Y2Kyoto: It Was My Understanding There Would Be No Math

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Princeton scientist Laure Resplandy and researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography concluded in October that the Earth's oceans have retained 60% more heat than previously thought over the last 25 years, suggesting global warming was much worse than previously believed.

"Just a few hours of analysis and calculations, based only on published information, was sufficient to uncover apparently serious (but surely inadvertent) errors in the underlying calculations," wrote Lewis in a blog post published on climate scientist Judith Curry's Climate Etc. website.

After correcting the math error, Lewis found that the paper's rate of oceanic warming "is about average compared with the other estimates they showed, and below the average for 1993–2016."

Major Math Error Puts Widely-Cited Global Warming Study On Ice

Princeton scientist Laure Resplandy and researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography concluded in October that the Earth's oceans have retained 60% more heat than previously thought over the last 25 years, suggesting global warming was much worse than previously believed.

"Just a few hours of analysis and calculations, based only on published information, was sufficient to uncover apparently serious (but surely inadvertent) errors in the underlying calculations," wrote Lewis in a blog post published on climate scientist Judith Curry's Climate Etc. website.

After correcting the math error, Lewis found that the paper's rate of oceanic warming "is about average compared with the other estimates they showed, and below the average for 1993–2016."

Major Math Error Puts Widely-Cited Global Warming Study On Ice
liberals never were good with Math, Science, History, English, Spelling, or the "Truth"....That is why common core was developed so instead of learning, they all get a trophy when done...

Now the obvious question, a mathematically "error" or something done purposely to spur a massive industry?

I do believe global warming is happening. I don't know why but I do believe at least some of it is man made. The solutions I have seen which are tax payer funded based, don't seem to find a solution but rather create more problems and debt.

American free Market solutions have allowed the U.S to be a leader in emission decreases while the rest of the world fails. I'm not surprised

Forum List

Back