Wtf

This is what happens when private finance has control of our federal policies and our tax dollars. We've been sold out.

Well I checked it out. I don't know if the Government is actually paying for anything. The program will give certain "qualifying" people a free phone and 68 minutes free air time a month.

Of course additional minutes are available for sale.

Nothing is truly free

Who do you think is going to foot the bill? Here's a hint: " SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers."

It's times like these I'm glad I pay taxes so that people who do not want to work for a living can have a cell phone.

I think that the poor should be given computers and internet access so that they can Twitter.

That way, we'll be able to keep tabs on whatever they are doing at that moment (144 characters or less).

As I recall, the government already has a program to provide computers and internet access to low-income families. I'm not sure if it's completely free, but the costs are greatly reduced.

Nope. It's real. A lady I know got one because she's on food stamps and disability (she had a hip replaced, but gets around fine). She gave it to her 6th grade son so he would have a phone, since she already had a Boost $50/unlimited account.

Yep. It's real alright. I want one (even if it is a shitty phone and you only get 60 free minutes each mo). /sarcasm

Perfect example of abuse. I'm sure you could qualify for one, being that your so fucking poor. Good thing your parents let you use their computer huh?

I think you missed the sarcasm in the post by JenyEliza, Lonestar.:lol:

Yep, Lonestar missed the sarcasm.

And the story I shared was to illustrate the abuse of this program.

I could tell more about this woman who has had her hip replaced and is on disablity (and every other freaking free program there is), but I won't.

By the way, she's also married to an illegal alien. She's a real piece of work (who refuses to work, go to school or do anything fucking remotely useful with her life). There are *plenty* more just like her out there.

At least I am finishing my degree and soon as that's done, it's back to work for me. I don't want to live like that woman does. Standing in line at food pantries, panhandling for freebies and gimmies. That's no life, but she's content with her monthly disablity check, food stamps, free phone and pantry donations. Blech.

Once again a pure indication of obama's attempt at redistribution of wealth. For all the left wingers, yes, obama is a bleeding heart liberal.
Correct, but let's make sure we're on the right page when we talk about redistribution of wealth.

This program is NOT a redistribution of wealth from the middle to the lower classes. It's a redistribution from the middle to the elite class. The program is just a tool to make it happen, and the poor are nothing more than a convenient wedge to use as motivation and justification for the theft.

Think about it. Who is the ultimate beneficiary of the program? Is it the folks who are getting the phones and service?

Or ....is it the folks who are getting PAID to deliver them, and who are earning INTEREST because they are issuing the loans for the program?

This isn't a case of robbing the rich to give to the poor. This is using the poor as an excuse to rob the middle - and profit the rich. The same rule applies to ALL welfare under our current system. That's why so many people are able to get away with a welfare lifestyle. The finance elite who dominates our policy needs as many welfare recipients as possible so that they can justify taking as much of our dollars as possible.

If you want to understand how fully your radio propagandists are lying, listen very carefully to how they frame the so-called "liberal" representatives and "lazy" welfare recipients as the reason for this situation. They will NEVER call out the real culprits by pointing out that the banks are the ones who reap ever-expanding rewards as our welfare and social systems are expanded by government. They blame it on the left/right paradigm - always increasing the political divide while never identifying the root of the problem.

The banks use poverty as an excuse to drive legislation that takes tax dollars from us and fills their coffers. yes, the poor get something that many do not deserve, but they are not the root of the problem. They are the wedge used by the banks to sell the policy. All of the tax dollars go into the bank coffers as profit. The media's job is to blame it on government and to negate all focus on the finance side of the issue.

We've been 100% sold out. It's now a matter of how much money the banks can steal from us before we become the next Argentina.

It's not paid for by tax dollars. But we are all paying for it indirectly through our phone bills.

SafeLink is run by a subsidiary of América Móvil, the world’s fourth largest wireless company in terms of subscribers, but it is not paid for directly by the company. Nor is it paid for with "tax payer money," as the e-mail claims. Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission. The USF is sustained by contributions from telecommunications companies such as "long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers." The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill

The Obama Phone? | FactCheck.org

it is about being able to monitor people activity's..it is easier than chipping everyone ..NSA would love it if everyone carried a cell phone.. there was a house for abused woman that was giving cell phones and unlimited local cell phone time to people that stayed there..woman were lying and saying there boyfreind was abusing them when they were in fact single and would stay there for a few days just to get the free phone and cell phone time

Last edited:
it is about being able to monitor people activity's..it is easier than chipping everyone ..NSA would love it if everyone carried a cell phone.. there was a house for abused woman that was giving cell phones and unlimited local cell phone time to people that stayed there..woman where lying and saying there boyfreind was abusing them when they were in fact single and would stay there for a few days just to get the free phone and cell phone time

Buy two and stick one in someone else's car.

it is about being able to monitor people activity's..it is easier than chipping everyone ..NSA would love it if everyone carried a cell phone.. there was a house for abused woman that was giving cell phones and unlimited local cell phone time to people that stayed there..woman where lying and saying there boyfreind was abusing them when they were in fact single and would stay there for a few days just to get the free phone and cell phone time

They need a study on how many drug deals will be made using these freebie cell phones?

It's not paid for by tax dollars. But we are all paying for it indirectly through our phone bills.

SafeLink is run by a subsidiary of América Móvil, the world’s fourth largest wireless company in terms of subscribers, but it is not paid for directly by the company. Nor is it paid for with "tax payer money," as the e-mail claims. Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission. The USF is sustained by contributions from telecommunications companies such as "long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers." The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill

The Obama Phone? | FactCheck.org

Hmmmm .... reminds me of something else we supposedly aren't going to have to go deeper in debt for.

A little more of an explanation would be appreciated, as I dont follow links that I dont recognize.

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers.

I would only be in favor of this for emergency use only (911)...and even that would be a stretch.

The strange thing, you don't need service on a cell phone to call 911, unless they recently changed it.

It's times like these I'm glad I pay taxes so that people who do not want to work for a living can have a cell phone.
and ....

You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if...

You already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
* Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
* Food Stamps
* Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
* Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
* Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
* Medicaid
* Crisis Intervention Program
* Work First

No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Assistance through another phone carrier. If someone in your household is receiving Lifeline Assistance you must cancel the service before applying for Lifeline Service through SafeLink Wireless.

You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your FREE phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.

Hell ... since I'm on Food Stamps I may as well get a free cell phone and just stop paying $20 for my land-line (I could get a discount for that but just don't bother because it only takes off $5 after taxes and state fees).

Whatever comes from government sooner or later has it's price. I wouldn't take one even if they pay me to get it.

Ame®icano;1674693 said:
Whatever comes from government sooner or later has it's price. I wouldn't take one even if they pay me to get it.

You and I both brotha'! What I get I EARN. I accept NO charity from anyone, especially a Government that doesn't care a WIT of me but their POWER over me.

This program is nothing but the Government giving 'Boubles and TRINQUETS' to BUY votes.

It's that simple. This Government program should be discontinued.

Forum List

Back