You haven't lost anything until you sell

yea, privatizing it is a good idea when everytime the world farts burps or coughs their retirement is at a big time risk like this. strong idea.

You the one that is nuts. But I do believe your are dumb enough to put all your eggs in one basket.

You "do believe" because you "believe" things short of having sufficient empirical data, i.e. what you just did. Need I say more?

30 to 40 years in the stock market have you eating crow.

I put all my risky money into Gold back when I coud get it for around 550.
I saw what was coming. I have not regretted it a bit yet.
I had been playing the market and oing very well but knew that was coming to an end.

You "do believe" because you "believe" things short of having sufficient empirical data, i.e. what you just did. Need I say more?

ANyone reading your posts has prima facie evidence that you are a world class moron. Although I appreciate your memorializing my best statements in your sig lines.

Oh yeah, and your music sucks.

I think you just described yourself, pretty perfectly. It's enjoyful seeing you owned by 87 everytime you try to talk economics.

e.t.a. thanks for helping my page views.

I described myself as memorializing myself in your sig lines? Are you insane?
I am sure you enjoy seeing it as you know so little you cannot engage in dialogue.

As for your OP, it is of course wrong.

umm, no. thaT WAS EASY AND AS FACT FILLED AS YOUR POST, RABIES.

crow's prolly alright if you cook it right thumbs up

LOL

Do you find comfort in the government spending SS and replacing it with IOUs?

"find comfort?"

No.

I also don't find comfort knowing that if y'all had it privatized, then my Gram would be po' right now, today, because of the greedy scumbags that control the stock market, aka the economy.

So either or, I'm uncomfortable about SS. Do I dwell on it? N'aw, not really. Roll with the punches and keep my soon to be born, and wifey safe. My dog's definitely a pussy though, so I guess I better protect her, too.

LOL

I don't worry about it all that much... unless some right wing extremists that unwittingly represent Wall Street decide it would be a good idea to privatize it... oh wait.... yeah... I'm worried.

Maybe i should call JG Wentworth or something.

Yeah... Unfortunately.... there are people who retired last week and need to live on what they've saved up through investing. Which is why I am against Privatizing Social Security.

But for those not in that position... you are correct.

Except for the fact that SocSec is broke, you'd be correct which is why anybody who understands it is for privatizing SocSec.

Dems 2008: These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2011: These two entities — Social Security and Medicare — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

It is not broke, it actually has a 2.6T surplus and can pay 100% benefits(even accounting for Boomers) until 2037... when(if nothing is done by then) the payout drops to 78%.

As for the rest of your post... just more bullshit.

It's broke, dead broke, if it were a private fund it would be bankrupt and the officers and directors hauled off to prison.

They have abused the full faith and credit of the USA.

If it were not able to borrow currently, it could not pay out obligation TODAY in 2011! How the hell do you think it lasts until 2037?

LOL

"find comfort?"

No.

I also don't find comfort knowing that if y'all had it privatized, then my Gram would be po' right now, today, because of the greedy scumbags that control the stock market, aka the economy.

So either or, I'm uncomfortable about SS. Do I dwell on it? N'aw, not really. Roll with the punches and keep my soon to be born, and wifey safe. My dog's definitely a pussy though, so I guess I better protect her, too.

You dont think she's poor now, relying on a government that has nothing but IOUs?

LOL

"find comfort?"

No.

You dont think she's poor now, relying on a government that has nothing but IOUs?

She's not poor, now. She has assets she can liquidate if needed, but her groceries and shit are paid be her ss, which she paid into.

No, she's not broke because they haven't stopped paying her.

LOL

"find comfort?"

No.

10% was all that was recommended, With you having limited choices where it could be invested. With proper oversight and strict audit requirements. It could have been a boom for our economy.

Some people just need their hands held because they cower from responsibility.

LOL

"find comfort?"

No.

10% was all that was recommended, With you having limited choices where it could be invested. With proper oversight and strict audit requirements. It could have been a boom for our economy.

Some people just need their hands held because they cower from responsibility.

with all due respect, that sounds only slightly, but not much different.

please remember that today, you reactionary set of bitches out there. Thanks!

Pretty much agree, so long as the companies are profitable, and especially if they are paying dividends. Just reinvest the dividends into more stock at a cheaper price. When the stocks rebound, you'll be sitting pretty. However, if companies are losing money, you might want have to seriously consider dumping.

please remember that today, you reactionary set of bitches out there. Thanks!

Umm...no.
All of the talking heads want 401k'ers to remain like sheep and leave it in "for the long run". That is because if legions of 401k'ers removed their money from stocks it would cause a major downward decline that would be reminiscent of 2008.
"Leaving your money in" is for suckers, fools. You think these guys leave their money in? Hell NO!
I made a fortune taking my my money out just prior to the 2008 crash and putting it back in after it crashed, removed it again mid-2009, put it back in late 2009 and took it back out before this crash.

Not making money is the same as losing money.

That's great if you can time it just perfectly. However, if you take it all out now, and it rebounds in short order, which I think it will this time, then you will lose. There is a big difference between now and 2008. In 2008, if you didn't know the crash was coming you were a fool. Today is much different. Despite horrible economic growth and extremely high unemployment, most companies are sitting on tons of cash. They are set up to operate profitably even in this slow economy. And despite how bad things are, I don't see us losing another 5 million jobs. We seem to be in a stagnant economy that just isn't moving in either direction.

You have already missed the opportunity to sell. Selling now only cements your loss. If you are diversified, you should be able to ride it out

Big surprise, the markets aren't responding well to the Obama downgrade.

I do believe you are mistaken. In fact, I know you are mistaken. It is the Republican's downgrade. They get the credit. Obama offered a compromise plan that cut over $4 trillion, but the Republicans didn't want to cut that much.

Forum List

Back