Wow, I just read this. Madoff sign suicide

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
By COLLEEN LONG and TOM HAYS, Associated Press Colleen Long And Tom Hays, Associated Press – 37 mins ago
NEW YORK – The eldest son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff hanged himself by a dog leash in his Manhattan apartment on Saturday, the second anniversary of his father's arrest in a multibillion-dollar Ponzi scheme that swindled thousands of investors of their life savings, law enforcement officials said.

Madoff son found dead in NYC in apparent suicide - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
There was a two year old in that apartment. What kind of man hangs himself where his child may find the body?

It's tragic, all the way around. Whatever the guy may have done, he didn't deserve to end up like that.

• Banned
There was a two year old in that apartment. What kind of man hangs himself where his child may find the body?

It's tragic, all the way around. Whatever the guy may have done, he didn't deserve to end up like that.

What kind of man hangs himself and why is the question which occurs to me. How angry he must have been and what a message he sends to his son and his father.

What kind of man hangs himself and why is the question which occurs to me. How angry he must have been and what a message he sends to his son and his father.

You haven't a clue how depression works do you?

Or knew anyone who killed himself over financial problems.

So the suicides that took place in 1929 after the Great Crash are unknown to you, Revere? Besides, who's to say this man was depressed about money.....could as easily have been shame.

This guy was probably not depressed, he probably did some thing and was not man enough to deal with the guilt or admit to it. I feel bad for his children and if he had a wife, other than that who cares. The world has one less money hungry swine in it.

So the suicides that took place in 1929 after the Great Crash are unknown to you, Revere? Besides, who's to say this man was depressed about money.....could as easily have been shame.

The trustee for the Madoff victims had just filed a huge civil lawsuit.

Methinks that tipped the son over the edge.

As you know I don't believe you're very bright. What I know about suicide is limited to my assoication with two people who killed themselves - one of whom I played golf with only a few weeks before he literally pulled the trigger - my readings of Albert Camus and Durkheim in college.
I infer from you post your have a clue as to why this young man killed himself. Why not share you conclusions? I promise not to laugh (fingers crossed).

He killed himself either because he knew he was guilty and couldn't live with guilt, or the enormous pressure that he and his family has been under.

Bernie Madoff is on record saying he doesn't feel bad swindling people out of billions of dollars. He said that if people were that stupid, they didn't deserve the money in the first place.

I wonder if he feels bad now?

Suicide is an expression of anger, it is quite common to do it where children might find the body.

Suicide is an expression of anger, it is quite common to do it where children might find the body.

My sister in law found her mom in the garage. She was fifteen, and it really fucked her up.

As I recall, it was one of the sons who tipped off the cops on the scheme. I don't know if it was this one or not.

Would this extinguish the law suit?

Forum List

Back