Yet Another Obama Administration Lie

And once again, RWNJs are howling like Coyotes over---- uh, a man who landed on the wrong side of the border.

Stat, tell me that it is slightly more than interesting that the president will trade 5 high ranking terrorists for a questionable soldier yet he won't lift a finger to a soldier who had good standing in the services when he makes a wrong turn and ends up in Mexico, who is supposedly 'our friend'. Fourteen years!!!

Empathy not your strong suit? I have more respect for you than that.

The 5 guys traded for Bergdahl are NOT "high ranking terrorists".

Why lie?

Mexico is pissed that in the US their people are not released and have been executed over their protest, so they may make an example of him.. Do innocent people try to escape before they are tried?

How should Mexico respond?

1. Give in to pressure from the American gun lobby and release Tamoressi with a slap on the wrist
2. Make an example of Tamoressi and throw the book at him

How do you think it will play out ?

Given the high visibility of the case....my guess is Mexico throws the book at him

The only weapons Obama favors getting to Mexico are those delivered to the Drug Cartels

It is telling and concerning that Americans would differ on the release of a Marine from a Mexican jail.

Mexico is pissed that in the US their people are not released and have been executed over their protest, so they may make an example of him.. Do innocent people try to escape before they are tried?

I'm not an expert on PTSD or Mexican prisons, let alone the combination of the two. I can't answer that. Can you unequivocably answer that?

It is telling and concerning that Americans would differ on the release of a Marine from a Mexican jail.
An administration member from the State dept.and a senator are trying to influence his case and get him out, but some people have no patience..
Should we send a SEAL team to liberate him?

I'm not an expert on PTSD or Mexican prisons, let alone the combination of the two. I can't answer that. Can you unequivocably answer that?
not really, just threw it out there...

And once again, RWNJs are howling like Coyotes over---- uh, a man who landed on the wrong side of the border.

Stat, tell me that it is slightly more than interesting that the president will trade 5 high ranking terrorists for a questionable soldier yet he won't lift a finger to a soldier who had good standing in the services when he makes a wrong turn and ends up in Mexico, who is supposedly 'our friend'. Fourteen years!!!

Empathy not your strong suit? I have more respect for you than that.

The 5 guys traded for Bergdahl are NOT "high ranking terrorists".

Why lie?
1. Mohammad Fazl

One of the first detainees captured in Afghanistan to be transferred to Guantanamo — in January 2002 — Fazl is the Taliban’s former deputy minister of defense. He was one of the Taliban’s founding members, rising through the ranks to become Taliban Chief of Army Staff when it ruled Afghanistan. Human Rights Watch accuses Fazl of presiding over the mass killings of Afghanistan’s Shi’ite Muslims in 2000 and 2001.

2. Mohammad Nabi

The former chief of Taliban security in Qalat, the capital of Afghanistan’s southern Zabul Province, Nabi was a latecomer to the Taliban, joining only in the late 1990s. After taking a few years away, he rejoined in 2000 to work as a radio operator for the Taliban’s communications office. He has claimed during U.S. military interrogations to have been working for the C.I.A. in the search for Taliban Chief Mullah Omar and al-Qaeda operatives. Those confessions may earn him difficulties upon his release.

3. Abdul Haq Wasiq

Also accused by Human Rights Watch of mass killings and torture during the Taliban’s time in power, the Taliban’s former deputy minister of intelligence is considered to have been at one time one of Mullah Omar’s closest confidants, with a direct line to the elusive leader.

4. Mullah Norullah Nori

Nori was the senior Taliban commander in the strategic northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif when U.S. forces arrived in late 2001. A former governor of two northern provinces, he is considered to be one of the most high-ranking Taliban officials ever to be held in Guantanamo. He is also accused of being involved in the massacre of thousands Shi’ite Muslims in 2000 and 2001, when the Taliban attempted to purge Afghanistan of what it deemed a deviant form of Islam.

5. Khairullah Khairkhwa

The former Taliban governor of Heart Province, which borders Iran, Khairkhwa has also served as a military commander and a minister of the interior. He was close to Mullah Omar as well as current Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who briefly worked with the Taliban administration in the 1990s. According to the Associated Press, Khairkhwa’s U.S.-based lawyers have argued in court filings that by the time of his capture in 2002 he had already distanced himself from the Taliban.

Source: Time

Wow, you're right! They're practically kittens! :rolleyes:

Do post links where Reagon was fundraising while in Mexican prison. I'm just dying to read them.

I don't remember Reagan ever being in a Mexican jail...
But you quite clearly stated he held fundraisers while in Mexican jail

Last edited:
Maybe if Sgt. Toomhoosi hadn't tried to bring his arsenal into Mexico he wouldn't have a problem.
How do you know he didn't simply make a wrong turn like he said he did? Why not give an honorable man the Benefit of the doubt?

Then he should argue his case in a Mexican court.

You see, the thing is, we insisted on our right to EXECUTE a Mexican National recently. Or more specifically, Rick Perry did.

And now we are going to go back to the Mexican government and claim that their laws don't apply to our citizens? Really?

(Like there's not already too many to list, right?

Although the petition calling for action on Sgt. Tahmooressi's behalf met the 100k signature requirement for a response from the White House several months ago, no response has been given.

Why is our supposed leader who is willing to release 5 high ranking terrorists in exchange for an alleged deserter not willing to so much as speak out in support of an honorable Marine who actually earned his rank?

While I applaud politicians such as Tim Donnelly who actually put in an admirable effort to work for the release of Sgt. Tahmooressi by keeping attention on the issue as best he can, he simply can't do what the so-called leader of our nation can & demand the Sergeant's return.

Why is this administration remaining silent on Sgt. Tahmooressi's captivity when they are willing to undermine our national security in order to bring home a soldier of far less loyalty by any standard?

Bergdahl's critical letters alone show that he had no particularly love of country, but Tahmooressi is an honorable & faithful soldier who is being let down by the very government that he swore to serve.
Two reasons. Obama hates the military and hates guns. The only soldier Obama likes is the ones that desert.

All the corrupt fool Obama would have to do to get the Marine's release, is call the corrupt fool running the Mexican government (aka cartels) and demand his release....and it is done.

He will not because the military generally did not vote for him, dislikes him just as he dislikes them. Plus being an avid hater of the Second Amendment (except for his personal safety he gets protected by men carrying guns)...makes the Marine's case a double whammy.

Let him rot in that Mexican prison....says Obama...he has better things to do.

Why should he be released after he broke the law?

Should Obama release all the Mexican citizens in our jails?

In case you haven't heard, Big Ears released terrorists....guess what dummy? They broke the law.

Do you really think this Marine is going to get justice in a nation run by drug dealers? Silly question to someone as silly as you....of course you do.

Actually, the five guys we released were Afghan Nationals fighting for the legitimate Afghan government at the time we captured them.

We really didn't have a legal justification for holding them. They broke no American laws. If they did, then they were entitled to a day in court in front of a judge.

What's the lie? Did the president promise to address this issue if a petition crossed his desk?
The President stated that if he got enough signatures on an initiative on his website he would respond to it.
and he did.

tahmooressi broke the law. hell, he was breaking california law before he broke mexican law.

and maybe a guy with supposed ptsd shouldn't be driving around with three loaded weapons.
Care to state what laws he broke?

Forum List

Back