Yes, by all means, let’s talk about income inequality

"Income inequality in the United States has grown significantly since the early 1970s,[1][2][3][4][5] after several decades of stability,[6][7] and has been the subject of study of many scholars and institutions. While inequality has risen among most developed countries, and especially English-speaking ones, it is highest in the United States..."

"In spite of this data, only 42% of Americans think inequality has increased in the past ten years.[15]

"In 2012, the gap between the richest 1 percent and the remaining 99 percent was the widest it's been since the 1920s.[16] Incomes of the wealthiest 1 percent rose nearly 20 percent, whereas the income of the remaining 99 percent rose 1 percent in comparison."

Income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes.

We need Obama and the government to make (incomes) fair while they pay their staff a pittance

Here's their plan for you all

Last edited:
We need Obama and the government to make (incomes) fair while they pay their staff a pittance

Here's their plan for you all

If you're expecting Democrats OR Republicans to do anything about economic inequality when their election campaigns and retirements are paid for by the richest 1% of voters, you will be sadly disappointed.

There was no solution to the problem in your answer.

Here's my quote that prompted your response.

Notice, you offered nothing that addressed what I said.
Bumping wages up and reforming regulations would help these problems....so no youre wrong I did offer solutions

I understand how you would think that forcing a "bump" in pay would be an improvement. But what regulations are you proposing. Effective regulation would have to address an identified issue in a specific manner. So, what are we regulating?

I never said force.if you cant be bothered to be honest then you are a waste of time

Bumping wages up and reforming regulations would help these problems....so no youre wrong I did offer solutions

I understand how you would think that forcing a "bump" in pay would be an improvement. But what regulations are you proposing. Effective regulation would have to address an identified issue in a specific manner. So, what are we regulating?

I never said force.if you cant be bothered to be honest then you are a waste of time

Perhaps you did not use that exact term in this context, but the implication is present, whether you meant it to be, or not. What exactly do you think having government "regulate", or in any other wise mandate the wage any employer is to pay an employee is? Using the force or government to coerce the award of some arbitrary minimum contract sum is an abuse of government. And it is forced. Using government to bully others into doing what you feel is right? Yeah, NOT!

Last edited:
You are right on one point. I am a self made man. And you're a government made welfare man. Jealous much?

You're right. You educated yourself, built the roads to your house. Hunted and caught your own food and healed yourself when you were sick. You're amazing!

actually, he was taught by a teacher who opted to go into that profession and earn the income that the profession offered. he drove on the roads that were built using tax payer money and paid to business owners who employed workers that opted to go into the road building industry and earn the income the profession offers. He bought food from those that sold food and the employees that opted to work for food sales establishments. He was healed by medical professionals who opted to go into the medical profession and earn the income the profession offers.

According to your fouled logic if that were the case, then everyone that ever had that teacher, rode those roads and bought food from those employees, et al would then be a successful and self made then, right?

That is the problem with people who think that equality can be achieved, especially by using the government and redistribution of wealth.
It is impossible to do.
It is a utopian dream. Key word dream.
There will always be poor and will always be rich no matter what government does or does not do.
The Governments that have the less interference with the country does the best for it's people.
Our founders knew this so they set up our constitution for our Federal Government to have limited powers.

1970's, hmmm, we went off the gold standard and the President lost all control over the budget

That could explain it

That is the problem with people who think that equality can be achieved, especially by using the government and redistribution of wealth.
It is impossible to do.
There will always be poor and will always be rich no matter what government does or does not do.
The Governments that have the less interference with the country does the best for it's people.
Our founders knew this so they set up our constitution for our Federal Government to have limited powers.

Redistribution is the only economic theory that comes with a 100% Guaranteed Failed and it's worked perfectly every time its been tried

I don't consider it a problem. I don't owe you an income unless you work for it. I owe you an education. Take advantage of it , get a job and quit your whining.

The problem is that lots of people are working, but the fat cats pay them bupkes, while enjoying huge profits from what essentially is slave labor.

who is forcing them to work for "slave labor" ?

is a 5% profit a "huge" profit? Do you have any idea what % profit walmart makes? or a grocery store? or an oil company?

yeah, walmart and exxon make billions, but they spend hundreds of billions to make it.

The hunger pangs in their stomach are forcing them to work for low wages, you shithead.

:clap2::clap2: well said

Everyone doesn't have an equal start.

A corporate executive, born from a rich family that could send him an expensive college, who knows how to kiss ass gets a $25 million a year salary, but a high school graduate, born from a working class family, has to take a job paying $10 an hour to help support his disabled mother after her husband died of a heart attack.

How is that an equal start?

Hey, and if you are 65, and aren't part of the 1%, I got news for you...you never will be part of it.

Man, you are full of shit.

the world ain't fair, face reality and grow the fuck up. Make the most of what God has given you and lose the envy of others. The govt is not your momma.

The government was General Motors' mama.

The government bail out prevented a 25% unemployment rate that would have occurred had GM gone under.

It is impossible to do.

Redistribution is the only economic theory that comes with a 100% Guaranteed Failed and it's worked perfectly every time its been tried

This is demonstratably false as the entire economic system of the developed world is based on redistribution and it seems to be working fairly well.

The problem is that lots of people are working, but the fat cats pay them bupkes, while enjoying huge profits from what essentially is slave labor.

is a 5% profit a "huge" profit? Do you have any idea what % profit walmart makes? or a grocery store? or an oil company?

yeah, walmart and exxon make billions, but they spend hundreds of billions to make it.

The hunger pangs in their stomach are forcing them to work for low wages, you shithead.

oh the dramatics

In the case of the progressives, to achieve an agenda, a problem must be created first, then the only solution is the one offered by progressives is acceptable.

This is what is happening in this country.

I keep hearing this being said by Repubs that only Liberal solutions are acceptable.

When repubs are asked for solutions they either claim there is no problem (like with income inequality) or take a hands off approach like with Climate Change (earth will fix itself) or Free Market (it'll work out, just wait and see)

So, I find it strange that someone who says there isn't a problem or encourages everyone that they don't need a solution because it'll all work out pretends that they are being denied the opportunity to provide an answer.

They literally refuse to give an answer then get offended that someone considers a liberals answer. All you have to do repubs is OFFER A SOLUTION. Its crazy
Absolute nonsense. Expected from you however.

As explained, there is no income inequity problem. There really is no way to prove a negative, so why don't you first provide reasons that income inequality takes money from your pocket, and the government subsistence scraps from your table...

As to the highlighted. Thank you for proving My point. You list two issues, and then go on to say that they are not solutions. Why? Because they don't meet with the 'stated' solutions by the left.

BTW...the stated solutions you attribute to the right, as usual, are not based in any reality.

And of course, they are spending 9 hours a day traveling to and from this slave job and they only sleep 2 hours a day so they can have some quality time with their welfare handlers......You really should think it through before posting.

Their hunger pangs is a laughable response.

It is impossible to do.

This is demonstratably false as the entire economic system of the developed world is based on redistribution and it seems to be working fairly well.

No it isn't. That's why they all are starting to move away from it.

...people are working, but the fat cats pay them bupkes, while enjoying huge profits from what essentially is slave labor...
Ah yes, the old 'exploitation of the masses' line. That was then. Now, the fall of the Soviet Union shows that we can either have unequal incomes or no incomes.

"Hunger pangs"? Drama much?

It is impossible to do.

Sure it is...for your so-called 1%.

Forum List

Back