Would You Support A Sheriff Like Joe Arpaio in Your Town?

Yep, still don't see where the Sheriff has been convicted of any wrong doing. And again I ask, How many times have the people re-elected him?

Power to the people, he must be doing something right.

Indeed. It is inevitable that somebody who is dedicated to actually enforcing the law and keeping the peace and puts that ahead of 'feel good' nonsense and political correctness and fuzzy headed notions about victims or whatever is going to become a favorite target of those who no longer cherish such values. They want him taken down, destroyed, because he doesn't fit the new attitudes of special consideration for certain constituencies.

Oh quit pretending you're a fucking mind reader. You're not impressing anyone.

So, NRA, if he is THAT bad, how come he has such a high approval rating among the people of Maricopa County and continues to be re-elected again and again and again with huge majorities?

Just what do 'high' approval ratings and getting re-elected have to do with the honesty or character of a political figure, eh? All Joe's re-election demonstrates is the collective poor judgement and perhaps just plain viciousness of the Maricopa County folk.

Yes, if you don't like him and the majority of people in Maricopa County do, that obviously means THEY are ignorant and mean, not that YOU might be wrong. :eusa_whistle:

Because thousands of people have never been wrong before. :cuckoo:

Fallacy: Appeal to Popularity

Yes, I would...Nothing like a lawman ENFORCING laws to piss off the criminal element. Comically, Arizona is just doing the same, modest timid meek little thing. Enforce the f+cking law. Feds pussy foot around. ENFORCE immigration laws , already! What is wrong with thatr?

Things like say Tent City and the way his deputies have treated inmates.

Last edited:
You lefties just can't stand that the righties way is working. That is why the left is costing the county so much with law suit's.

You lefties just can't stand that the righties way is working. That is why the left is costing the county so much with law suit's.

So you think all the lawsuits against Joe and his county are only made because lefties don't like him?

Last edited:

So you think all the lawsuits against Joe and his county are only made because lefties don't like him?

My GUESS is that these lawsuits are being filed because the bleeding hearts are afraid his ideas will catch on. They are hoping to nip it in the bud before anybody else gets any big ideas of actually making getting arrested an unpleasant experience. In addition, Sheriff Joe pretty much says that he is accountable to the citizenry of Maricopa County; and not the the media or elected officials wishing to blast his methods without informing themselves. He pretty much tells them all to "f" off.

If the guy ran for President, I'd vote for him.

My GUESS is that these lawsuits are being filed because the bleeding hearts are afraid his ideas will catch on. They are hoping to nip it in the bud before anybody else gets any big ideas of actually making getting arrested an unpleasant experience. In addition, Sheriff Joe pretty much says that he is accountable to the citizenry of Maricopa County; and not the the media or elected officials wishing to blast his methods without informing themselves. He pretty much tells them all to "f" off.

If the guy ran for President, I'd vote for him.

and i wouldn't trust him to walk my dog.

How is tent city mistreatment? The way inmates are treated? Give specifics and how they are tied to his actual policies. I completely agree with tent city. There is nothing inhuman about pink cloths and hot tents.

How is tent city mistreatment? The way inmates are treated? Give specifics and how they are tied to his actual policies. I completely agree with tent city. There is nothing inhuman about pink cloths and hot tents.

Back in the 1990's, Sheriff Arpaio took away the television privileges of the inmates in his jail and instead broadcast Newt Gingrich college lectures on "Renewing American Civilization" which were excellent. He wouldn't let the inmates watch the sex and violence they would normally choose, and I don't think that was a bad idea.

But I agree jail should not be inhumane and nobody's life or health should be jeopardized while they are incarcerated. I imagine Sherrif Arpaio's jail is safer than most, and there are no accounts of inmates not having enough food or water.

But jail should be uncomfortable and boring and not a place somebody would covet returning to? You bet. If our guys in the military wearing metal helmets, flak jackets, and toting full gear can handle 100 degree heat, often without any shade, there's no reason that guys in light clothing in tents on the desert are being mistreated.

Back in the 1990's, Sheriff Arpaio took away the television privileges of the inmates in his jail and instead broadcast Newt Gingrich college lectures on "Renewing American Civilization" which were excellent. He wouldn't let the inmates watch the sex and violence they would normally choose, and I don't think that was a bad idea.

But I agree jail should not be inhumane and nobody's life or health should be jeopardized while they are incarcerated. I imagine Sherrif Arpaio's jail is safer than most, and there are no accounts of inmates not having enough food or water.

But jail should be uncomfortable and boring and not a place somebody would covet returning to? You bet. If our guys in the military wearing metal helmets, flak jackets, and toting full gear can handle 100 degree heat, often without any shade, there's no reason that guys in light clothing in tents on the desert are being mistreated.

Sounds like Arapaio would run a great concentration camp, complete with right wing propaganda. It says alot that you approve of such draconian measures. He's right wing, so I suppose that excuses his excesses. He's not an effective sheriff:

•Violent crime rates have risen under Arpaio’s watch while they have fallen throughout the rest of Arizona.
•Arpaio’s department has not served over 40,000 felony warrants.
•Arpaio has been suspected of misspending $50 million in taxpayer funds and refused to turn over his records for an investigation.
•Over 2,700 lawsuits have been filed against Arpaio.
•The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department is or has been under investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Departments of Justice and Labor.
•Evidence exists that Arpaio forced an undocumented mother to give birth while handcuffed to a bed.

In an April 2010 interview on “Larry King Live,” Sheriff Arpaio admitted that he arrests “very few” non-Hispanics. Arpaio attempted to justify his admission by citing Arizona’s proximity to Mexico, but ignored the fact that non-Hispanics still make up almost three-quarters of the state’s population.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/three-sonorans/2010/07/17/the-notorious-record-of-sheriff-joe-arpaio/

Yep, he's your kind of guy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back