You are offered $10,000,000

The catch is that you must attend weekly worship services of a faith other than your own for the rest of your life.

What do you do?
Take it and hope it's not the Mormons!

My Dad is a Mormon and God bless him, but Mormonism is just plain stupid. I've visited their church on Sundays and was told because I wasn't a member I had to wait outside. Yeah well, fuck you too. That never happened at any Christian Church I've been to.

I would worship Allah before I'd practice the Mormon "faith". Anything but the Mormons! :lol:

For the record: After being a Baptized Christian I've become Agnostic. I believe in God but I know no one can really prove His existence. So why argue?

Hmmmm ....

Which state? What kind of activity was going on? What were you wearing?

That's a family joke.... from back when my parents didn't have much money. Mom would say (and still does) that 'money won't buy happiness' and my Dad would respond with 'no, but we can be miserable in comfort'. :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't. Because my faith is more valuable to me than money. But, I don't have kids.... and, if you've raised your kids to be responsible grown ups, your daughter probably wouldn't want you to sacrifice your principles for her benefit. At least, I wouldn't want my parents to.
All the OP says is that you have to attend once a week. It doesn't say you have to stop believing what you believe or convert.

When I figure the hourly rate I would be paid for that, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And, I can learn about others' beliefs first hand while I am there.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Hey, Catholics have only just - in the past couple of decades - got over the whole existence of other Christian faiths. :lol:

They got over it? Wow.:lol:

All the OP says is that you have to attend once a week. It doesn't say you have to stop believing what you believe or convert.

When I figure the hourly rate I would be paid for that, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And, I can learn about others' beliefs first hand while I am there.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Hey, Catholics have only just - in the past couple of decades - got over the whole existence of other Christian faiths. :lol:

They got over it? Wow.:lol:

Oh, it's not just them. Who was it, George Carlin? Did that bit about how two guys are the same religion every step of the way, and they finally get far enough down in the splinter factions to find the difference and one bellows "DIE, INFIDEL!"

The catch is that you must attend weekly worship services of a faith other than your own for the rest of your life.

What do you do?

Thats a messed up question. I guess I would sit in my church, and dream about what I would have done with the money. It sure would be hard to say no.

Why is it messed up?

And why couldn't you still go to Wednesday night and Sunday night services at your home base?

One year. At the very max, just over two days of your life. For $10,000,000. What could you accomplish with that kind of money (to leave this world a better place than you found it.)

Why is it messed up?

And why couldn't you still go to Wednesday night and Sunday night services at your home base?

One year. At the very max, just over two days of your life. For $10,000,000. What could you accomplish with that kind of money (to leave this world a better place than you found it.)

Well, I wont lie, I would accomplish a whole load of shit with the money. It would do no one any good, and my theological out look on life would make me feel like a sell out.

I am 26 years old. Let's assume that I live for another 55 years. That would amount to 2,860 services for the remainder of my life. At 10 million dollars for the totality, that works out to about $3,500 per weekly service. Anybody who says they wouldn't take that deal is either lying or has no money worries.

What do you do?
Take it and hope it's not the Mormons!

My Dad is a Mormon and God bless him, but Mormonism is just plain stupid. I've visited their church on Sundays and was told because I wasn't a member I had to wait outside. Yeah well, fuck you too. That never happened at any Christian Church I've been to.

I would worship Allah before I'd practice the Mormon "faith". Anything but the Mormons! :lol:

For the record: After being a Baptized Christian I've become Agnostic. I believe in God but I know no one can really prove His existence. So why argue?

Hmmmm ....

Which state? What kind of activity was going on? What were you wearing?

Yup, no Mormon congregation I know of would say or do that. In fact it is against Church doctrine and principles. How does one convert someone if they forbid them to enter their services.

What do you do?

I get to choose which services I must attend?

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

What do you do?

I get to choose which services I must attend?

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

My assumption was that the person with the money was sending you to their faith.

I gotta say, if it's not in English, and there are no translators, I'm definitely bringing my Kindle.

I don't have my own faith already.....and church, any kind, is boring to me.
I guess I should say I would try...but if they kick a person out of church for dropping the F bomb, I won't last long.

What do you do?
Do you really think the deity of the other faith, if any, will be fooled by your presence?

Walking into a building doesn't mean you're a believer.

And having nothing to do with the OP, Heeeeeere's Davy!

"The catch is that you must attend" - that's it. NO mention of conversion.

Forum List

Back