Yet Again !

Once again, an assault of freedom of religion as atheists try to get rid of the cross.

Atheists Want Cross Removed From 9/11 World Trade Center Museum, Christian News

"As a public accommodation, the memorial must allow us (and all other religious philosophies) to include our own display of equal size inside the museum, or not include the cross. Equality is an all-or-nothing deal," Silverman said in a statement.

Personally I don't really care, but I don't see the issue with allowing for equal sized memorials for all religious and non-religious beliefs in the museum. Everyone should be allowed to pay their respects in the best way they can in accordance with their beliefs or non-beliefs, especially since people of all religious and non-religious backgrounds died on that horible day.

Why do you suppose that atheists spend so much time worrying about things they don't believe in? Seems like they would find better things to do with their time...

The Cross was there at the beginning of the Towers, when it was constructed and was the only intact thing among the rubble
Atheists want to get rid of a miracle. They also want to get rid of a comfort for the majority. Once again it's minority rule over the majority.

According to museum organizers, construction worker Frank Silecchia discovered the 17-foot-tall cross in the vicinity of 6 World Trade Center after the Sept. 11 attacks. Since then, the cross, the only thing left standing amid the rubble, has become an icon of hope and comfort for many New Yorkers.

Why do you suppose that atheists spend so much time worrying about things they don't believe in? Seems like they would find better things to do with their time...

They want to shut up all public representation of Christianity.

From government? Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

I don't care if the sidewalks are covered all day with individuals praying and holding crosses though.

The Cross was there at the beginning of the Towers, when it was constructed and was the only intact thing among the rubble
Atheists want to get rid of a miracle. They also want to get rid of a comfort for the majority. Once again it's minority rule over the majority.

According to museum organizers, construction worker Frank Silecchia discovered the 17-foot-tall cross in the vicinity of 6 World Trade Center after the Sept. 11 attacks. Since then, the cross, the only thing left standing amid the rubble, has become an icon of hope and comfort for many New Yorkers.

Yep and it should be left up, and other religions should be able to put up a symbol for their beliefs and non-believers should be able to put up a secular type of adornment.

Do you have a problem with memorials provided by other religions with their symbols posted with the cross?

I don't care if the sidewalks are covered all day with individuals praying and holding crosses though.

No it doesn't , there is nothing in the constitution that says separation of church and state. That was a biased court decision.

Once again, an assault of freedom of religion as atheists try to get rid of the cross.

"As a public accommodation, the memorial must allow us (and all other religious philosophies) to include our own display of equal size inside the museum, or not include the cross. Equality is an all-or-nothing deal," Silverman said in a statement.

Personally I don't really care, but I don't see the issue with allowing for equal sized memorials for all religious and non-religious beliefs in the museum. Everyone should be allowed to pay their respects in the best way they can in accordance with their beliefs or non-beliefs, especially since people of all religious and non-religious backgrounds died on that horible day.

Non religious beliefs? Seems to me if a person isn't religious then a religious symbol would mean absolutely nothing to them. But somehow the non religious believers are threatened by those that do believe in religion.

No it doesn't , there is nothing in the constitution that says separation of church and state. That was a biased court decision.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Government promoting christianity sounds an awful lot like that to me.

But again this issue doesn't matter much to me, whichever side wins the court case is inconsequential to me.

You didn't answer my question about whether or not you'd be ok with equal religious representation in the form of a memorial. If you're in the process of it by responding to my other post, my apologies for my impatience.

Non religious beliefs? Seems to me if a person isn't religious then a religious symbol would mean absolutely nothing to them. But somehow the non religious believers are threatened by those that do believe in religion.

I'm non-religious and I'm not the least bit threatened.

Alright take atheists out of the mix and let's only deal with the religious, would you be ok with muslims putting up a memorial that represents islam on this site?

Yep and it should be left up, and other religions should be able to put up a symbol for their beliefs and non-believers should be able to put up a secular type of adornment.

Do you have a problem with memorials provided by other religions with their symbols posted with the cross?

If there had been other religious symbols up before 9-11 and they would have survived, then yes they should also have been kept and put up too. But no one else had other religious symbols before 9-11 and no one was complaining about the one cross that was there, from the start.
Now it's a problem with the Atheists? Why didn't they complain when it was put up in 1973 with the trade buildings?

If there had been other religious symbols up before 9-11 and they would have survived, then yes they should also have been kept and put up too. But no one else had other religious symbols before 9-11 and no one was complaining about the one cross that was there, from the start.
Now it's a problem with the Atheists? Why didn't they complain when it was put up in 1973 with the trade buildings?

Not doing something in the past doesn't mean you shouldn't do something in the present.

So since there weren't any other symbols from other religions up before, you think they should be prohibited by government from now on?

Okie dokie

Not doing something in the past doesn't mean you shouldn't do something in the present.

So since there weren't any other symbols from other religions up before, you think they should be prohibited by government from now on?

Okie dokie

The Museum is about the past,Dr. Drock,that is what a museum is,displaying the symbols and things that was there before the towers were blow-en up. In memory of.
Government should not prohibit any religion at all, and that is what atheists are trying to do. Trying to prohibit that cross. The cross that has been there since 1973.

Okie dokie

The Museum is about the past,Dr. Drock,that is what a museum is,displaying the symbols and things that was there before the towers were blow-en up. In memory of.
Government should not prohibit any religion at all, and that is what atheists are trying to do. Trying to prohibit that cross. The cross that has been there since 1973.

It wasn't a cross before 9/11/01, it was a part of the building.

I don't have an issue with the cross being up, I also don't have an issue with equal representation of other religions/non-religions.

So again, to this atheist I'm not really concerned with what the court decides, not a big deal.

I think sadly we will just see more and more of it. Though Matthew 24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 24&version=KJV reminds me too what Jesus said is going to happen. We can keep praying for those who He knows will receive Him, but many sadly will not.

There are atheist forums, atheist movements, atheist summer camps, etc. I like this article below titled... "The Religion of Atheism".

The Religion of Atheism | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

When the Pretrib Rapture of the Church occurs on Yom Kippur 2032 Anno Domini they will get what they want and the entire world will then realize - too late - what the Church has accomplished and done for it for 2000 years...

When the Pretrib Rapture of the Church occurs on Yom Kippur 2032 Anno Domini they will get what they want and the entire world will then realize - too late - what the Church has accomplished and done for it for 2000 years...

That was a sad excuse for fearmongering, I'm only 26 but who knows maybe I'll get in a car wreck in die in the next 20 years.

Seems the cross is now at St.Peter's, obviously a private church. I didn't know this during this thread, this seems to be a better place for it and I'm assuming that ends the lawsuit.

Where do these hate groups come up with this bullshit?

It's broken i-beems that are on display.

does this mean these hate groups are going to demand all buildings be brought down?

When do these people grow the fuck up?

Forum List

Back