Y'all Still Clinging to "God Bless the USA"?

reepotomac

Rookie
Jun 29, 2012
It should be clear that "God Bless the USA" is a big fat lie of a song. They'll play that over loudspeakers when they load you into cattle cars and you'll still believe it. There is a song called "My Country My Ass". Tell radio stations to stop playing "God Bless the USA" because it is a lie, and start playing "My Country My Ass" because it is the truth.
Edited

I have actually seen this on youtube...a little advice for what it is worth, in case you are the John guy who wrote it.
The song has too many words in it, so many you are not singing but "fast reading".
It is not catchy, it is also confusing because no one is sure what you are really talking about half the time.
You got the right idea, and it is waaaaaaaay overdue that songwriters start writing protest songs about loss of freedoms and paying outrageous taxes and getting little to nothing but a kick in the ass in return.
if you want this song to get beyond a fleeting novelty...then rewrite it with about half the words.

If you don't like the country, then why spend the time to write a song about it? I would have to conclude that the song writer does care about the country, else why waste the time?

Maybe the artist has a hard time believing that the greatest country on the planet is blessed by God as the song states. It's in these hard times when a persons strengths and weaknesses become evident. I still believe in God. I believe that he has and is watching over this country.

God doesn't always bless with wealth or prosperity, sometimes he blesses us with challenges so we can grow stronger and draw closer to or fellow Americans is troubled times.

There are a lot of negatives out in this world and country today, but if that's all you think about, then youll be living a negative life. Look on the positive side, things always look good there

If you don't like the country, then why spend the time to write a song about it? I would have to conclude that the song writer does care about the country, else why waste the time?

Maybe the artist has a hard time believing that the greatest country on the planet is blessed by God as the song states. It's in these hard times when a persons strengths and weaknesses become evident. I still believe in God. I believe that he has and is watching over this country.

God doesn't always bless with wealth or prosperity, sometimes he blesses us with challenges so we can grow stronger and draw closer to or fellow Americans is troubled times.

There are a lot of negatives out in this world and country today, but if that's all you think about, then youll be living a negative life. Look on the positive side, things always look good there

I don't take it that way.
It seems to me he is complaining about what America has become...not the country itself.
But - this is why I said to him that he needs to rewrite it with a lot less words and be clearer what the heck he is talking about.

The Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, America the Beautiful, and This Land is Your Land are all outdated it appears. It takes a song by a pop/country millionaire to inspire many. Sad reflection of our society.

Forum List

Back