• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The vote is everyone's concern who posts on USMB. It is raw politics and a test as to whether Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission will fundamentally change politics.

It's important to Fox News, so important talking head Mike Huckabee is telling Yes on two voters to let the air out of the tires of those they know will vote no.
Did you ever notice that people who oppose corporations (groups of people united for a common purpose) donating to political campaigns also support unions (groups of people united for a common purpose) donating to political campaigns?
The difference being the groups of people are for the people.
The Corporation, though made up of groups of people, is for the Corporation NOT the people.

How is a union any different than a corporation by your definition? They are for the people at the top well before any of the peons that do the work.

Yes

NO!

What is Proposition 2?

Oh come on man at least give us a darn link......google here I come (i want to vote with knowledge ;))

Ohio

I support the spirit of proposition 2 however I would vote no due to this part of the proposition
Issue 2 is a voter referendum to create an Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board. This would add a provision to the state Constitution, establishing a board, which would set standards for the care and well-being of livestock statewide. The governor and legislature would appoint members (within the parameters of the text of the amendment) and the state agriculture director would lead the panel.

It seems more about giving the govt more power and less about the livestock the more i'm reading about it.

Just make it illegal to cage animals in that way, we don't need a board just a few inspectors to go verify randomly and unnanounced that farms are upholding the new standard. If they aren't give them a big fine.

Making a board is a total waste of taxpayer money.

I'm voting "Yes" but all indications are that "No" will win big.

FWIW, "No" means SB5 goes down and Big Labor thugs continue to loot the treasury at will. Kasich is unpopular and the Republicans are divided. Only shot for "yes" winning is Democrat illiteracy so a win for taxpayers is not impossible, it's just that the numbers are really bad.

Here in Cincinnati the money seems to favor Big Labor judging by ad buys but that is anecdotal and I don't know whats up Statewide. My guess is Labor wins this battle.

And see, from my perspective (with a housemate who is a union member), labor unions will again become a necessity since we've seen what happens when they are annihilated. SOMEBODY has to stand up for the little guy, since the Big Guy sure as shit ain't gonna.

The difference being the groups of people are for the people.
The Corporation, though made up of groups of people, is for the Corporation NOT the people.
And since the corporation is a group of people, those people benefit from its actions.

See? You agree with me! :lol:

Possibly, the company benefiting may trickle down to the employees of that company, even if they disagree.

But companies hiring people and paying their employees more isn't usually the top of their agenda. That's a by product of demand.
I wasn't talking about employees. Corporations aren't organized to benefit them.

All polls mean on this board is that this board is predominantly far right-wing.

its so far right because the vote is 8 yes and 10 no? Are you sure about that assesment?

Can you clarify why you think that from this poll?

No, this board definitely leans far into the political right. I wouldn't be so blind as to claim it's left or even moderate.

Maybe you're right, I don't know, but the vote so far in this thread would contradict your statement.

All polls mean on this board is that this board is predominantly far right-wing.

its so far right because the vote is 8 yes and 10 no? Are you sure about that assesment?

No, this board definitely leans far into the political right. I wouldn't be so blind as to claim it's left or even moderate.

There are just as many far lefties as far righties here. I find the board to contain an equal representation of both extremes.

There are just as many far lefties as far righties here. I find the board to contain an equal representation of both extremes.

Polls and post numbers say otherwise.

If the collective bargaining rights of public unions are breaking the banks, then I would say they have to vote yes, the sustainability of the City/State is what's more important, not lining the pockets of Union Bosses to kick money into politicians like john glenns pockets. Special interests is what is killing this country.

If the collective bargaining rights of public unions are breaking the banks, then I would say they have to vote yes, the sustainability of the City/State is what's more important, not lining the pockets of Union Bosses to kick money into politicians like john glenns pockets. Special interests is what is killing this country.

Special interests are harming our country, and you can thank those five members of the USSC for allowing unlimited funds to flood the election process. Citizens United V. FEC is a wrong-headed decision which threatens our Republic.

Last edited:
18% reporting:

Yes: 36%

No: 64%

Update: Associated Press; Issue 2 has failed; the people of Ohio have repealed the anti-union law!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back