my possession you'd never have to worry about money."

Huh? You mean "your women" I'm guessing.....LOL! Possession.

First Dean went wacko.....now you too? Somethings up.....Trump? You just realized it I would bet. You and ole' dizzy Dean too? Lol!

If I won like half a billion screw everybody else. I will be economical by spending the money to create economic velocity.

"If you were in my possession you'd never have to worry about money."

Huh? You mean "your women" I'm guessing.....LOL! Possession.

First Dean went wacko.....now you too? Somethings up.....Trump? You just realized it I would bet. You and ole' dizzy Dean too? Lol!
Posse! If you were in my posse. Auto correct filled in the ssion.

What would you do if you won a mega? What cities States would you live in? What would you do?

Two scenarios.

1. You win enough so you don't have to work but you have to be economical. Do you continue to work 45 hours a week?

Me, I'd keep working until I had enough NO WAY I'd ever run out. No possible emergency could wipe me out. Id probably put the money in a safe annuity and live off the payments. I'd be modest and not blow the money. I wouldn't buy a bigger place I'd just pimp out mine.

My family goes to Greece every year around july-august so two months a year would be in Greece. September would be all about hunting up north Michigan Oct 1 thru Jan 1.

Where to go jan-april 1st. Somewhere warm. I usually say Florida but there are so many cool places. Maybe I would live somewhere different every year these 3 months.

April-july 5th I would live local but on a much more rich lake. I live on a lake with upper middle class people now. There are lakes where every home is a couple million $. I'd live in a better area code.

I have very little interest in bling, expensive cars, etc but I would have a sweet Jeep and a sports car.

Maybe a massive yacht in a marina on the Florida keys or a houseboat on lake Cumberland.

A helicopter.

Anonymous donations to people who need it. Not to charity. Directly to the person who needs help.

Fine dining, best clothes, more toys like side by sides, another quad, another jetski

Hand the lawyers a retainer go find a safe place while the lawyer takes out the thieves who made up deeds to our property while the banksters were trying to turn us into ashes. Send the dogs in for a good grooming. Buy two things I have wanted for years but never took the time to spend the money on them as I thought they would be more like luxury items to have.

1st Scenario I would live frugal and not work.

2nd scenario homes for my family and friends. Pay off debts for people I am close to.
What would you do for fun? What would make you happy? What toys? How would you be charitable?

My job would be to work out for two hours every day. I don't think it's healthy to have nothing to do. So every day is go to the gym, work out, sauna and massage every day. Haircut every week. I think I'd keep very busy without work.

And like mitt Romney ID watch my portfolio and call that work.

I'd like to fix up old cars for a hobby too.

2nd scenario homes for my family and friends. Pay off debts for people I am close to.
Would they have to work? Would you live in the town you live in now? I would leave my area code and stay connected to my real friends but I'd never go to local bars and have everybody asking you for money.

I'd move to gated communities.

Two scenarios.

A helicopter.

Hand the lawyers a retainer go find a safe place while the lawyer takes out the thieves who made up deeds to our property while the banksters were trying to turn us into ashes. Send the dogs in for a good grooming. Buy two things I have wanted for years but never took the time to spend the money on them as I thought they would be more like luxury items to have.
What two things?

First I would donate 10% to my church.

Second I would donate another 10% to my favorite secret charity.

Third, I would put the entire amount into IRAs and Roth IRAs, and invest aggressively into at least a half dozens mutual funds.

Fourth, using the revenue from the investments, I would find some place that did not have a battered women's shelter, and open one.

Fifth, I would then join some charitable organization, working about... 30 hours a week, and spend the rest of my time, running my podcast.

Oh, I would also fix the air conditioning in my 2003 Grand Marquis.

First I would donate 10% to my church.

Second I would donate another 10% to my favorite secret charity.

Third, I would put the entire amount into IRAs and Roth IRAs, and invest aggressively into at least a half dozens mutual funds.

Fourth, using the revenue from the investments, I would find some place that did not have a battered women's shelter, and open one.

Fifth, I would then join some charitable organization, working about... 30 hours a week, and spend the rest of my time, running my podcast.

Oh, I would also fix the air conditioning in my 2003 Grand Marquis.
I always thought it'd be cool to take the 3500 foster kids in Michigan and buy them Xmas presents every year and pay for 2 years of college.

Two scenarios.

A helicopter.

What two things?
A new microscope and computerized embroidery machine.

Two scenarios.

A helicopter.

Could care less about the first scenario. In the second I would set up a foundation that actually helped people. Don't know what the focus would be, but the net result would be better lives for those who deserved it.

Two scenarios.

A helicopter.

What two things?
A new microscope and computerized embroidery machine.

Ever see a tardigrade?

How about a sweet telescope for star gazing?

Would they have to work? Would you live in the town you live in now? I would leave my area code and stay connected to my real friends but I'd never go to local bars and have everybody asking you for money.

I'd move to gated communities.
They had a serial rapist living in one in WD for years. The people thought they were safe behind the gates and fence.

I would pay off my daughter's college tuition and set up a trust fund for her that she could only get yearly and not all at once. Same for my son. Then I would pay off my little brother's new home he just had built and create college trust funds for his children. I would find friends that were going through tough times and help them.

Then I would randomly look for people that needed help and spend it until I didn't have a single dime left. There is nothing on this planet, no earthly possession or pleasure that "jazzes" me...at least not one that could entice me to splurge on when so many have so little. You might say that I had a life altering change of priorities when I lived in Detroit for three years.

Forum List

Back