you are not a small government conservative if

blu

Sep 21, 2009
you voted for anyone who voted for these (after the rep voted for them of course) or supported the bills/ideas yourself:

(in no real order)

1) the patriot act
2) the health insurance mandate bill
3) any of the bailouts
4) the stimulus package
5) the fisa/warrantless wiretapping/retro immunity updates
6) the creation and continued funding of dhs
7) any anti-gay marriage bill
8) bills related to and funding of the "drug war"
9) starting or continuing the iraq war

how many people here can attest to this? that they believe in true social and economic freedoms and real civil liberties? who isn't willing to bend over to the government when ti comes to social programs and "national security"?

Even though I'd quibble a little over the anti-gay marriage crap, right on target.

yea its not really the most important, and personally, I think any federal recognition of marriage should be ended, and a system setup where any people and any number of people over the age of consent can sign documents of their choosing proclaiming themselves a family for purposes of taxes, power of attorney, raising children, etc.

Small government conservatives almost don't exist anymore. Hell, most right wingers are all in favor of Social Security and Medicare. What more do you need to know?

you voted for anyone who voted for these (after the rep voted for them of course) or supported the bills/ideas yourself:

(in no real order)

1) the patriot act
2) the health insurance mandate bill
3) any of the bailouts
4) the stimulus package
5) the fisa/warrantless wiretapping/retro immunity updates
6) the creation and continued funding of dhs
7) any anti-gay marriage bill
8) bills related to and funding of the "drug war"
9) starting or continuing the iraq war

how many people here can attest to this? that they believe in true social and economic freedoms and real civil liberties? who isn't willing to bend over to the government when ti comes to social programs and "national security"?

Excellent post. I love calling out conservatives on their supposed beliefs in small government. They're small government until they too can use the government to further their agenda. The far right and far left have so much in common with each other, they could be roommates.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Accurate post. Heck, if I changed my position on a couple of these, I could call myself a "small government conservative." :lol:

Then we wonder why Progressives have a perfect 100 year track record of kicking our asses.

They understand that it takes time to do the things necessary to get control

Our unreasonable expectations is one of our greatest enemies

Then we wonder why Progressives have a perfect 100 year track record of kicking our asses.

These are unreasonable expectations? What's so unreasonable about not arresting people for smoking marijuana?

Even though I'd quibble a little over the anti-gay marriage crap, right on target.

Because so many marriages in this country are impacted by the vast numbers of gay marriages.

Besides, everyone knows that if gay marriage becomes respectable, conservative men will stop dating in rest rooms and start marrying each other.

Which is why I'm surprised there isn't massive Mormon support. After all, look at the number of conservative women who would be without a man.

Because so many marriages in this country are impacted by the vast numbers of gay marriages.

Besides, everyone knows that if gay marriage becomes respectable, conservative men will stop dating in rest rooms and start marrying each other.

Which is why I'm surprised there isn't massive Mormon support. After all, look at the number of conservative women who would be without a man.
You're still dumber than a barrel of bricks.

The issue as I see it isn't about gays, but whether it's even the state's place to be involved with marriage to begin with.

But thanks for your usual and expected juvenile bigotry.

These are unreasonable expectations? What's so unreasonable about not arresting people for smoking marijuana?

Hush. The grown ups are talking.

marijuana-propaganda.jpg

You're still dumber than a barrel of bricks.

The issue as I see it isn't about gays, but whether it's even the state's place to be involved with marriage to begin with.

But thanks for your usual and expected juvenile bigotry.

Which part makes me the bigot? The part about conservative men dating in rest rooms? Or the part about Mormons wanting to marry several women at one time?

Well then you're just out of touch. The power to issue marriage licenses is not going to be revoked and there will be no mass movement to that end. At some point you have to get in touch with why the issue is contested in America today. You're not even in the same galaxy on this one.

Forum List

Back