Wrapping up the warmest December ever recorded in this country.

It's funny how you idiots claim the warmest this, and the warmest that, and yet everyplace I'm reading about they are freezing their collective asses off. Even Sin City looks set to enjoy a snow storm. The second in 6 years.

Winter Weather Advisory
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAS VEGAS NV
235 AM PST TUE DEC 30 2014
...RARE LOW ELEVATION SNOW NEW YEAR`S EVE INTO NEW YEAR`S DAY...
.A COLD AND SOMEWHAT MOIST STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE SOUTH ACROSS
CALIFORNIA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING THEN ACROSS THE MOJAVE DESERT
BETWEEN NEW YEAR`S EVE INTO NEW YEAR`S DAY. WITH SUFFICIENT COLD AIR
IN PLACE AND MOISTURE MOVING INTO IT...SNOW WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL
TO FALL AND ACCUMULATE AS LOW AS AROUND 2000 FEET.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...r+Statement⪫=36.2108&lon=-115.2238#.VKHgbsAAA

It was the first Christmas, living here in Maine, without it being white with snow, and I HATED IT..... :D oh well....guess we have next Christmas to look forward to that white stuff!

it was 55 degrees Christmas day for us.... though I believe I heard that Hawaii got our snow...?

Woke up to 10 degrees outside this morning so maybe the cold was just running a little late this year?

The "it's snowing, therefore global warming isn't happening" logic nonwithstanding, 2014 as a whole also looks to be the warmest year ever

2014 is set to be the warmest year EVER ... and it s even changing the taste of our wine Daily Mail Online

(Sorry for citing the Daily Mail, but interesting that even right-wing publications like them talk openly about climate change)
precip_chart.gif

I once tried to explain the rain/snow cycle to USMB right wingers and one said that evaporation is just another "wild liberal theory". When I pointed out that if you take a pan of water and boil it, the water disappears. Where does it go? A USMB right winger said, "And now you are just talking crazy".

Is it any wonder that Red State governors go to Blue States looking for workers? Would you want such ignorance working for you?

The "it's snowing, therefore global warming isn't happening" logic nonwithstanding, 2014 as a whole also looks to be the warmest year ever

2014 is set to be the warmest year EVER ... and it s even changing the taste of our wine Daily Mail Online

(Sorry for citing the Daily Mail, but interesting that even right-wing publications like them talk openly about climate change)

We're merely poking fun at you clowns. Whenever it's warm it's global warming, but when it's cold it's just normal! Doesn't matter though, (and have you ever noticed how the anti gun socks are all globull warmers too! Amazing!) you guys have lost the people. Six years ago whenever there was a globull warming story the comments sections after the story would run 50/50, not though the comments are overwhelmingly skeptical, over 90% now know that globull warming is a scam.

You're toast little progressive troll socko.

We're merely poking fun at you clowns. Whenever it's warm it's global warming, but when it's cold it's just normal! Doesn't matter though, (and have you ever noticed how the anti gun socks are all globull warmers too! Amazing!) you guys have lost the people. Six years ago whenever there was a globull warming story the comments sections after the story would run 50/50, not though the comments are overwhelmingly skeptical, over 90% now know that globull warming is a scam.

You're toast little progressive troll socko.
MWqt33Jl.png

Doesn't seem to be the way it's trending to me.
And it's beyond me how a mod can accuse someone of being a sock with no evidence because they disagree with them.

That all doesn't matter. A handful of deniers devote their every waking moment to obsessively spamming denier cult mantras across the internet. That's what matters.

Now, while most people would call that evidence of cultish behavior among the deniers, Westwall calls it evidence his side has won. That speaks of the sad state of the denier cult. Lacking any real science or data that supports them, they're reduced to declaring victory over blog comments.

That all doesn't matter. A handful of deniers devote their every waking moment to obsessively spamming denier cult mantras across the internet. That's what matters.

Now, while most people would call that evidence of cultish behavior among the deniers, Westwall calls it evidence his side has won. That speaks of the sad state of the denier cult. Lacking any real science or data that supports them, they're reduced to declaring victory over blog comments.

yep ahhhhhhhh ( takes toke of ciggy in classic Denis Leary fashion )...........from the forum member who contributes nothing but conjecture/opinion/philosophy in here. Invariably failing to provide links is...................gay. Feminist bulldogs do it all the time in here!!!:up:

Corporate funding and disinformation is winning
Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Consensus

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities- NASA
Can you even analyze that? 'Very likely' isn't scientific evidence. My guess is that 97% (which is bullshit anyway) of climate scientists need funding.

It's been abnormally cold here anyway. And we've had it pretty good.

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities- NASA

Let's see.......skeptical research has received 100 million dollars over the years.... Globull warmers have received well over 100 billion. So....which number is bigger?

Let's see.......skeptical research has received 100 million dollars over the years.... Globull warmers have received well over 100 billion. So....which number is bigger?

The issue is that the media makes it out to be some kind of debate when it is a complete consensus. You don't have to get huge amount of funding to understand the data btw, my bother is a private sector climate scientist and I assure you, anyone schooled in the field accepts it is happening and caused by humans.

It's funny how you idiots claim the warmest this, and the warmest that, and yet everyplace I'm reading about they are freezing their collective asses off. Even Sin City looks set to enjoy a snow storm. The second in 6 years.

Why is it funny that different areas on earth experience different weather? I dont get it

The issue is that the media makes it out to be some kind of debate when it is a complete consensus. You don't have to get huge amount of funding to understand the data btw, my bother is a private sector climate scientist and I assure you, anyone schooled in the field accepts it is happening and caused by humans.

Science doesn't use the term "consensus". That's your first problem. Science is interested in facts. The facts are that none of the predictions made by the globull warmists has happened. None of them. Consensus is a political term. Scientists, real scientists don't give a rats hind end about consensus.

The consensus science of old told us that the world was flat. We sceptics proved those silly fools wrong. Just like we're proving you wrong, yet again.

Republicans don't believe in science. They believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. You can't fight that kind of determined ignorance. They believe scientists are on the take and contribute next to nothing to nothing.

In fact, the only weapon Republicans have against science is "skepticism". They look at what science discovers or uncovers and say "I don't believe it". No contrary evidence. Nothing. Just "I don't believe it".

Republicans don't believe in science. They believe science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. You can't fight that kind of determined ignorance. They believe scientists are on the take and contribute next to nothing to nothing.

In fact, the only weapon Republicans have against science is "skepticism". They look at what science discovers or uncovers and say "I don't believe it". No contrary evidence. Nothing. Just "I don't believe it".

What's funny derpy, is you don't have the slightest clue of what you speak.

Here's a scientist laying it out for you...

The problem is climatologists no longer follow the scientific method. They have abandoned it in favor of faith.

There's no such thing as a complete consensus, that's an oxymoron. No, they do not all agree, your brother pulled the wool over your eyes.

Forum List

Back