Yemen Shiite rebels, tribes agree on a truce

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Time will tell if this truce holds.

AFP, Sanaa
Sunday, 9 February 2014

Shiite rebels and Yemeni tribesmen agreed a ceasefire on Sunday after deadly clashes between the two sides in the Arhab district near the capital Sanaa, state news agency Saba said.

Shiite rebels from the Ansarullah group, also known as Huthis, have been advancing from their mountain strongholds in the far north to other Zaidi Shiite-majority areas nearer Sanaa in a bid to expand their hoped-for autonomous zone in a future Yemen.

Sunday’s truce is part of an agreement signed by the two sides committing them to an “immediate” ceasefire and to reopening roads in the area.

Continue reading at:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New.../Yemen-Shiite-rebels-tribes-agree-truce-.html

AFP, Sanaa
Sunday, 9 February 2014

Shiite rebels and Yemeni tribesmen agreed a ceasefire on Sunday after deadly clashes between the two sides in the Arhab district near the capital Sanaa, state news agency Saba said.

Shiite rebels from the Ansarullah group, also known as Huthis, have been advancing from their mountain strongholds in the far north to other Zaidi Shiite-majority areas nearer Sanaa in a bid to expand their hoped-for autonomous zone in a future Yemen.

Sunday’s truce is part of an agreement signed by the two sides committing them to an “immediate” ceasefire and to reopening roads in the area.

Continue reading at:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New.../Yemen-Shiite-rebels-tribes-agree-truce-.html

I doubt that it will.. Yemen has been in conflict for over 60 years.. Its all about warlords and tribal factions. The country is awash in guns.. six per person.. and Iran is backing the Houthis.

AFP, Sanaa
Sunday, 9 February 2014

Continue reading at:

I doubt that it will.. Yemen has been in conflict for over 60 years.. Its all about warlords and tribal factions. The country is awash in guns.. six per person.. and Iran is backing the Houthis.

Can you prove to us that each person has six guns in Yemen? I would think that many of the people are so poor that they would be lucky to even have one gun.

AFP, Sanaa
Sunday, 9 February 2014

Continue reading at:

Can you prove to us that each person has six guns in Yemen? I would think that many of the people are so poor that they would be lucky to even have one gun.

Oh look it up, you dip. My class mate was at the French embassy in Sana for 30 years.

Oh look it up, you dip. My class mate was at the French embassy in Sana for 30 years.
Shaarona and Forrest Gump sure know a lot of bigwigs. Mercy!

I just laugh at her. She is always throwing things out and never backs herself up. Then when she is called on it, right away she has these magical classmates (as if we all believe her). I find it funny how she feels she has to put her two cents in on many threads.

I just laugh at her. She is always throwing things out and never backs herself up. Then when she is called on it, right away she has these magical classmates (as if we all believe her). I find it funny how she feels she has to put her two cents in on many threads.

Sally well---I do believe that all yemeni jihadi pigs are armed to the teeth ----keep in
mind---hubby has inside info on that which is going on there. He does talk to yemeni
jihadi pigs and they are only TOO DELIGHTED to tell the jew who was born in that
islamic ceespit what is going on back home. They think it INTIMIDATES him ----or that
it IMPRESSES him. Being ARMED proves to the yemeni jihadi ----that he is a
SUPERIOR person-------remember ----in that country ----non muslims cannot carry
so much as a knife. Yemeni jihadi pigs DECORATE themselves with guns and hand
grenades -----and not they are blowing each other's brains out in Sanaa An acquaintance of hubby has wife and kids in Sanaa-----and is afraid to go back for a visit.

they do not photograph a child unless they can DECORATE the kid with a
machine gun

Yes, I know a lot of big wigs... because of my family, the schools I attended, my travels and my work.

SANA'A, YEMEN -- With shops lining the main road and hard bargaining merchants abounding, Jihana appears to be your average Yemeni market. But instead of shopping for food or clothes, customers peruse a vast assortment of glocks, pistols, AK47s, M16s, anti-aircraft artillery, bazookas, and nearly any other weapon short of an actual tank.

"In Yemen, no matter if you're rich or poor, you must have guns. Even if it's just one piece," insists Abdul Wahab al-Ammari, a tribal sheikh from Yemen's Ibb province who resides in Sana'a, citing self-protection as the primary driver of gun ownership. "I have maybe 14 high powered weapons, and 3 handguns [at home]."

continued

Gun Control, Yemen-Style - Tik Root - The Atlantic

The availability of arms

There are no exact figures for the number of firearms in circulation in Yemen, but unofficial estimates suggest that there are almost 17 million weapons circulating in the country, which according to the latest census in March 2005 has a population of 19.7 million.

IRIN | In-Depth: Guns Out of Control: the continuing threat of small arms | YEMEN: When cultural norms underpin gun ownership | Yemen | Conflict

Shaarona is actually reporting something which is probably true. A yemeni muslim MAN
is measured according to how many guns he has . Being armed is so important---that
by THE FILTH OF ISLAMIC LAW----only muslims can be armed because only muslims
are human beings -------it is the filth that shaarona likes to defend . Another interesting
'factoid about the stinking filth that shaarona so likes------is HORSES-----(camels too)
The machines of war and self defense in the world for thousands of years have
been HORSES AND CAMELS ----thus in the filthy law that shaarona adores-----
only muslims may own and ride horses and camels The good news is that there are
virtually no non muslims left in that cesspit-------so now yemeni muslims have only each
other left to murder I support the evacuation of all christians from egypt and syria.
We can TRADE populations------send american muslims back to egypt and syria and bring
in the christians to take their places

Reasons for the profusion of arms

There are several reasons for the widespread availability of firearms in Yemen throughout the last two centuries – and the enormous increase in recent years.

Colonial forces, such as the Ottomans and British in the nineteenth and mid-twentieth centuries, brought a large volume of weapons to Yemen. This pattern was exacerbated when the former Soviet Union became a strong force in southern Yemen following the British withdrawal in 1967.

IRIN | In-Depth: Guns Out of Control: the continuing threat of small arms | YEMEN: When cultural norms underpin gun ownership | Yemen | Conflict

There are several reasons for the widespread availability of firearms in Yemen throughout the last two centuries – and the enormous increase in recent years.

Colonial forces, such as the Ottomans and British in the nineteenth and mid-twentieth centuries, brought a large volume of weapons to Yemen. This pattern was exacerbated when the former Soviet Union became a strong force in southern Yemen following the British withdrawal in 1967.

Idiot response ------sorry I got inside information-----yemenis are shipping
guns and rifles from the US ----to Yemen ---surreptitiously----WHY? because
"CULTURALLY" speaking a man is not a man over there unless he has a machine gun

"AVAILABILITY" ???? guns are available to me-----but I do not own one-----nor does
my husband-----nor do any of my MANY brothers and cousins Persons who WANT
guns-------get them Members of Societies which consider carrying armaments an act of
RELIGIOUS PIETY------will certainly obtain them. I like silk scarves-----so I have lots of them

"AVAILABILITY" ???? guns are available to me-----but I do not own one-----nor does
guns-------get them Members of Societies which consider carrying armaments an act of
RELIGIOUS PIETY------will certainly obtain them. I like silk scarves-----so I have lots of them

Read the article unless you are afraid to do so.. Guns are fairly new to Yemen.

what a joke you are WEAPONS are not new to yemen. Guns are just another form
of weapon Yemenis have been ARMING THEMSELVES regularly for more than a
thousand years If a yemeni man could hang an atom bomb around his neck ----he
would No self respecting male takes a stroll in Yemen without being ARMED WITH
WEAPONS--- an OLD OLD OLD islamic tradition over there----the more elaborate the
weapons----the BETTER

yemen ART means ----elaborately decorated scimitars and daggers (btw---who do
you imagine did the silver filagree?)

WEAPONS--- an OLD OLD OLD islamic tradition over there----the more elaborate the
weapons----the BETTER

I have several silver scimitars from Yemen.. What's your point? I also have Kuwaiti chests, texiles from Asir and all sorts of treasures.

Gun ownership in Yemen has increased exponentially since the 1950s.

weapons----the BETTER

I have several silver scimitars from Yemen.. What's your point? I also have Kuwaiti chests, texiles from Asir and all sorts of treasures.

chances are the silver decorations on your scimitars were crafted by jews .....
gun ownership increased in Yemen because they became available and yemeni muslims
carry weapons as a matter of their "culture" There are plenty of guns in the USA--
but I do not carry one. I know lots of jews from yemen----none of them carry a gun or
even a scimitar or a dagger ------even if their own fathers were fine silver craftsmen.....
of course some of them still have a few items of jewelry that their parents managed to
hide on their way out. -------very few.

weapons----the BETTER

chances are the silver decorations on your scimitars were crafted by jews .....
gun ownership increased in Yemen because they became available and yemeni muslims
carry weapons as a matter of their "culture" There are plenty of guns in the USA--
but I do not carry one. I know lots of jews from yemen----none of them carry a gun or
even a scimitar or a dagger ------even if their own fathers were fine silver craftsmen.....
of course some of them still have a few items of jewelry that their parents managed to
hide on their way out. -------very few.

https://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/201201/silver.the.enduring.craft.of.yemeni.silver.htm

Silly-Sally you are such a bozo. .. :cuckoo: . :lol:

I think the readers have picked up by now that Mr. Cuckoo is such a troll. Did you really think you said anything important, Mr. Cuckoo, except show everyone what a troll you are?. By the way, instead of being such a troll on this Middle East forum, how about informing the readers of at least one thing which has happened in the Middle East in the past few days. Surely even trolls keep up with the news unless they have their heads buried in the sand.

Forum List

Back