"You have humiliated us"

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.

Ret. Navy Admiral to Trump: ‘I Would Consider It an Honor if You Would Revoke My Security Clearance’
McRaven-4.jpg

a Washington Post op-ed Thursday afternoon. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him."

ADVERTISING
McRaven gave 37 years of his life to the Navy before retiring in 2014 with the honor of being the longest serving Navy SEAL to still be on duty.

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven continues.

Admiral McRaven also served as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), and ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command, and just retired as chancellor of the University of Texas System.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," the Admiral continues. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

The Post includes this short clip of McRaven calling Trump's attack on the free press as "the enemy of the American people," possibly "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime.

THANK YOU, ADMIRAL McRAVEN! He and John Brennan are STANDING UP FOR THE U.S.A.! If I cannot be literally at your side, I, as an American, will be standing at your side in thought and spirit. I am so proud of you both. It is so wonderful to see true Patriots standing up for all of us.

Good he is retired.

Obviously your best days are over, Sir!

He's retired, he doesn't need clearance, revoke it

Yeah, retired people are losers, right? Trump only does winners, and as he's the only US president, he's the only winner, everyone else is a loser.

I never said that...did I?

You loons really need to stop making shit up when you're butthurt

He's retired what does he need clearance for and from his whining (and Brennan's) it's probably wise to revoke it who knows what lengths they will go to

The President is Commander-in-Chief, giving him the authority to revoke the security clearance of any who possess it.

He wouldn't say this if he were still active duty and you wouldn't support him at all if he said the same thing about Obama.

Case closed.
Case open and he through his service to this country .is far more entitled to his thoughts on the ah in our wh than you can ever be
He is entitled to his thoughts when he is retired. As a member of the military, his thoughts are to remain private as his duty is to the Constitution, the Country, and his commander, regardless of who that is or what their politics are.

As a retired member of the Military, he has no need for a security clearance. So his bravado rings just a bit hollow.

However, if he had said this about Obama, you'd be calling him a traitor, let's not pretend otherwise.

Get your sorry ass out of this country traitor Trump is less than a scumbag next to this man ,,as you are too

Address my post and save your false bravado, punk

There is no reason for the retired admiral to have a security clearance
He has one and he wants your scumbag to take it away

Trump should honor his wish...that'd be hilarious

He wouldn't say this if he were still active duty and you wouldn't support him at all if he said the same thing about Obama. Case closed.
Yes, the case is closed, because Obama is a president of moral rectitude while Trump is simply a moral wreck.

Yeah, retired people are losers, right? Trump only does winners, and as he's the only US president, he's the only winner, everyone else is a loser.

He's retired what does he need clearance for and from his whining (and Brennan's) it's probably wise to revoke it who knows what lengths they will go to
You moron These men are part of the bravest who ever served our country and your dumb ass still supports the scum in our WH ..... FN traitor

Get your sorry ass out of this country traitor Trump is less than a scumbag next to this man ,,as you are too

Trump should honor his wish...that'd be hilarious
Trump has an excellent sense of humor, he actually might honor that moron's wish. I bet all the country will laugh at that Admiral.

I think all who are no longer employed by our government should be stripped of their 'privilege'. It makes no sense to keep it

You moron These men are part of the bravest who ever served our country and your dumb ass still supports the scum in our WH ..... FN traitor
Do you even realize how ignorant you sound with all the name calling?

I think all who are no longer employed by our government should be stripped of their 'privilege'. It makes no sense to keep it

Unless of course the country ends up in sudden war, and then the retired folk with a ton of knowledge might suddenly be called upon.

I'm a Navy brat and have the highest respect for the US Navy...with that said my father (God rest his soul) would have scoffed at the admiral.

My bet is he's an Obama crony

Forum List

Back