You deserve rape

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
The best thing about this is that the university actually lets this guy say these things. I spend so much time harping about how government, in all its forms, oppresses people's rights, I wanted to take the time to point out how it occasionally gets it right.

Warning, the video is long, but still mostly entertaining.

A student notorious at the University of Arizona for his aggressive preaching style was apparently not getting the attention he wanted.
So, he escalated his antics to a whole new level this week. And, to their credit, the school’s administrators seem to be cognizant of First Amendment issues.
Eric Owens of The Daily Caller has he story:
On Tuesday, junior Dean Saxton — widely known as “Brother Dean” — stood in the middle of the sunny campus with a sign blaring, “You deserve rape” in all capital letters. For variety, the classics and religious studies major held two other signs as well, proclaiming, “Frat boyz are the rapists” and “Sorority girls are whores.”

The other side of the “You deserve rape” sign reportedly opined that “Rapists deserve the death penalty.”

» Student?s ?You Deserve Rape? Sign Sparkes Reaction at U. of Arizona - Col·lege In·sur·rec·tion

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing about this is that the university actually lets this guy say these things. I spend so much time harping about how government, in all its forms, oppresses people's rights, I wanted to take the time to point out how it occasionally gets it right.

A student notorious at the University of Arizona for his aggressive preaching style was apparently not getting the attention he wanted.
So, he escalated his antics to a whole new level this week. And, to their credit, the school’s administrators seem to be cognizant of First Amendment issues.
On Tuesday, junior Dean Saxton — widely known as “Brother Dean” — stood in the middle of the sunny campus with a sign blaring, “You deserve rape” in all capital letters. For variety, the classics and religious studies major held two other signs as well, proclaiming, “Frat boyz are the rapists” and “Sorority girls are whores.”

The other side of the “You deserve rape” sign reportedly opined that “Rapists deserve the death penalty.”

» Student?s ?You Deserve Rape? Sign Sparkes Reaction at U. of Arizona - Col·lege In·sur·rec·tion

Yes, harping indeed, willfully ignorant of the fact that Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any point in our Nation’s history.

‘Government’ is not the source of potential threats to our civil liberties, but those who take no action to protect their rights as a consequence of government excess; or others, mostly conservatives, who actively seek to deny others their rights, such as privacy rights for women, equal protection rights for same-sex couples, and due process rights for immigrants.

Yes, harping indeed, willfully ignorant of the fact that Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any point in our Nation’s history.

‘Government’ is not the source of potential threats to our civil liberties, but those who take no action to protect their rights as a consequence of government excess; or others, mostly conservatives, who actively seek to deny others their rights, such as privacy rights for women, equal protection rights for same-sex couples, and due process rights for immigrants.

I'm sorry, those who come here illegally should not given due process under our law. Thomas Jefferson once said that aliens are the subjects of a foreign land; meaning that they are subject to the laws of their progenitors. The only laws here in the US that they are subject to are the laws which send them back home. Government is the threat when the masses look to it for the power to turn the tables on on each other. The government is a weapon to be used, not a tool to be employed. That's how it works. That is what makes it a threat to our civil liberties. It's willingness to sit back and watch as we plead with it to mediate our most treasured freedoms is a threat we also bring on ourselves, too.

And liberals want to tell us what guns we can use
what lightbulbs we can use,
what we can and cannot say,
How much mpg are cars should have
What color of paint on our cars
What the temp in our houses should be
What kind of healthcare
We pay income tax
Death tax
Marriage tax
Wow all this stuff and democrats act like blacks are worse off than during jim crow (I disagree with this thought)

I remember when a work of art mocking a religious figure didn't have people calling it hate speech and saying the artist was actually afraid of the people who believed.

I remember when strict scrutiny was applied to any law in the US that infringed on religious freedom.

I remember when I could get on an airplane without being groped.

I remember when police could not issue warrants without going to a judge.

If you want to try to prove that we enjoy more freedom now than we have at any point in our history you first have to deal with the fact that I can clearly see the changes that occurred in my lifetime. Until you do you are the one that is willfully ignorant.

Government is, and always will the, the source of the largest threat to our civil liberties. Even the government recognizes this, which is why all those things you mentioned are restrictions on the government.

Forum List

Back