You Can't Really Be A Rock 'N' Roller Unless Your Politics Is Extreme Left Wing!

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
You especially can't be a Punk Rocker either. Let's face it all the greatest musicians in the world hold left-wing views in every genre. Look at all the US's greatest musicians they all vote Democrat.

And if your a Trumpster you need to drop any pretensions of loving Rock music. Let's face it like Trump YMCA is the limit of your musical aspirations.

Anarchists do qualify however as being quite cool though how they think it could ever work in practice is another matter.

Just sayin',

Just about everyone in show business, music, sports, media and entertainment are lefties (with a few notable exceptions).

Whereas your average joe isn't.

I think that's quite telling.

Nah...not completely true. I can think of a couple Dee Dee Ramone, John Lydon 'Johnny Rotten' is now very conservative.
Then there were conservative leaning punk bands
Cromags
Gang Green

And then there were Oi! bands (skinheads) like Screwdriver, The Exploited, Cockney Rejects, Combat 84

1626477895612.png

Yeah!!! Uh huh.......

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Just about everyone in show business, music, sports, media and entertainment are lefties (with a few notable exceptions).

Thats cos your average Joe is a dick head. Most people in England are working-class yet they voted in Tory Eton boy Boris. They don't seem to understand the word Conservative. It means keeping that status quo and not allowing anyone outside the fold to ever rise beyond their working-class roots.

There are probably a lot of reasons for that but the biggest one is that traveling the world and meeting all sorts of people makes it difficult to hold narrow, simplistic political views.

Thats cos your average Joe is a dick head. Most people in England are working-class yet they voted in Tory Eton boy Boris. They don't seem to understand the word Conservative. It means keeping that status quo and not allowing anyone outside the fold to ever rise beyond their working-class roots.
1626478852235.png

It would appear that you fit right into that category

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

You especially can't be a Punk Rocker either. Let's face it all the greatest musicians in the world hold left-wing views in every genre. Look at all the US's greatest musicians they all vote Democrat.

And if your a Trumpster you need to drop any pretensions of loving Rock music. Let's face it like Trump YMCA is the limit of your musical aspirations.

Anarchists do qualify however as being quite cool though how they think it could ever work in practice is another matter.

Just sayin',
"Popular" is not the same as "greatest"

Most pop music these days sucks. Derivative, repetitious and annoying.

Nah...not completely true. I can think of a couple Dee Dee Ramone, John Lydon 'Johnny Rotten' is now very conservative.
Cromags
Gang Green

And then there were Oi! bands (skinheads) like Screwdriver, The Exploited, Cockney Rejects, Combat 84
You can't be an American Punk band they are all British. New Wave yes but punk no you don't have the culture to put it over.

This is what punk is all about -

The Snivelling Shits - The best band ever, never to get a recording contract. Who needs the capitalist bastards they were fantastic.

View attachment 513584

It would appear that you fit right into that category

*****CHUCKLE*****

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment!

There are probably a lot of reasons for that but the biggest one is that traveling the world and meeting all sorts of people makes it difficult to hold narrow, simplistic political views.

View attachment 513587

And your worldly travels consisted of what?

Going over into the next hood?

*****CHUCKLE*****

While I am a fantastic karaoke singer I'm hardly a rock star which happens to be the topic at hand.

I understand the contradiction that you're talking about there and I don't disagree.

I think it bubbles down to the Labour party losing their identity though.

That's why the landscape in Scotland is important too. Leftists love the SNP but can't see the irony in that since the Labour vote collapsed completely up here in Scotland, they jumped ship to the SNP and kept the Tories in power.

When Labour were the dominant party in Scotland, the seats they won up here meant that Labour could actually run head-to-head with the Conservatives in General Elections and they'd have shots about in charge and actually be able to provide proper opposition to each other.

We don't have that anymore.

So the collapse of the Labour party is a disaster in Scotland as it kept the SNP at bay and also UK-wide too because it now means the Tories have a monopoly on running the country too - which isn't healthy.

None of the parties in the UK represent me the way I'd like. The one that ticks most boxes is probably Conservatives but that doesn't mean I particularly like them either.

I'd love a strong Labour back that I could vote for in Scotland because for me they were the perfect compromise in that they were pro-Union, for the working class and whilst they were always left-leaning, I could live with it because it was well-intended

Last edited:

Just sayin',
GFY.

Just sayin',

Teddy is one of the greatest guitarists in history....

Cromags
Gang Green

You can't be an American Punk band they are all British. New Wave yes but punk no you don't have the culture to put it over.

The Snivelling Shits - The best band ever, never to get a recording contract. Who needs the capitalist bastards they were fantastic.

The Ramones, Gang Green, and the Cro-Mags are American ya fuckin pogue.

In a similar vein to the OP and extending it across the Arts to the acting profession.
All the best US Actors are Left Wing and Democrats. Robert De Niro & Meryl Streep for starters.

Let's see what Robert De Niro has to say on the subject -

Cromags
Gang Green

The Ramones, Gang Green, and the Cro-Mags are American ya fuckin pogue.

Ok, I'll let you off with the Ramones and they were in the right time frame but not the others as authentic punk as a genre ended in 79 when the Pistols split. Everything after can only be classed as New Wave.

Forum List

Back