Xuesheng

MIT is a very merit-based institution. However, I was referring to Jr and senior high school as well as the university level.

China seeks lessons in attracting more foreign students|Society|chinadaily.com.cn

It's unlikely they will lure anything like the number of Chinese students who come to study in the US.

I think China is more advanced in Education, maybe foreigners who can't keep up with the strict study standards are not attracted to going there for that reason.

It mentions they have scholarships available but also have policies that don't allow students to work outside of school.

China seeks lessons in attracting more foreign students|Society|chinadaily.com.cn

It's unlikely they will lure anything like the number of Chinese students who come to study in the US.

I think China is more advanced in Education, maybe foreigners who can't keep up with the strict study standards are not attracted to going there for that reason.

It mentions they have scholarships available but also have policies that don't allow students to work outside of school.

If China "is more advanced in education," then why do so many more Chinese come to the US to study than vice verse? In fact, applications and enrollments are surging at Jr and senior high schools in the US as well as, of course, at the university level.

If China "is more advanced in education," then why do so many more Chinese come to the US to study than vice verse? In fact, applications and enrollments are surging at Jr and senior high schools in the US as well as, of course, at the university level.

Opportunity is better here after Graduation imo.

Generally quite true, but many students eventually return to China upon the completion of their studies. Most students and their parents cite a better and more valuable education as the main reason for wanting to study in the US.

Generally quite true, but many students eventually return to China upon the completion of their studies. Most students and their parents cite a better and more valuable education as the main reason for wanting to study in the US.

I don't know I guess it depends on who you talk to, My friend Yang likes it better here and she said better opportunity.

She also said americans are alot fatter and that her dad is going to call her fat when he comes here to visit even though she is thin as a pin
:dunno:

Last edited:

I don't know I guess it depends on who you talk to, My friend Yang likes it better here and she said better opportunity.

She also said americans are alot fatter and that her dad is going to call her fat when he comes here to visit even though she is thin as a pin
:dunno:

I've talked to thousands of Chinese students in China and studying in the US.

Most people do gain weight when they move here and are exposed to our less-than-ideal diet, and saying "oh, you got so fat!" is almost part of an expected ritual when parents visit or students go back home.

Forum List

Back