WOW! GOP caught on video lying about reconciliation.

Reconciliation bills ARE budget reconciliation bills. Not sure what you are getting at. All reconciliation bills must comply with the Byrd Rule.

Since you clearly understand that, the problem with you using it to pass legislation that isnt a budget, should be fairly obvious. Unless, of course, you're lying to yourself.

Orrin Hatch was published in the NYT lying about the dangers of reconciliation.
Hatch has voted for reconciliation 12 times that Rachel had scrolled on her screen as she described them.
What a dried up little man, and liar.

I often refer to people as stupid, just because I can, but from what I see here, I think I am actually corrrect. The left are, in fact, stupid.

LOL, and they accuse the right of living and breathing every word that Rush Limbaugh says..

but it is Rachel Maddow after all and I heard she is Real edumacated.:lol:

LOL, and they accuse the right of living and breathing every word that Rush Limbaugh says..

but it is Rachel Maddow after all and I heard she is Real edumacated.:lol:

and the only thing that makes her uglier is that smirk she gets when she's trying to convince her 32 viewers that she's making a very sharp pointed jab at the enemy (the right, for those of you who don't know which side she plays for).

What's funny is the stupidity of the whole thing...she's slamming reconciliation, but doesn't know how it is supposed to be used...and she slams FOX, as usual, because she can't do a show without slamming FOX. But we're supposed to believe that FOX is the negative channel....snore.

Do you guys just ignore any information that doesn't fit your world view? Reconciliation is for budget matters. Brand new legislation is not a budget. You can't extend reconciliation to health care because it's not a budget. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Budgets - Good

Legislation - Bad

The only people lying here are you guys.

Do you guys just ignore any information that doesn't fit your world view? Reconciliation is for budget matters. Brand new legislation is not a budget. You can't extend reconciliation to health care because it's not a budget. This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Budgets - Good

Legislation - Bad

The only people lying here are you guys.

I had assumed they were stupid. My bad.

But perhaps the process is above their intellectual paygrade, so they just take Rachel's word for it.

Hatch has voted for reconciliation 12 times that Rachel had scrolled on her screen as she described them.

First go find out what reconciliation is for. And what it has been used for in the past. Then come back and tell us who's 'lying'. Idiot.

First to find out what reconciliation is for. And what it has been used for in the past. Then come back and tell us who's 'lying'. Idiot.

If the dems jump through all the hoops needed to use reconciliation then it's a legit use of it, whether y'all like it or not.

Rachel Maddow Show

If you watch this, the host shows clips of GOP leaders speaking out of all sides of their mouths. Even better...she shows FOX News news programs doing what they say only opinion shows do...take partisan swipes and feed propaganda.

I am no great fan of the host, but the facts speak for themselves.

:evil:

you and rachel got the red itch tonight huh? we got an ointment for that! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was so lame, but then that's all you're capable of.

First to find out what reconciliation is for. And what it has been used for in the past. Then come back and tell us who's 'lying'. Idiot.

If the dems jump through all the hoops needed to use reconciliation then it's a legit use of it, whether y'all like it or not.
Here are those hoops. That bill is a new entitlement, so how does that work, sparky?

Here are those hoops. That bill is a new entitlement, so how does that work, sparky?

It's looks like there's a lot of wiggle room in all that, douchey.

Where? Try to be specific.

And, you need to calm down. I have no idea what was so offensive in my post that caused you to be so nasty.

Now, to get back to the subject: First of all, the Byrd rules require that the bill be deficit neutral and decrease the deficit over six years. The clock started ticking on that to include 2009. Secondly, any legislation in the bill must demonstrate that it has a budget effect. So, what the Dems end up with is a bill that will not even barely resemble what they want.

I don't see even many Dems who believe in this bill supporting reconciliation, either.

Last edited:

If some others on the left had posted that, I would, without hesitation, call them stupid. However, I know you are not stupid, Art. I also know you are not dishonest. And I don't think you are just a partisan hack. So, 'splain to me how you actually believe that. It simply is not true.

And, you need to calm down. I have no idea what was so offensive in my post that caused you to be so nasty.

Now, to get back to the subject: First of all, the Byrd rules require that the bill be deficit neutral and decrease the deficit over six years. The clock started ticking on that to include 2009. Secondly, any legislation in the bill must demonstrate that it has a budget effect. So, what the Dems end up with is a bill that will not even barely resemble what they want.

I don't see even many Dems who believe in this bill supporting reconciliation, either.

I don't support reconciliation. I want both parties to get their heads out of their asses.

I'll take a look at the link more deeply later on this afternoon.

I don't support reconciliation. I want both parties to get their heads out of their asses.

I hope you will, because you're a smart guy. You really should be able to see why some of us are so set against this.

I hope you will, because you're a smart guy. You really should be able to see why some of us are so set against this.

And why is that, Miss Tea Bagger?

Forum List

Back